Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Off Topic Chit Chat Origins
      All times are GMT  

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:23 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Origins Reply with quote

I would just like for anyone, who wants to, to state the origin of their name/username. Mine came from a personal experience of identity theft which luckily ended on its own but was a major stress and hindrance. I had bought some gifts online when I realized, too lately, that the purchasing zone was not encrypted. Sure enough my credit card number was stolen and my bill skyrocketed which I had to cancel and replace taking monumental time. This stemmed a sight paranoia for me for which I began to use aliases for everything until I finally decided on "Unknownamus". I didn't want to use the cliches of "unknown" and "anonymous" so I cleverly combined the two. Thus creating my identity. (so Jim please do not refer to me as "Uranus" or "anus" or any other chopped loonacy!) Razz Wink _ozzy_ - (Osbourne) My favorite singer (and great musician) Joe_Satriani - Best guitarist EVER Kichigai - Japanese for madness

Last edited by theunknownamus on Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:37 am; edited 7 times in total

Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:29 am
CANON
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, sorry Josh, just couln't resist an intentional spelling error there Wink

Ok, so my turn. I realise my avatar is misleading with regards to the "CANON", but it just kinda went with the name. I am actually a photographer, and was shooting with Canon at the time I created the username... however, made the very beneficial move over to Nikon last year. Hence me not wanting to put up a 'Canon' camera pic as an avatar because they are rubbish imo.

The tank with it's large Canon barrel seemed like a good alternative.

Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:23 am
jmf81
Planetoid

I wasn't feeling very creative when I first joined so mine is just initials and birth year.
Unfortunately something about it makes most people think I'm male Confused

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:51 am
Jinn
Planetoid

Jinn comes from when I was a child and first got The Legend of Zelda for the NES. I had to come up with a name and made this up. I thought it sounded cool.

Then Final Fantasy IV (II in the U.S.) came out and there is a summoned monster named "Jinn" which everyone thinks I copied from.

But its just something I made up and have kept. Sauros (my other forum account) is another name I made up but much later in life when I was 22 for use in a different game.

Jinn has been my video game alter ego for pretty much everything.

Some of my real life friends also call me by this name because I use it so often.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:24 am
jmf81
Planetoid

jmf81 wrote:
I wasn't feeling very creative when I first joined so mine is just initials and birth year.
Unfortunately something about it makes most people think I'm male Confused

Just adding something. My first post was badly worded when I said "unfortunately". Nothing wrong with being male Smile

Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:36 am
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

nice thread Josh.

I use the name WelshLeek on many games and forums , the reason for the name Is im Welsh and a leek is something that is worn here by the males for tradition on our national day for wales, otherwise known as ST Davids Day. Smile Smile

I also use the name use-give for obvious reasons... I use to see a ot of players saying please use give in the game ... so thought hmmmm this make a good name . Rolling Eyes

Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:49 pm
trace567

My trace accounts were the first. Little imagination on them. My dad calls me Trace rather than Tracy.
Jmf, you'd be surprised how many times I become a he on this place lol. Having checked I can however definitely confirm I am 100% female.

Goldswan - I smoke golden virginia tobacco and swan filter tips. I was sat at the computer thinking of a name to use, so used desk inspiration.

Diaryofdreams - This is actually the name of a German dark wave band.

Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:14 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: Wow, this got popular fast! Reply with quote

(Thanks Steve)

[Could this, possibly, be a Sticky?]

Another one of mine is Infinite_Josh. Somewhat self-explanatory. My name's Josh and, besides being on here almost infinitely, when I commit to something I just keep doing it. Wink Smile

Last edited by theunknownamus on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:18 pm; edited 3 times in total

Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:08 pm
Beretta
Ex Moderator

k9rules i work with dogs everyday professionally them and bad people

Rollaway hurry up and roll the dice lol

funtimes cause sometimes u just have to have fun playing the game

Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:48 am
theunknownamus

One of mine I think needs explaining is my game name "JackMinnow". First of all, it is NOT derived from or related to in any way with Pirates of the Carribbean (I'm speak of course of the arrogant Jack Sparrow. One's a bird, mine's a fish.) It is a play on words of a French color called Jacqueminot which is a half-hardy, deep crimson blood red of the remontant class; so named after General Jacqueminot , of France. (I thought it was pretty cool.) Cool

Also, I can be considered a jack-of-all-trades as I have many talents & interests. Razz

Last edited by theunknownamus on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:21 pm; edited 4 times in total

Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:34 pm
highvoltage
Planetoid

my name comes from 2 things:

1 i play bass (4 string guitar) and
2 i once peed on an electric fence which hurt BADLY!!!!

wasn't drunk or noting just dumb lol

Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:20 pm
theunknownamus

Last edited by theunknownamus on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:55 pm
HHHfan
Moon

i got mine a long time ago, when everybody hated triple H and i seemed to be his only fan. now he's a salesman and everyone likes him, but i kept the name anyhow. Laughing

Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:02 pm
XCITE
Asteroid

highvoltage wrote:

wasn't drunk or noting just dumb lol

"dumb" or numb... Laughing

Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:01 pm
CANON
Ex Moderator

Canon, I've explained... thought i'd pop down a few more.

Xcite - Well I was new then and excited to play teh game... no biggie Smile

Chill - Obvious... saw all the ranting in the forum in those days and decided on a self-explainatory name.

Red_Wine - duh, figure it out... lol

I_Lynx - my favourite african wild cat (Lynx or Caracul)... something i work with.

U_Turn - Because just when u think you have me, i take a u-turn and change my tactic Wink

Eishh - COmmon South African (Zulu) expression for "oh good grief"

..... more later....
Very Happy