theunknownamus

Post subject: Oh, crap. Reply with quote

(I'm not touching this with a 30 meter pole) Shocked

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:39 am
diron
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

imouttaideas wrote:
If there was no profanity and no insults directed at the person why is he being banned at all?

+1

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:56 am
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

he /she needs to learn to play the gane abd bot ruin others game if prices that he thinks are fair are not brin g paid... each and every individual thinks are fair prices if ya get what im saying... of ots not paid does not mean u should try to wreck player/players game. vbut hey who am i to day

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:46 am
trace567

CYN wrote:
I also just finished a game with page up who was very rude and had possible teaming going on. Trace warned them last night and now there are two complaints tonight.
Therefore there will be a 15 day ban to hopefully adjust their attitude.
After review this person has been banned before for rude conduct so with that taken into account the ban will be 60 days

As there was such a difference of ban length I have personally looked into this, on the grounds of checking why there was a large difference in judgement.

I am in agreement with Canon's 15 day ban having checked the logs and admin. I notice CYN first stated 15 days (which was identical to Canon and my own conclusion).

"After review this person has been banned before for rude conduct so with that taken into account the ban will be 60 days"

I am a little puzzled by the above, I need to speak to CYN to find out what happened here, but I am strongly suspecting that an error was based on the admin viewing. Quite possibly she was looking at an entry made for a different user.

This really shows exactly why it is that we will and always do look into any player disputing a ban, it is easy to make a mistake, especially viewing past entries in admin, but admin checks are equally essential to make the ban length appropriate if previous bans were issued.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:53 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: repeat offender Reply with quote

aussie wrote:
Quote:
was in a 5p a couple of hours ago as hotdogs and pageup set about ruining the game esp for paybackmen

she auctioned off 2 cyan and 1 yellow with the deliberate intentions of ruin ing the game the chat logs will verify this claim

i was only one with cash so i got them for about 900 (i had 3rd cyan and 2nd yellow) so i got 2 sets almost gifted to me

can mods give her a warning about the spiteful manner in which she plays the game

this is the 2nd game she has played like this as far as i know

ITS ALL GOOD

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:55 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Bill2k06

Replies: 8
Views: 243
PostForum: Report cheaters, and other complaints Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:39 am Subject: CAMPAIGN FOR THE REMOVAL OF TRACE
banned 4 times in last 12months , for a minimum of 5 days on each , points reductions well, theres been a few reductions also .

ITS ALL GOOD

Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:56 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Welsh-Leek
Planetoid

Post subject: pageup conduct in game Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post View IP address of poster
HI I just finished a 4p game with my self as welshleek, mole,cheezycrust and pageup.

I would like the game reviewed for pageups conduct during the whole game. HE stated in chat that he was trying to ruin ppls games and obviously did not car about ruining others game. Is over all conduct through the game was very unsporting and as he is known for haveing warnings and bans and most recently a point reduction he obviously has not learned.

could a mod plz look into this and his overall conduct as i was also told by mole pageup did exactly the same in a previous game just b4 this one.

I would be glad to hear a mods comments and any thier outcome of his overall conduct on here.

thanks in advance

ITS ALL GOOD

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:20 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

i support cyn on this one.. for all the spite that this person pageup aka marydacat injects into games 15 days is not enough

this person is not very pleasnat to be stuck in a game with... if other players dont yield to her/his wishes then that person becomes a target ...pageup sets out to make sure they dont stand a chance.

and diron instead of mouthing off ...join a game with pageup and then you will see exactly what the rest of us are talking about.

60 day ban for someone who is a repeat offender is not long enough

Last edited by aussie on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:32 am
ingeras
Moon

And now it is Cyn turn , what the h..l is going on here, it is a campaign against mods or what??first Trace after Sim and now Cyn , maybe tomorrow will be Jim's turn.
Calm down all of u , if u was here before one year or more when no mods was active , this place was like hell with all sick fool players who was ruining everything.
Instead of thanking the mods who are passing a big part of their time resolving ur problems and dealing with all fools who ruin the forum or game u come and moan everyday ( i am not talking just about marydcat it is about the hole situation going on here) it is really annoying . U forgot an important issue they are not paid they are giving u their time instead of staying with their family and kids.
CYN is a very fair person as TRACE is so stop attacking them.
When they gave u a ban they look over all ur conduct in all games and all the bans u had before and after they took their decisions, it is not about just ur last game u was in.if u have any problem come and post and ask for other review with another mod but dont attack...
As for others who come and flame situations i think it is not our business as we wasnt in those games to comment and make things go worst, if u think u have the ability to took decisions and u have the vision to see all what others dont see u can go and apply for mod job...
And as i said i am not talking about people who posting on this thread or about Marydacat i m talking generally.

Sorry for my long post.

All the best

Miruna

Our greatest glory is not in never falling,but in rising every time we fall...(Confucius)

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:23 am
sim5
Planet

thanks ingeras very much
we all appreciate ur words

No expectations, no disappointments.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:47 pm
trace567

If only others could see it how ingeras does.

Until then mods will continue to get warn down till they eventually walk away, leaving yet more moaning players when there is nobody left to deal with your complaints.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:54 pm
theunknownamus

Post subject: OMG Reply with quote

I couldn't even begin to imagine a Galactic Magnate world without any mods or admins. Surprised Surprised Surprised What an apocalyptic abomination! Shocked Shocked Shocked

I thank the lord that all the mods give their unyielding dedication to making this place a benevolent game where everyone can enjoy. They will not be moved by any foul player, cheap cheater, or cantankerous idiot. To every mod and admin here, past and present, thank you.

Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:14 pm
CANON
Ex Moderator

Thank you uranus, I appreciate your words.. seriously! (although.. ok 'uranus' was a joke because although you can be annoying, u're ok mate... and you write well, which I appreciate.)

First of all, people tend to forget that mods are not paid, and this game/forum/complaint story DOES get to us, whether you like it or not ( the cheaters/abusers probably do like it because they're all twats).... The fact of the matter is that we're just like any other player, with a workload of titans do .... for FREE!

So yea, we are the ONLY people that can protect the normal, fair player from cheats trading, abuse and foul language (we have kids and parents playing here remember).... and yet the mods get fire thrown every oppurtunity available.

I TOTALLY agree that the pointless "god-complex" rubbish is ridiculous... it's a flipping game for pete's sake (who the hell is pete anyway?)... but I've been there, 2 years ago and I admit fully that I let it get to me and felt "important". Must have been to do with my own insecurities to be quite honest.

I say we all keep on playing... i certainly will.. mod or not.. because whatever stupid forum posts people make... and whatever fights break out... this is an AWESOME game.. .and i will keep playing it addictively for years to come..

Thanks for listening.. and if you read up until this point then you couldn't have been too bored Wink

Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:53 pm
judd
Planet

CANON wrote:
Thanks for listening.. and if you read up until this point then you couldn't have been too bored Wink

i felt entertained Very Happy

Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:06 pm
Yiles
Moon

Quote:
it's a flipping game for pete's sake (who the hell is pete anyway?)

For the record, "Pete" is Saint Peter

You're welcome

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”