Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Off Topic Chit Chat Farewell
      All times are GMT  

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:23 am
Jinn
Planetoid

Post subject: Farewell Reply with quote

After two days of nothing but games in which I am the only one that gets blocked and what seems like every player targeting me I am rather frustrated with the game. I am no longer having fun so it is time to stop.

I wish you all well and hope for nothing but good things for the community.

Though my return is unlikely I may stop by the forum from time to time to say hi.

Have a great holiday season everyone!

EDIT:A point of clarification this has been building for weeks, but the last two days have pushed me over the edge. I loved this game and I am ok with people playing strategically but it has been incredibly one sided as of late and I am sick of it.

The kicker was 10 minutes ago. I buy the silicon extractors at the start of the game for 1520 with 20%. The next roll someone lands on the water and auctions it. I am pushed to 1610. Within a few turns the air extractors are sold for 1100 and following that the final white is auctioned when I was broke.

I keep track of blocks and when people do it to others. In the last 31 games a total of 7 times that situation has occurred with someone else owning the whites. In all instances no one blocked. I have now been blocked 3 times with white under similar circumstances. I rarely go after white and the times I do I am consistently blocked.

I believe in sportsman like play. The only time I consider blocking sportsman like is when someone already has an income and you are blocking additional ones.

I've been thinking back and I can recall only two instances in which someone blocked another player from acquiring the third white. In both the players also had additional property and it was not the start of the game.

Perhaps I am over-reacting. Maybe I should not apply my standard to other people.

Then again, I'm allowed to say what I feel is sporting and not. I'm also allowed to say I'm sick of the unsportsmanlike conduct and retire.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:47 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Don't go man! Reply with quote

I don't know if it is my place to say this, but I don't want to see another long time user go. We've lost so many already and I can't stand to see any more loyal friends leave. I just think you should take a short break and/or play only with people you know won't cheat you. Hell, I got all the way down to 200 and still didn't quit. Just get your game in check, take some time off, maybe a couple of days, and see if u feel like getting back into it. If you still feel like leaving, then there's nothing I can say, but I hope you make the best decision for you.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:21 am
Yiles
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

Jinn- take it easy, bub... don't blow a gasket.

Did it ever occur to you to not spend so much on the first two whites so quickly?

Maybe it's not other people's conduct that is questionable, but rather your strategy Idea

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:37 am
trace567

Jinn, when your playing 4/5 and get blocked do you try to trade much? Or are trades not being accepted by the other players?

I find almost all games to get a set of extractors or utilities you will have to try and trade to get at least one of them.

Utilities can be easier to get the full set, as they go a little cheaper than whites. Also on trading, if you do try and trade to gain the last whites, roughly how much do you normally offer? (Personally depending on cash situation etc I go for between 1500 - 1700)

Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:20 am
MATTIE
Ex Moderator

i have played with jinn more than once ,and i can account each time how his game was , so you guys get the picture.

i had one brown and one orange ( i paid more obviously it being last) and jinn had two of each , he wont do a direct swap, either way at around 150 in start , saying it is risky Shocked

yesterday i had a game with him, where he over- bid for everything ( with not much money left)

he bid up blacks , i gave it to him , he bid up red to almost 1000 ( firstone ) i gave it to him , he opened second red , he had it for same price (-20%)
and i need a set , right ? i opened pink, he bid to 1000 , i gave it again to him and took his last red, with intention of trading ofcourse. as he had no cash. all this early in the game , like start 250.

noone is blocking you jinn, u r bringing it on to yourself . let me tell u something clearly -
the game is not about blocking ypur opponent , it might work in 2p , but wont in 45p, it is about having higher income, simple as that.

can someone put one word to this strategy ? i would but it would be rude.
u need some serious rethinking of strategy mate

Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:37 am
Yiles
Moon

Well... I think i said the same thing previously, only slightly more compassionate?

It's obvious that with some tutelage, Jinn will be a top notch player-

Don't give up kid, I will teach you some kung-fu, if you are willing to learn

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:25 pm
Jinn
Planetoid

Version four

Trace - You are a kind and decent person. I have always enjoyed your presence in the community and you are one of the reasons I stayed as long as I did.

I wish you well in life.

Last edited by Jinn on Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:29 pm
HHHfan
Moon

normally i could let this go, or even agree with u, but after your little post about me, let me just say, "this looks like a sore sport trying to make excuses for his bad choices." sound familiar? if you bought 2 whites for 1500 a piece, that is your bad. while i know the feeling, i also must sit back and laugh cause this is so ironic. even on my worst day, i wouldnt pay more than 1300 for a white, or someone else could have it. thats not even bad dice beating u, thats u beating u.

but personally, i dont blame u. the game is an aggrivating one. i myself just tried to play my first multiplayer game in 2 years, and was cheated straight away, and away i go again. if you play anything besides 2p, your just asking to be cheated, and odds are, you will be, in one way or another. theres no getting around that fact. they will dirty trade, or put up their partners third property for auction, then not bid, or something dirty always happens.

but again, "this looks like a sore sport trying to make excuses for his bad choices."

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:30 pm
Jinn
Planetoid

HHHfan wrote:
normally i could let this go, or even agree with u, but after your little post about me, let me just say, "this looks like a sore sport trying to make excuses for his bad choices." sound familiar? if you bought 2 whites for 1500 a piece, that is your bad. while i know the feeling, i also must sit back and laugh cause this is so ironic. even on my worst day, i wouldnt pay more than 1300 for a white, or someone else could have it. thats not even bad dice beating u, thats u beating u.

but personally, i dont blame u. the game is an aggrivating one. i myself just tried to play my first multiplayer game in 2 years, and was cheated straight away, and away i go again. if you play anything besides 2p, your just asking to be cheated, and odds are, you will be, in one way or another. theres no getting around that fact. they will dirty trade, or put up their partners third property for auction, then not bid, or something dirty always happens.

but again, "this looks like a sore sport trying to make excuses for his bad choices."

Nowhere did I say the game was against me or that people cheated using dice hacks.

Think again.

Apparently you don't know much about 4/5 games. Whites seldom for less than 1500 at the start of the game.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:01 pm
HHHfan
Moon

no, u said people cheated blocking u, which sounds so much more reasonable. lol, whatever, plus, i will never give anyone the search parameters for those hacks, but u are way off. anyhow, your own medicine isnt so good now is it?

Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:52 pm
MATTIE
Ex Moderator

HHHfan wrote:

for someone who uses forums as regularly as you do and never shy away from giving your 2 cents , you should really come forward and start reporting such games.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:36 pm
HHHfan
Moon

well mattie, i have spent countless hundreds of hours playing this game, and im not exaggerating. i have learned a lot about how the system works. why wouldnt i report it?

first off, the game in question one would have thought it was a fair game, right up till the guy put his partners, o, im sorry, i mean opponents, third property up for auction. it was a light blue and let it go for around 300. now, i already know, you guys proudly say that is strategy not cheating. right! no benifit comes to the person who put up the prop. the measley 20% hardly seems worth it. it advances only the person who gets the monopoly, but its not cheating, by rule, but i will always have the common sense to think for myself, and its cheating as i live and breath, but hardly worth turning in. plus, by the mods own admission, whats cheating in one game, may not be cheating in another, which is just another way to say, it really depends on who makes the trade with who, so again, even the trades not so much worth turning in. 2p gaurantees that u dont get cheated, and is the only thing worth playing.

we have gotten this off topic on poor jinn, who was upset cause someone cheated by blocking him, not using a dice hack, just for the record, i know the difference lol. Rolling Eyes

Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:26 am
Jinn
Planetoid

HHHfan wrote:
no, u said people cheated blocking u, which sounds so much more reasonable. lol, whatever, plus, i will never give anyone the search parameters for those hacks, but u are way off. anyhow, your own medicine isnt so good now is it?

I did not use the word cheat. I said the behavior was unsportsmanlike.

There is a considerable difference between those two terms.

Nowhere did I complain the universe was against me.

What I said was specific. I am tired of the unsportsmanlike conduct that has been ever increasing in recent weeks.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:08 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: DONT UNDERSTAND Reply with quote

I do not understand how you consider it bad sportsmanship to block someone from getting a set? the object for anyone on here is to win and sometimes to win you have to block someone from getting a set or a third or fourth white or black, its the name of the game.

ITS ALL GOOD

Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:03 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Needs Clairification Reply with quote

Jinn, could you please directly define "cheating" and "unsportsman's like" conduct in your idea, because it appears that you are splitting hairs. Question

I can agree how annoying it is when someone opens a property that another player could easily get while the others can't. However, this applies mainly to completing a set or for extractors/ultilites. It does ruin the game and in my opnion is cheating if done on purpose. Accidents happen and so does ignorance but it is awfully disrupting.