Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Announcements, Maintenance and Tournaments Points passing between Kdremix and Sim's accounts
      All times are GMT  
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:07 pm
trace567

Post subject: Points passing between Kdremix and Sim's accounts Reply with quote

Yesterday I was approached by Sim (he attempted to contact me the day before but i was busy, he also tried to contact bill2k06). He had discovered by checking admin logs on his accounts that point passing had occurred back in December 08 and January 09. This points passing was done between his brother (using his accounts) and Kdremix.

I have spent hours checking past games (up to 1000 past games) on every account owned by Sim, and every account owned by Kdremix.

I can confirm that there was points passing done between accounts as follows:

Singhisking - 6 games with kdremix786 kd wins all 6 games.

Oilman - Again 6 games with Kdremix786 with kd wining all 6 games

Auction - 6 games with mr_singh (one of kid’s accounts) and 4 games with kdremix786

Medi - 7 games with candysingh85 (again one of kd’s accounts)

Dollar man - 1 game against candysingh85 (dollarman wins)

Goldman - 1 game against mr_singh (Kd) who wins

Gameman - 2 games kdremix786 wins 1- candysingh85 wins 1

Kingman - 2 suspicious looking games

Bid - Candysingh85 (Kd) wins 3 games

All the above games involved either No dice rolls, or very very few. All games stated above were rated games.

Unaffected accounts - Sim5, Mankind, change, Prab, Dimondman.

I have checked through every single account owned by Kdremix. The following accounts have been involved in this - kdremix786, candysingh85,mr_singh

As a result of this Kd’s affected accounts will all be returned to 1k.
All Sim’s affected accounts also will be returned to 1k.

Sim has requested that all his accounts be reduced to 1k as a result of his brothers actions (including unaffected accounts, this includes his moderator account). The games took place in December last year and January of this year.

He is deeply upset to of found out his brother did this. This is exactly the reason players should NEVER share accounts.

I do not wish to see Sim removed from his moderator position, for the following reasons:
He approached me with this information. I believe he was not responsible and his brother is the culprit. It was Sim who reported this to myself and attempted to contact bill2k06.
He has worked very hard as a moderator, and I have looked over his work. He has been doing a excellent job on trade complaints. If we lose SIM as a moderator I strongly feel GM will suffer deeply as a result.

I am stuck in a difficult position. On one hand I feel he should be removed as a moderator, however I believe if this happens all players and the game could suffer deeply.

I know this is going to cause problems, and players will be quick to attack Sim. But I would like to stress that he himself wanted this to be dealt with, he also insisted ALL his account be returned to 1k. I have found no problems with Sim’s moderator actions in the past. Yes he has been called up for a trade in recent weeks. As a result I expect this will not help his reputation here at all.

I ask all players to please think carefully about how you respond to this news.

I would like to throw the decision open to players on if Sim should now be removed as a moderator, baring in mind his account are all to be taken to 1k including all accounts not involved in point passing (at Sim‘s request).

I personally believe to lose Sim will be a huge blow to GM, one we may not be able to recover from. It is not as simple to just change moderators, it takes time for kreso to implement any change. It also takes time to train a new moderator to use the logs etc. It is a lengthy process also requiring another moderator to review work done by a new moderator.
Basically, long story short I know for fact GM as a game will suffer if Sim is removed.

But I want to throw it open to all to vote. The last thing I want is problems with double standards, and I am well aware that this is an occasion where it could be classed as such.

Please vote your choice on if Sim should be removed. We will then take it from there.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:19 pm
judd
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

shocked

if sim is removed from mod, the game will suffer

if sim leaves the game, the game will have lost THE BEST PLAYER EVER

if sim leaves, i probably will to

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:23 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

Post subject: SIM! TO STAY! Reply with quote

SIM has been kind enough to own up to this how many months down the line ??
I think as he has actually brought this up himself and obviously taken a punishment by llosing all his points and being reduced to 1k across the board. I personally would say that is punishment enough. And would like to think many other players would agree to this , no matter what ppl may think of his reputation. as Trace has said sim does a good job here and has been around for sometime and personally do think it would be a huge loss to GM. On the subject of double standards I dont think that comment was needed here trace as this is something that he has already received a very harsh punishement for!!

SIM, I HOPE YOU STAY AS A MODERATOR HERE, BECAUSE IF NOT THE WHOLE GM COMMUNITY IS GOING TO LOSE OUT ON A VERY EXPERIENCED PLAYER! & MODERATOR!

SIM TO STAY! HOPE EVERYONE WILL AGREE! Laughing

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:51 pm
Yiles
Moon

That punishment is pretty harsh- all accounts, even unaffected ones back to 1K?

Whew

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:59 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

i am gobsmacked to learn sim's brother did this to him.

re candysingh....if my memory serves me right, he/she was involved in controversy ages ago. .. i gather kdremix is same person so that fact does not surprise me.

i always wondered how it came to be that kdremix accumulated so many points and so quickly but said nothing as i knew i would be attacked for even mentioning that fact

i feel all of kdrex's accounts (even ones he didnt use to pass points ) should be all taken back to 1000. he should receive the harshest punishment available

re sim... i dont think should be removed as a mod seeing as he didnt try to protect himself or his brother. we dont see eye to eye but thats what happens between individuals

both sims brother and kdreix should receive lengthy bans as well

points passing is the worst kind of cheating possible here on gm

anyway this is only my opinion for whats its worth

Last edited by aussie on Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:12 pm
ingeras
Moon

I am sorry to hear that happening to Sim,
I never understood why they was using the same accounts that was his big mistake.
He came and he reported his brother , and he asked to reduce all his points to 1, it is nice from Sim to report this by himself that should let us know that he is a fair and honest person,
I sometimes ( and others too) got upset with Sim s trades and never understand them , but that does not mean that he is not a very fair player it is just his way of playing ...

I think as that was not Sim the one involved in those cheat things and coz he came and reported himself ,things that happened long time ago just the affected accounts should be reduced to 1 and not all of them, that was not his mistake.
He should not be removed from mod position at all he is doing good things here as Tracy confirmed.

Miruna

Our greatest glory is not in never falling,but in rising every time we fall...(Confucius)

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:15 pm
judd
Planet

agree with all comments

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:21 pm
trace567

For the record, I did not want to remove all points on all accounts. But Sim requested I do this and he was deeply concerned how people would view his points after this news.

I have the greatest respect for Sim having told me what he found and asking me to look into this for him. He has been very honest and straight up. It was painful to make all the point reductions.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:23 pm
diron
Moon

I agree with all in this case, feel sorry for Sim for what his brother done to him.
Sim should stay as moderator and he should keep the points on all accounts that are not affected!

Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:31 pm
jmf81
Planetoid

I agree, Sim should stay on as moderator

Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:26 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Oh, my god. Reply with quote

This is the possibly the absolute most devestating news I have ever heard on GM. Shocked Shocked Shocked I have the utmost empathy for Sim. I once had a RuneScape account a couple of years ago. It was very successful, had accomplished so much, and made many friends. Now, this situation is a bit different as I shared this with my cousin and we made the account very successful together. However, somehow my "friend" discovered my password and used it for sickening purposes such as speaking many atrocious hate speech vulgarties, violent sexual references and words, and several other unspeakable acts. I was and still am banned indefinitely. Everything was gone in an instant. Worse of all, I came forward with this problem to the Administrators to the site and they didn't believe us, despite our past being spotless and all our contributions to the site.

I thank God that Sim has an understanding audience here at GM, unlike many other mega-plex sites. Since he came forward with his mistake, which wasn't fully his, I might add, I believe he should be forgiven. It makes me sick to find out the people one trusts could do such a thing to you.

As for KDremix, look, I understand the desire to be prosperous but taking the easy way when everyone esle must work hard for their success is wrong. Even if it were easy to achieve fame and power, if everyone simply got it instantly without any hard work or dedication, there would be no value to it.
It's integrity or infamy and you made your choice.
That's practically the meaning of life: To work in order to gain.

For instance, Gang or Mob bosses and/or drug dealers make quick, easy, illegal, money. Sure it's a blast for a short time, but this fades with corruption, betrayel, jealosy, and arrests. It is tempting, but not the rightous way. For more information, see the documentary Cocaine Cowboys

However, Take Sim for example, KD. He worked tirelessly to achieve his #2 spot on GM with over 200000 points, second only to maybe David Nobre. He has become a renown part of GM, honored and revered for his honesty, trustworthyness, dependability, and skills. I hope you learn a lesson from him and this experience.

In conclusion, I was feeling I would have to punch myself for being a hypocrite, but anybody who confesses to sin and takes responsibility, even if it's not fully their fault, should be given forgiveness. Don't get too down on yourself, Sim. You have a boatload of supporters here and we will NEVER turn on you. Stay strong.

Best regards, Josh[/i]

Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:41 am
Yiles
Moon

You could have said that in about 1000 less words- Good Lord

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:01 am
theunknownamus

Post subject: Whoops! Reply with quote

Sorry, I included a bit of my life story as to provide a detailed understanding of the situation. (This time, however, I didn't use too many fancy words, mostly just typically known terms.) Wink

Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:10 am
kingfisher
Planetoid

i do this last year just for few games i m sorry trace & sorry to sim

Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:13 am
theunknownamus

Hmm... well at least you're owning up to it now.
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next