Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Off Topic Chit Chat my appoligies to kreso
      All times are GMT  

Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:49 am
HHHfan
Moon

Post subject: my appoligies to kreso Reply with quote

one more thing i wanna do while im dinkin around on here, is to appoligize to kreso, cause i claimed on more than one occation that i believed this game to be rigged from the start. recently, however, its been brought to my attention that i may well be wrong. not to say that the dice dont work out just a little too good to not be rigged, but:

it was recently brought to my attention that there are thousands upon thousands of dice hacks on the internet. this is a better explaination for the improbable outcomes admittadly than the game itself being compromised. now, if you all could just figure out a way to filter the dice hacks, it could improve things? anyhow this was brought to my attention about a week ago and i meant to come and appolagize for claiming the programmer of this game rigged it, but i still think dice hacks happen here way more than people pry know. personaly i would have no use for them, cause i like to win cause i win, not cause i couldnt lose.

Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:31 am
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Errrrr right, lets get this straight. It's now not kreso's fault the dice don't do what you want. Its now dice hacking, ok.......well thing is ok, kreso has things in place to protect from hacking.

I think your comment is really not an appology, more an attempt at causing up-roar.

Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:05 am
HHHfan
Moon

well, u can think what u want. i said that i believed the programmer (kreso) rigged each game to pick a winner. 2p surely seemed that way. then i was shown a world of possibilities that i wasnt even sure exiseted for sure, which seem more likely. i assure u my appoligy is just that.

im 32 and getting ready to go to school to learn how to market 2 chess variants that i have copyrighted which pale in comparison to regualr chess, or gm as far as complexity and strategy goes. i have no reason to lie.

as for the other posts, it is an obvious question about a game i used to love. it is questions for which u have no good answers because there are none. if ur wondering, im referring to the banning of people for speech, when each player has the option to mute. and as much as i hate to admit it, deals like aussies deal where its cheating if some people do it, but grey area if others do. its things like that that make people who once liked the game a lot, decide not to play anymore, so dont get so bent outa shape about obvious truths... youll live longer!

Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:01 pm
Yiles
Moon

yawn

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:00 pm
Jinn
Planetoid

Post subject: Re: my appoligies to kreso Reply with quote

HHHfan wrote:
one more thing i wanna do while im dinkin around on here, is to appoligize to kreso, cause i claimed on more than one occation that i believed this game to be rigged from the start. recently, however, its been brought to my attention that i may well be wrong. not to say that the dice dont work out just a little too good to not be rigged, but:

it was recently brought to my attention that there are thousands upon thousands of dice hacks on the internet. this is a better explaination for the improbable outcomes admittadly than the game itself being compromised. now, if you all could just figure out a way to filter the dice hacks, it could improve things? anyhow this was brought to my attention about a week ago and i meant to come and appolagize for claiming the programmer of this game rigged it, but i still think dice hacks happen here way more than people pry know. personaly i would have no use for them, cause i like to win cause i win, not cause i couldnt lose.

In order to affect the dice rolls in this game you would have to modify the source code. This is possible to do with a hack but would be incredibly difficult to do.

Moreover no dice hack will let you click a button and the hack will automatically force your opponents to hit your properties and you to miss theirs.

Any form of a hack would require user input and require you to constantly send packets to the server (something that is easily detectable) in order to affect dice rolls. You would then have to manually enter the values that you wanted.

While it may not be entirely impossible I find it incredibly unlikely this is a commonplace activity.

This is not an open source game. It would require a person with considerable hacking skills. I would think a person capable of doing something this complex would have better things to do with their time than to cheat on a game that less than 1,000 people regularly play.

What this really sounds like to me is a sore sport trying to find yet another excuse for his poor choices.

As a side note a google search of the phrase "Galactic Magnate Hack" and "Galactic Magnate dice hack" turns up nothing viable.