Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Announcements, Maintenance and Tournaments Points passing between Kdremix and Sim's accounts
      All times are GMT  
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:59 am
YAAAHOOOO3

Post subject: Reply with quote

feel free to nominate urself as moderator candidate then b/c its fairly obvious SIM's account broke the rules and is subject to ban.......
meaning bye bye to one more mod if mod criteria is enforced which, while it looks like no one wants to enforce, help in the form of new mods is in order if more help is really necessary as you say and any mod is brave enough to enforce the rules

Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:05 am
theunknownamus

I don't think Sim or any player's, whether it be a Mod, Admin, or whatever, first offense should be grounds for banning. Even if he doesn't have a brother, he already paid consequences with many of his accounts. Everyone is human. So long as it dosen't happen again, We can forgive this.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:21 am
YAAAHOOOO3

I don't comment on bans but this is a bannable offense

If you show me one case where a player only got a point reduction for this type of situation then maybe id think otherwise

but a point reduction here is blatent double standards

this incident is characteristic of all the interests of the former ban advocacy

its really great there is such a limited mod presense to have a non bias mod review of this

I request in the interest of well justice for a lack of a better word that someone with lesser interest in the outcome of whether SIM is mod or not ie. an existing mod who would get slammed w/o SIM moding, and someone who hasn't already expressed a bias opinion of this incident be given interum mod access to make a unbias decision on this and issue the necessary ban

Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:52 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Perhaps I acted to hastily. Reply with quote

Ok lets think on this objectively.

I couldn't find an example of this situation before on eariler posts.

Would a normal Mod recieve the same judgement and/or support for the same offense? idk....

Would Galactic Magnate suffer from the loss of a Mod? uh... idk...

Has enough punishment been administered? uhhhh... idk..

answers to these and other questions not found.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:04 am
YAAAHOOOO3

passing points = cheat trade

there are plenty of examples of players being banned for cheat trades

the only thing is the majority of those bans im sure were from either SIM or Trace so ill look in the archive to see who else made such bans in the past which i really dont want to do b/c i dont comment on bans but i will in the interest of double standards

if you play it by the rules im quite certain the rules say cheat trading is a ban

furthermore there are posts which say you cant be a mod w/a ban which is exactly what happened w/Judd

so if he was stircken from his modship for a bannable offense then so should SIM otherwise this is double standards too

the most blatant double standard of couse is regular players getting banned for cheat trades and here its only point reduction so far
i cant even come up with the right word for this Rolling Eyes

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:11 am
theunknownamus

Ok. I understand the absolute hyporcracy that could exist here. I just hate to see good names tarnished. If Sim is a victum, leanancy could be granted. If he is the offender, than the book should be thrown at him.

Since I cant think of a way for Sim to prove his innocense, Im at an impass

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:24 am
YAAAHOOOO3

SIM is smart enough to figure out a way to prove his innocence and has yet to do so which make this seem beyond a reasonable doubt he is the guilty one

I've seen this family member/friend etc excuse as the one using the account and was claimed to be the actual one making the bannable offense many times and each of these times the person was still banned...... see trace bans in help and support section for case study....... in most of those indidences it seemed entirely apparent the person was pleading for excuses to have their ban overturned

none of those bans however went as far as really trying to prove it was the family member/friend etc that really was the one using the account

if SIM really is innocent then I say the family member should come forward and speak on his behalf and admit their wrong doing and not SIM

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:29 am
theunknownamus

That would probably be the perfect way. Although, if Sim's bro did this to him, I doubt his brother would be honest enough to come forward. Sad

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:46 am
YAAAHOOOO3

look i understand everyone likes SIM as a player, i do too........ but justice is justice and setting aside the people aspect it is apparent a bannable offense took place on his user account and therefore the user account should be banned

if his brother was using his account then maybe his brother doesn't have an account of his own so the brother would have nothing to worry about getting a ban himself b/c how can you ban someone w/o an account

i say have the brother come forward on basis of annonimity

either way SIM should be banned as it is still double standards compared to previous bans

in this game its guilty until proven innocent just like in the other claimed family member user bans so unless their are double standards here SIM's account should be banned then its up to him to prove the innocence of the account which is not possible as under the admissions here in this post all of this did take place

Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:56 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

i never thought i would see the day where i would be agreeing with you yahooo but you are correct

rules are rules and if it means sim is banned and stripped of his modship then the rules must be followed so as not to create double standards

i know sim bought it to trace's attention but what his brother has done a bannable act ...in the past if a family member screwed up then too bad whole family cops a ban.

i feel sorry for sim but i dont see any other options if the rules are to be followed

i know i will be attacked for this post but thats the way it is

Last edited by aussie on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:22 am
YAAAHOOOO3

there you have it folks justice is done......

case closed:

Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:30 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

explain plz no idea what you are on about yahoooo

Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:27 pm
judd
Planet

get a grip guys

sim was happy to loose a million points yesterday as a result of this - that is a sign of integrity in adverse cuircumstances

it was not sims accounts which were gaining the points from the point passing games, they were going the other way

sim instigated this investigation - the games relate to 10 months ago. most other people in sims shoes would have kept quiet, but he has had the honesty and character to request a review.

Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:42 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

I dont know how blatently transparent to illustrate this for you guys without stating the obvious ........ this image compare to above image is enough

thats it on this topic, case closed, this is resolved, finished, exasperated, sianarara, hasta la vista, its a wrap, cut, do not take 2

Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:43 pm
trace567

judd wrote:
get a grip guys

sim was happy to loose a million points yesterday as a result of this - that is a sign of integrity in adverse cuircumstances

it was not sims accounts which were gaining the points from the point passing games, they were going the other way

sim instigated this investigation - the games relate to 10 months ago. most other people in sims shoes would have kept quiet, but he has had the honesty and character to request a review.

I totally agree with you here Ju. He has lost a lot from this, and it was himself that came to me (as he couldn't get hold of Bill) to ask me to please check the accounts.

I spent hours going through every single account of Sim's connected to Sim's computer. That was 14 accounts. I went back as far as the system allowed (1000 game entries per user name) So I checked 1000 games for each account.
I did the same on Kd's accounts.

This was not a quick job, it took me hours to get it all done and to post here.

I don't want him gone as a moderator, he does a GOOD job here. This place will suffer if you throw him overboard. I know for fact it will.

You know what, we could of kept quiet allowed kd to keep all those points that were obtained by this (mostly points went to kd's account and not on to sim's) we could of left all sim's points and said nothing. It probably would never of been spotted. We couldn't do that though.

If you wanna see the mess GM will become with sim gone, then keep going. But please don't come to me when you see it all go bad here. Because I will NOT be picking up the pieces.
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next