Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Announcements, Maintenance and Tournaments Goodbye all
      All times are GMT  

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:43 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Goodbye all Reply with quote

hi all.

over the last few weeks/maybe couple of months i have not been as active here as i once was, and this was part of my plan to make trace headmod/admin.

i have been thinking some time, of just calling it a day, i have taken this game from only 30 registered accounts upto 50,000+ accounts, but yet i see the same people playing /complaining/ arguing/ discussing ,

i just cannot see how i can do any more to/for this game anymore, and just dont have the energy, nor the motivation to come here,

so as of now, i would like you all to know , that i am stepping away from gm, and will not be playing that often nor will i be on the forum either,

i will still be here in an advisory role, to help with anything you may need,

Trace has my mobile number , and i would like to keep in touch and pop into gm every now and then , but it will be a bit part duty for me from now on.

sorry to have to give this notice.

good luck all

i hope you all do a good enough job to carry on the good name of gm,

bye for now all

Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:51 pm
judd
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

all the best mate

take care

respect

Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:30 pm
jmf81
Planetoid

You have done a great job so sorry to see you go.
Wishing you all the best

Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:35 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: May the best be with you Reply with quote

Wow, I thought something was amiss, but I never believed it was this. I’m not sure how to feel. On one hand I don’t want you to leave, but, on the other, I fully understand your situation and wish you nothing but the best. You have, without a doubt, played an essential role in making what Galactic Magnate is today. It is a hard pill to swallow, but I hope you achieve whatever goals you are after and that you comeback someday soon.

Farewell for now,

Josh

Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:53 am
Jinn
Planetoid

Farewell Bill!

May you find peace and prosperity on your journey through life.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:43 pm
bezma2

We had some bad and some good realtionship in this 3 years Iam on GM. I will remember only the good days spent with you . You did a great job here and I hope that Trace will replace you in the best way she can . I wish you all the best in your life with your kids . Take care and thanks for all you done to me and to GM community . I only hope that one day we will all say the famouse word Mickey Rooney said once >>>>>>>>. I'AM BACK !
Goodbye Gaz . And remember ....GM is our destiny forever !
Regards
Bezma

Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:52 pm
bezma2

Sorry Bill but I must coment this....... The sad thing is that all post ( and they where many in last few days ) are not about your goodbye from GM but about tours and stuff like that . For me that is what we are ( not me ) in this world of selfishnes and kriminal people around us and on GM. Shame on you all wherever you are . SHAME ON YOU . The one of the founder of GM , the one who left his private life to help this game become what it is today , the one who was here whenever we needed him ... is leaving us and there are only 6 post regard his leaving ....mine two post included ??????? What a bunch of barbarian you are . Now iam so pist off that I will say only one thing>>>>.SHAME ON YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:01 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: Yeah, WTF? Reply with quote

Even worse is that NO MODS have even commented here yet. I suppose they could have sent a PM or be posting in the private section or maybe just be busy, but I mean make time people! Evil or Very Mad

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:12 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: You will always be remembered. Reply with quote

Bill I'm sorry there are so few posts in here, but I'd like to let you know you are one of the best things to happen to GM. No one, possibly not even Keresh himself, has put in the amount of work you have. I pray you stay but if you must leave I hope you achieve even more greatness than you have here as I know you can.

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:17 pm
theunknownamus

Gee, even Sim's controversy got more attention than this. I mean, there were over 3 pages on him until Trace had to lock it. Have we really come to a point where it is more worth our time to criticize a fault than to compliment and praise a success? I hate to be negative but the facts are there. Sad

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:18 pm
CANON
Ex Moderator

Don't get me wrong, I COMPLETELY understand your reasons, and the same as mine when i left a year ago as Xcite. Life has priorities, and ever game on here can be an escape from them for some extra-mural relief... but as Head Mod, you have invested an enormous (actually indescribable) amount of time here making it what is is today.

Bez's last post really hit me as to why I haven't posted anything to you yet... operative word is 'yet'.

giving it some thought it actually became quite clear that I am in denial about this... and haven't quite accepted you are leaving and perhaps waiting for you to change your mind?

I am not saying goodbye... but rather seeya later.

Go well big man... and may prosperity find you in all avenues... until we 'meet' again.

Regards
Jim

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:33 pm
trace567

Firstly this exact post was made in mod section first, where mods have privately replied there.

Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:51 pm
trace567

Way I see it, the door is always open for Bill to be a part of GM to whatever extent he likes, whenever he likes (therefore removing all pressure)

The door will NEVER be closed. I have learned so much from Gaz to enable me to do what I can here to the best of my ability. I have deep respect for him.

I don't see it as goodbye, just a removal of the mass expectation and pressure with comitment that comes with this place.

Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:55 pm
highvoltage
Planetoid

don't worry everyone..... he'll be back?

i have looked back in forum old comments it looks like he quit and came back before.....?

will it happen again?

Laughing Confused