Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints lorraine 30 day ban for trades
      All times are GMT  

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:19 pm
trace567

Post subject: lorraine 30 day ban for trades Reply with quote

Again Lorraine's trades were reported to me. On checking the game I found a number of cheat trades, and other dubious trades (not shown below).

This is not the first time Lorraine has been banned for cheat trades, and has been given warnings within previous games. Along with point reductions.

It is clear this player is unlikely to reform their ways. I have issued a 30 day ban (double the last ban issued for the same reason).

game: 412913
start money: 35
Trade:
From lorraine to rain_drops
Cash: -500
Taking last red.
Lorraine cash: 3625 credit: 750

Above trade sent 3 times.

start money: -625
Trade:
From lorraine to luckystrike
Cash: 1500
Giving 2 orange.

Then another for 1000

start money: -685
Trade:
From lorraine to luckystrike
Cash: 4000
Giving - 4 black, taking 1 orange

No trade of 4000 could possibly be beneficial to both with ec at -685

Above trade sent again at -705, -760 start.
Then again but for 3000 at -760 start

This type of game play is not only trying to get another to accept a cheat trade, but if the other player doesn't wish to trade (a cheat trade) they should certainly not have to keep rejecting it.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:57 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

Post subject: Re: lorraine 30 day ban for trades Reply with quote

trace567 wrote:

This type of game play is not only trying to get another to accept a cheat trade, but if the other player doesn't wish to trade (a cheat trade) they should certainly not have to keep rejecting it.

this whole situation is confusing. Does this mean players can get banned just for offering an abnormal trade even if the trade is not accepted?

If a player is banned for cheat trades but does not actually make a trade and instead just make offers for suspicious trades then they are not actually conducting cheat trades if no trade is actually made.

The whole concept of cheat trades does not entirely make sense to me b/c I can only think of 2 instances where a player would want to make a cheat trade and thats if there's teaming going on or if a player is only trying to survive till the bitter end. Well maybe theres one more in they know they're gonna loose so they want to take someone else down with them. For the servival one since they cannot make a trade when in netagive and since they are only trying to survive as long as possible I cannot see this as being cheating.

For my understanding can someone please explain to me why the trade in this report are cheat trades since im having a hard time following this players trade patterns.

Is there a definition of a cheat trade? Is trading even allowed in regular monopoly? If so I would think real monopoly follows real world situations. If someone want to sell you their house for $1 it is not cheating or illegal so surely there is no rule against this in real monopoly.

Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:42 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: This is not monopoly Reply with quote

this is not monopoly it is just created in reference to monopoly. GM has its own set of rules and inappropriate offers repeatedly by a player is not allowed at the mods discretion. Trace stated why she did what she did and it is very reasonable and i agree with her decision. Case closed.

ITS ALL GOOD

Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:50 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

Post subject: Reply with quote

way to deflect the questions.......

it is still unknown what constitutes a cheat trade and why this incident was a cheat trade when no trade was conducted

no documentation can be found on cheat trading. it is no wonder so many so called cheat trades occur b/c prob many of the ppl conducting the cheat trades do not even know they're breaking the rules

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:15 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: stated repeatedly Reply with quote

it has been stated repeatedly that trades have to benefit BOTH players and offering one that does not will be looked at and they will be banned if it is excessive. It is at the mods discretion at what they feel is excessive and Yahoo you really need to re-read trace's sticky because you are walking a thin line.

ITS ALL GOOD

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:26 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

start money: 35
Trade:
From lorraine to rain_drops
Cash: -500
Taking last red

would you sell anyone 3rd red for 500 if they had 3625 in cash?

this person knows the values of properties and there is no excuse whatsoever for him/her to keep sending others cheat trade offers....

how many cheat trades have been accepted sent by this person??

by the way this person traded 2nd red for 600

Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:59 am
YAAAHOOOO3

hi aussie thanks for trying to help me understand this. i guess i was mostly confused b/c i dont understand trades too much and how they can indirectly and negatively effect other players in the game since i only play 2 player games.....plus i supose i will always be only sympathetic to players who get banned which while not the popular point of view ... it is how i think prob b/c of how the game is run, my position in the game and my extensive ban ordeal which went down really bad. i will try to consider the other point of view of the players effected by the banned player such as players who get cheated upon or ones that get sworn at. however i think i will always think of the one getting banned as the victim.

toodles