Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions Yearly tournament
      All times are GMT  

Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:43 am
YAAAHOOOO3

Post subject: Yearly tournament Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I think there should be a yearly tournament that is much bigger then the monthly ones where top players actually win prizes. Or other things can be done to make the yearly tournament something special.

What does everyone think about this idea.

Maybe it can be held at the beginning or end of the year?

Ok bfn

ps. I hope my idea doesn't get shot down like all my other previous ideas and at least someone else thinks this would be fun. all ideas welcome. the prize could be something simple and inexpensive like DVD's or movie tickets

Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:01 am
kingfisher
Planetoid

Post subject: Re: Yearly tournament Reply with quote

go idea i like 45p tourny & 2p montly league if we can get yearly mega event it will be very good

prize should be points only that what we play for

Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:47 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea. As KD said would probably have to be points only though. As of course the game takes no money anyway, and also if we did collect any money it would be difficult to give out prizes as players are from all over the world.

But big yearly tourney, I like it Very Happy

Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:29 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

Cool okay I'll keep pushing the idea....

How about if players paid a small registration fee of like $5, this could easily cover the prizes or how about even award certificates? Or a prize someone picks out from a website, even a giftcard.

I'm trying to come up with ideas to make it more significant and something to really look forward to...... something that any player can enter, regardless of their point total, and maybe there could be different levels... basically anything that will get lots of participants,

Does anyone else have any ideas please?
Idea

Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:50 pm
trace567

I don't think any cash or goods based prizes would be feasible. For starters kreso has stated in the past about similar and will not allow it.
Points wise, it is workable.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:21 pm
Jinn
Planetoid

I think a tournament would be great! Especially if we could arrange a good 4 or 5 player tournament.

Points are a suitable prize I think.

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:36 am
YAAAHOOOO3

Hmmm I wonder if its possible to have teams or at least like brackets by continent. Am pretty sure there were tournaments by continent in the past.

Okay what does everyone think about these ideas:

1. Anyone can participate in the tournament regardless of points but will be placed in different divisions ie. division A=15,000+ points, division B=15,000 or less points

2. The tournament to be held Dec. 26 - Dec. 30 2009

3. The tournament can have a name

4. tournament brackets posted 2 weeks prior to start time

The winner(s) will at least have the distinction of being the best player in this mega yearly tournament plus ooodles of points

It sounds like so far everyone would like this to be a 4/5 player tournament

Anyone else have any suggestions? Idea

Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:07 pm
trace567

We would have to be a little careful on points, in respect of we can't give out masses of points off the system without taking them from players. A small bonus would probably be ok.

But with enough people taking part the prize pot from entry fee's would be higher. So if well advertised on the lobby and forum and via email to forum users, it could work.

Liking it Very Happy

Which brings me to another idea which CYN mentioned the other day to us mods. We could have delegated players who are allowed as in given permission to advertise tournaments in the lobby. Will discuss this with mods further and will release details when we have a plan.

Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:22 am
YAAAHOOOO3

Great.... since i'm planning to continue to pursue this mega tournament I'd be more then willing to promote it in the lobby etc....

If its promoted it in the lobby it might also bring more ppl to the forum which will be good for the game and if a lots of different level players participate in the tournament, taking place several months into the future, it might help keep newer players in the game longer

Whatever it takes to make this happen im willing to try it

I'll try to type up some tournament proposals

okay lemme know

Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:02 am
YAAAHOOOO3

Still on my agenda Very Happy

Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:26 am
toonz
Ex Moderator

I can do dat... ppl like me Cool most of time anyway. Im not gunna play tho, most likely cus I gotta work if im not in college

Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:43 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

theres too many tournaments or tournament ideas going on right now plus mod transitions ill leave it up to the mods or wait till nxt yr

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:23 am
sim5
Planet

Post subject: good idea Reply with quote

i like the idea of mega yearly tournament
we will work on this & try to organise this mega yearly tourny where all can play

i think tournament is a great event where players can show their skills & enjoy playing with different kinds of people
some people dont like tournies for some reason i would request them to come forward & give their opinion so that we can improve on this & try to make it more intresting

thanks

No expectations, no disappointments.

Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:27 pm
Yiles
Moon

Well I can tell you right now why people don't play.

The perception is the mods use the tournies to beat up on "non"- mods for points- not saying that's right or wrong, but that is the perception out there...

If the mods organize a "players-only" tourny without any mods, people might play

Just my two cents

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:57 pm
sim5
Planet

sorry its wrong
tournament is open to every1 & anyone can play
i request peoploe should look at their own games when play in tournament rather than thinking who is playing or not

No expectations, no disappointments.