Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion ban player using foul language
      All times are GMT  

Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:55 am
kingfisher
Planetoid

Post subject: ban player using foul language Reply with quote

why people always dont get ban for using foul language,there r many who talks with dirty words but still playing

Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:36 am
YAAAHOOOO3

Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kingfish,

Nice avatar you had up there for a moment.

In regards to swearing it is actually allowed per Trace as long as it isn't direction towards another player and is not excessive. Here's the post regarding this topic:

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3746

Hope this helps.

Late,

Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:46 am
kingfisher
Planetoid

Post subject: Re: ban player using foul language Reply with quote

THANKS I DELETE IT

Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:55 pm
trace567

Well, the thing is people frequently do not report abuse.

When I get back, sunday properly things will change.

Logs will be reviewed daily, every day without fail. So people using abusive behaviour and getting away with it will be a thing of the past. Hopefully.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:45 pm
HHHfan
Moon

i was trying to be supportive, but going over logs of unreported games and banning people for whats said is messed up. i thought for one thing there was supposed to be a mute button, and second, if nobody reports anything, why go stir up more trouble?

this game is an aggrivating one, and things will be said..... but, i suppose if u wish to lose a lot more players, because a few people are very fragile, and cant use mute, then go for it. i can tell you this, i lose it sometimes, and if i get banned for such a thing, when there is a mute button, i wont come back either, and others wont either. get real folks. Confused

Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:46 pm
trace567

Let me state I am talking about abusive behaviour, not 1 swear word said in fraustration. Only people who need worry are those who would get reported if players could be bothered.

Plus if you go back in history the chat logs were reviewed daily by moderators, this stopped happening.

Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:34 pm
jaord_b
Moon

heres another one for you trace if a person is retaliating to a person who is abusing using the same profanity is this cause for the other person to be banned. this is something that has just happened to me and this is why I am being banned in another post

Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:37 pm
trace567

jaord_b wrote:
heres another one for you trace if a person is retaliating to a person who is abusing using the same profanity is this cause for the other person to be banned. this is something that has just happened to me and this is why I am being banned in another post

Personal view, each situation is different. If only a 2p game so nobody else stuck in the middle I am more inclined to let it go, unless the retaliation is excessive and way out of proportion to what started it.