Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints lorraine
      All times are GMT  

Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:24 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: lorraine Reply with quote

lorraine banned for 15 days for repeated outrageous trade offers in game with trace and i, we both warned several times, was very irritating and told her would increase ban if she didnt stop and she didnt. Went from 5 to 15

ITS ALL GOOD

Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:35 am
kingpin
Asteroid

Post subject: Reply with quote

THought you couldnt do that in a game you played?

Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:30 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: making a ruling Reply with quote

we cannot make a ruling in a game that we were in but this was for behavior and annoyance and she was warned by both trace and myself and trace and i both agreed.

ITS ALL GOOD

Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:06 am
judd
Planet

Post subject: Re: making a ruling Reply with quote

CYN wrote:
we cannot make a ruling in a game that we were in but this was for behavior and annoyance and she was warned by both trace and myself and trace and i both agreed.

Still needs to be independent, you and trace can't issue the ban as you were both in the game,

Look at what I did.......and what happened Shocked

Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:03 pm
kingpin
Asteroid

Hmm curious to know how you can be banned for offering undervalued properties, Its not a cheat until its accepted is it?.

Also I hope you wasnt saying in game that you will bann her, because that would add fuel to the fire wouldnt it?

Wouldnt it have been better to ignore the offers and conversation and report, seems like u were both using your powers ingame.

Which to me is unfair and not part of the rules.

Last edited by kingpin on Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:06 pm
trace567

The trades in question were not accepted. Lorraine was given several warnings about their trade offers during the game by cyn and myself.

I will request Sim to check the trade offers made by lorraine in game 401499 on 20th July. To verify for players that appropriate action was taken.

I will not undo the ban unless Sim disagrees. Reason being players who make so many ridiculous trade offers in one game is very bad for all players on GM. It is behaviour like this that spoils games for many. So for the benefit of all players the ban will stand unless Sim disagrees.

Sim you may also like to check trade offers made in all games that day by Lorraine, and or their other user names. Also please check previous days trades for this player on their various user names.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:08 pm
kingpin
Asteroid

trace567 wrote:
The trades in question were not accepted. Lorraine was given several warnings about their trade offers during the game by cyn and myself.

I will request Sim to check the trade offers made by lorraine in game 401499 on 20th July. To verify for players that appropriate action was taken.

I will not undo the ban unless Sim disagrees. Reason being players who make so many ridiculous trade offers in one game is very bad for all players on GM. It is behaviour like this that spoils games for many. So for the benefit of all players the ban will stand unless Sim disagrees.

Sim you may also like to check trade offers made in all games that day by Lorraine, and or their other user names.

I would like to see all the chat log and trade offers, The only warning she should have got was "I will Report you....."

Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:19 pm
trace567

You might want this, but I really don't think players would like us to start posting copies of their in game chats.

I also think the greater GM population would in fact be pretty grateful and relieved that a player like this is now gone.

Look at the big picture, of all players, rather than keep trying to pick holes in moderators work here.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:22 pm
kingpin
Asteroid

trace567 wrote:
You might want this, but I really don't think players would like us to start posting copies of their in game chats.

I also think the greater GM population would in fact be pretty grateful and relieved that a player like this is now gone.

Look at the big picture, of all players, rather than keep trying to pick holes in moderators work here.

WRONG, follow the rules or change them, we have to go by them and certainly so should you.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:33 pm
trace567

And if I was to post the chat log, then what? Accusations of altering it since it would of course be copy and paste. Plus of course the logs are in time format so other players chats are mixed up in the log.

Lets have sim look over the entire game and see what he says.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:41 pm
kingpin
Asteroid

I just want to see how you both thretened to ban a player in game.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:17 pm
judd
Planet

trace567 wrote:

Sim you may also like to check trade offers made in all games that day by Lorraine, and or their other user names. Also please check previous days trades for this player on their various user names.

Kingpin, this gives you an indication of how thourough Trace is, as she will spend litteraly hours reviewing trades etc prior to coming to the conclusion that a ban is necessary.

It is UNPAID work, so it might be an idea to back down and await Sims' neutral opinion, which Trace has correctly asked for.

There are only 3 active moderators at the moment.

Show some respect is all that is being asked for here.

The ban would not have been issued for no reason, trust me.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:00 pm
sim5
Planet

After going through the game & chat logs i saw lorraine send crap trades again & again despite warning given to her by cyn & trace
what lorraine did was not good as she knew very well that trades which she was sending was not fair & was of no use
as in this game 2 mods were playing , after what they saw they try to stop lorraine for sending crap trades which i feel was a good gesture on their part but lorraine didnt stop she continue sending her silly trades, she was given enough warning by both mods but that also didnt work
after taking into all consideration i think banning some1 from game for sending crap trades without giving a official warning throug forum in my opinion is too harsh & incorrect
i would like trace & cyn to give her a warning through forum & if she will repeat such thing in future she should be banned

No expectations, no disappointments.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:15 pm
trace567

125733 lorraine (conn) -10540 undo 2009-05-12 12:43:32 trace678 Cheat trade in game 382868 12th May with Claubertraxx. Teaming suspected. Points reduced by 50%.

125876 ELSON (conn) -3377 undo 2009-04-08 03:47:14 trace678 Accepting cheat trade -50%

136727 sartori (conn) -10352 undo 2009-06-10 23:44:07 CYN for cheat trade with thiaguito1986 on 6/10/9

136727 sartori (conn) -8665 undo 2009-05-17 21:53:41 trace678 -50% cheat trade with bad_boy_games game 384386 17 May.

All of the above were Lorraine. Enough warnings I'd say. Especially having 2 moderators stating in game to stop the cheat trade offers or you will end up banned.

Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:15 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: NOT FIRST OFFENSE Reply with quote

Sim IF this was her first offense i would agree with you but it is not and she has been penalized before. I am leaving ban in place unless Gaz has us remove it, it will be over is less than two weeks anyway

ITS ALL GOOD