Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints cheat trade plz check mods
      All times are GMT  

Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:10 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

Post subject: cheat trade plz check mods Reply with quote

HI was just in a game with myself as welshleek, battle77, mostly_evil and piscis
very early in the game about start 280 i bought a pink for about 1400. No less than a minute or twoo later battle77 sent me a trade to buy which i refused. he then sent another offer immerdiately after which i left on the screen as i know the offers would just keep coming. I then hit accept by mistake and gave battle77 the second pink for 1000. which I immediately said in the chat i would like reversed as I hit it by mistake. Why would I sell the 2nd pink for less thna i paid for it when i bought it to block the pink?
pisces has stated he was not happy with the trade as did mostly evil. so again i requested it to be reversed and battle refused. Im not happy with the way battle plays in general as i am aware of his trades. so therefore i have quit the game costing my 3k in points. If I had not quit this could have been classed as a cheat trade on both sides , and im sure both other players will be posting about the trade.I would
A- like my points back as I had to quit
B- would like battle dealt with, pref by a point reduction and or ban

also could you please check battle77 conduct in other games

I would never have quit the game if i thought this trade was ok and would never have asked for it to be reversed.

steve

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:11 pm
piscis
Asteroid

Post subject: Reply with quote

I was playing the game and I have to state that the trade was made due to an error from welshleek. He offered serveral times undo the trade but battle77 refused. I would reported it as a cheat trade but since welsh-leek quit the game at a very early state of the game I am sure it was only a mistaken trade.
This is what I never call "fair play".

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:14 pm
MATTIE
Ex Moderator

i know players are generally not punished for doing trades by mistake . Steve accepted a trade by mistake , ( i am not sure it cud be classified as cheat trade , but 2nd pink for 1000 so early does linger on the borderline ) and sincerely requested battle77 to reverse it , battle77 showing all his unsportsmanlike behavior for all of us to see, refused point blank for a reverse.

i think there should be a rule saying that if ALL the people ( in the game) agree it was not a fair trade , the trade needs to be reversed ? esp in such cases where the person who accepted the trade by mistake requests a reverse .
2 similar cases this week justifies my argument , please check this game and penalize battle77 so he could learn not to act in such dishonorable way again , thank you

Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:36 pm
CANON
Ex Moderator

Ok, firstly let it be known that if you make a mistake it is just that... your mistake. HOWEVER, what i do notice from this particular game is that all players agreed that Welsh made an error in accepting and immediately and sincerely asked for a reverse.

Now in my eyes, this game has some amazing players... some of which were in this game. The selfish and unsporting attitude of battle77 is exactly the kind that I despise myself and will not be tolerated here. The fact that battle77 STILL went on telling the others to report, is a clear indication of the kind of attitude that ruins this game for everyone else.

Welshleek, I am reinstating your pts as before the game.

Battle77, at first I wasn't sure but seeing your conversation and looking at some of your other games, I feel no choice but to serve a very severe warning and deduct 50% of your pts.

Topic closed.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:02 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

i dont agree with this decision....leek made the mistake...

he chose to quit the game...so why did he get his points back.??

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:09 pm
CANON
Ex Moderator

CANON wrote:
Topic closed.

I have reviewed this very carefully thank you Helen, and acted upon a fair judgement from what went on in that game.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:14 pm
Welsh-Leek
Ex Moderator

lil miss negative has to get involved in things that DO NOT concern her again!

Helen keep ur nose out as u dont know what the full situation is.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:17 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

nevertheless.... when a game has been ruled to have had cheat trades in it .....we still dont get our points back even though we were intentionally cheated

here leek made the trade and he made the choice to quit yet HE gets his points back.

.sorry jim once you change the rules for one you may have to change the rules for all

Welsh-Leek wrote:
lil miss negative has to get involved in things that DO NOT concern her again!

Helen keep ur nose out as u dont know what the full situation is.

and leek you are wrong.

... the rules have been bent just for little old you...

the rest of us are told to cop it on the chin...

btw try to not get personal when you post stick to the facts...think you can do that?

Last edited by aussie on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:25 pm
CANON
Ex Moderator

Helen just drop it please. As Welsh and myself just pointed out, you don't know the entire situation here... so there's no need to get uppity.

And fyi, there is no rule change... this was a VERY exclusive decision based on the particular game in question and all players reaction to the trade/mistake. The fact that Welsh quit straight after this gives hum kudos for not wanting to be involved in anything that may seem like a cheat trade. He gets his pts back for that! As for battle77... this is not a once off.

Please don't even think of starting another attack on me... it's pointless and seriously unneccessary.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:36 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

am not attacking you mod...but no one gets their points back regardless of what happened ..even a disconnect does not warrant it

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:46 am
battle77
Planetoid

First ...

1. i offer leek my 2th pink for 2000, he dont accept it.

2. i thought he dont want it, therefore i send him an offer for his 2th pink for 1000

3. he had 2 minutes times to check my offer, after 2 minutes he accept my offer and say it was a mistake , heee ... ?

4. thats your problem and your misfortune man ..., thats game !

5. after this trade they all spam the chat with i will report you battle77, they all write nothing else, we will report you battle, you get ban and and and ...

6. after these "playschool" bugging chat, i write 2 times for fun that i will report you all, too

And now, I get for these 50 % reduce points ?????? and leek get his Points back ..., hehe ... Laughing For what ?????

What a stupid nursery school here !!! no comment ...

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:59 am
CANON
Ex Moderator

I have had various comments from other mods on the decision I made here, and it seems my judgement was not in favour of completeness to GM standards.

So, I hereby have reversed any action (all pt deductions) taken on this situation and will leave final judgement to the other mods.

Helen, you do have my apology for replying in the manner I did as well... That was wrong of me and what you said was indeed quite accurate. I mean that sincerely btw.

Sim, Trace, CYN... your call.

Thank you and apologies for any inconvenience to anyone that my actions may have resulted in.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:52 am
sim5
Planet

2009/10/15 18:56:26
players at start: 4
start money: 235
game time: 11:33

players:
battle77 points:18633 position:36 cash: 1982 credit: 70
welshleek points:13104 position:37 cash: 2324 credit: 100
piscis points:19617 position: 7 cash: 1703 credit: 150
Mostly_Evil points:13022 position:17 cash: 3608 credit: 50

Trade:
From battle77 to welshleek
battle bought pink from welsh(already own 1) for 1000
after trade took place welsh asked battle to reverse it immediately as he thought he made a error by mistake accepting that trade
once u do a trade u can request to other player to reverse it but trade will only be reverse if both r ready to accept
in this case battle was not ready to accept as he thought it was a good trade according to trade rules
welsh got upset & resigned hence losing his points & after that he complaint about that trade which is fair
if some1 think there is a cheat trade he always can come to forum & report

i think we cant force any1 to reverse a trade if he/she feels trade is ok
after looking at trade i feel it was a very bad trade although it happened by mistake from welsh but it cant be clasified as a cheat trade
reason : battle had only 1900 cash + 2 cyan already so after getting 2nd pink he left with just 900 with 2 cyan & 2 pinks giving others oppertunity to block his sets

welsh lost his points by resigning which was his personal decision as he thought he did a mistake with that trade

i think there is no need for any action as canon has already reversed his judgement

i request all players if they feel they get cheated they should report it on forum & let mods decide
all mods will try their best as in this case canon did his best to solve the problem but if some1 is unhappy with such decision they can request other mods to look into it
thanks

No expectations, no disappointments.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:06 pm
trace567

[quote="battle77"]First ...

1. i offer leek my 2th pink for 2000, he dont accept it.

2. i thought he dont want it, therefore i send him an offer for his 2th pink for 1000
quote]

Battle why did you think it ok to try and buy for half that that you had attempted to sell?
The trade was passable. However I strongly object to players who hold such different idea's of value in what they will pay and what they want for a property. You may like to go away and think about that.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:31 pm
sim5
Planet

when some1 makes mistake in trading & want to reverse it immediately all players should reverse it as a nice gesture
hope battle will learn from this

No expectations, no disappointments.