Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Temper, temper!
      All times are GMT  

Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:14 pm
Yiles
Moon

Post subject: Temper, temper! Reply with quote

I felt like this is something that should be discussed. I've noticed that many people (including myself) have been letting their tempers and harsh words get the better of them- to the point of people leaving and ending friendships over a silly little game. I can only speak for myself here- while I have clashed with a few people, including Bill and Sim, I don't hold grudges for long, cause I realize everyone wants to win... Win, but at what cost? Losing your composure to me is worse than losing some "meaningless" points in an online game. I think everyone needs to take a look in the mirror and realize that losing your temper in here should not be something that affects you over an extended period of time. Let your anger go- move on- play the game- have fun.

That is all I have to say about that

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:18 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Water under the bridge. Reply with quote

Thanks again for your never ceasing advice, Yiles

I must say, I did feel hurt when you chastised my advice to Sim. (See “sorry” post in off topic forum) I was just giving wisdom to him stemming from my personal experience with addiction. Not to alcohol, but with marijuana. I used this as an escape throughout my hellish junior high and high school years starting in 8th grade going through 11th but it gave me violent convulsions, fainting spells, and only magnified my severe anger and depression I was already going through due to personal issues and horrible experiences. I’ve been sober (from weed) for 4 almost 5 years now, and drink only on special occasions or holidays. I sort of took this hard and maybe overreacted. But enough of my personal life, I was offended by your supposed trolling but maybe it was just a valid examination. Regardless, I’m over it and probably deserve it anyway.

As for getting the last word, (see “request to me” post) I don’t think I had this intention (maybe subconsciously). I most likely added a reply to keep the topic going but it was maybe misconstrued. Either way, I hope we continue to coexist soundly and that you had a good weekend. (Didn’t quite know how to wrap this essay up.)
Wink

Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:58 am
Yiles
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

This post was not directed towards you- but again gee thanks for spamming it with your personal problems.

Dude.

Take a break. Read a book. Watch TV. Pick some flowers. Do ANYTHING except post for a while

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:52 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

yeah as you say yiles its only a game but to me it reflects the true nature of the person playing it. ...and man there are some real arseholes that play this game

i play this game as clean as i can with consideration to others in game..i do not intertionally screw other over by accepting ridiculous gutter type trades....god knows i get lots of offers where i could flush others down the toilet but i dont for i respect others in game.

as you know i have a temper but trust me you have only seen half of it..i will not sit back and let anyone take advantage of me without a fight...and if i lose so called friendships because i stand up for myself then tough shit

Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:13 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: I just can't catch a break..... Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Once again, I messed up. No surprise; I didn't see the whole game controversy until now. It would help me to clearly know who a post was addressed to by the author directly putting who it is for, but I don't know...

FYI, I did take a break all Saturday and most of Sunday, but ... whatever... Sad

I didn't intend to spam. The reason I share personal experiences is for people to relate to and learn from and to show we are complex people beyond what you see. "You must learn from the mistakes of others; you can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself." - Sam Levenson. I could consider myself an open book no one wants to read. I keep some anonymity for fear of people hating the contents.

Why is it that our true natures tend to show when we're wearing masks? I wish to be known yet I wish to stay hidden. Is it not human nature to want to be accepted? Try as I might, I don't seem to fit in here, let alone anywhere else.

Something that relates to the topic at hand:
"In times of conflict, people tend to think what will save themselves. Eventually, though much war, one no longer has any loved ones; no friends. When people become pluses and minuses, one is truly alone" derived from Sons of Anarchy season 2.

Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:56 pm
Yiles
Moon

aussie wrote:
as you know i have a temper but trust me you have only seen half of it..i will not sit back and let anyone take advantage of me without a fight...and if i lose so called friendships because i stand up for myself then tough shit

No one is saying that you shouldn't stand up for yourself, H.

Just saying don't let that anger define you. Everyone gets angry in here from time to time- but I just don't want to see you eaten up by it. You have way too much to offer other than angry words

Luv ya

Bruce Lee wrote: