Post subject: 4 whites för 2000 , luckydice Reply with quote

4P game
Finished about 7.00 PM Sweden time

Players :

hrs
uddevalla (me)
streetboll_3
luckydice2

On about +170 luckydice block my 2nd yellow för 1700.
Then be angry and sell his black to streetboll_3 för 500.
And then sell his 4 whites to hrs för 2000 , about +160 start time.
I told both luckydice and hrs that it is a cheat trade , and I will report the game.
Player luckydice told me he want to correct his mistake by sending me a cheat trade , (1dark blue,1 purple,1 red )för 700 on +65 start time , of course I refused this trade .
I win this game , but want MODs to look för it plz.
Thanks för your time

Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:27 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there were many unusual trade offers and trades going on in that game. Not just coming from one person.

The trade involving 1 utility (black) for 500. Now I would class this as a poor trade, but not a cheat trade. As both trading parties were very low of cash, and luckydices position was risky (orange, brown, cyan all built) until either some bonuses or extractor hits.

The trade of 4 extractors for 2000 was accepted 28 seconds after the black trade. So time to of withdrawn the offer, if this had been a save trade.
It does cover base value, however as lucky owned no other sets. Hrs owned the cyans. So this was beneficial to Hrs, but I don't see how this was beneficial to lucky. 2000 cash with no income and only one yellow (other owned) would not last long with the board already part upgraded.

Luckydice then makes approx 8 further cheat trade offers to various people.

luckydice will have 50% reduction on points. Any further cheat trading will result in a ban.

hrs 50% reduction.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:03 pm
hrs111111
Planetoid

I argue that my points shouldn't be reduced here.

For one, the trade was beneficial to me which is my primary concern ( I really was not thinking about how luckydice2 would have benefited, in my sleepy mood ) . There were a lot of gray trades going on and for the moment I though luckydice2 who had around 200 at the time needed the 2k for some other trade. It may be noted that he offered the trade once, then withdrew it in a matter of seconds, and then offered it again a few seconds later. I could only presume that he offered the same trade to the other two players also. Looked like a desperate attempt by luckydice2 to raise 2k at that moment, and I fell for it. I will not take blame for this.

Secondly I tried to rectify the mistake as soon as i realized that it was a cheat trade. You can clearly see that if you observe the rest of the game.
For instance, luckdice2 auctioned a purple before leaving , which was bought by uddevalla for 330. Similarly, i did not bid on a few properties which uddevalla intended to buy so that the unfair advantage i received ( though due to no fault of my own ) would be canceled out.

And thirdly I ensured that the result of the game turned out just in the way it would most probably have been , had that trade not been made.
uddavale in 1st place, me(hrs) in 2nd and streeboll_3 in third, which was how the game seemed to be going initially. After the particular trade was made, I did not utilize the unfair advantage I recieved to turn the game in my favor. I believe uddevalla will agree with me on this.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:01 pm
lotta1980
Moon

Thanks för your time Trace...

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:53 am
judd
Planet

Nice signature hrs

Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:03 pm
trace567

I won't deny that this was not the easiest of trades to make a judgement on. But the fact is that the trade value was too low to of been beneficial to luckydice when there was 4 sets (orange, brown, cyan and black) all upgraded. He owned only one yellow which to trade to gain, in comparison with keeping the extractors would not make sense. To trade to give the yellow would make sense, and after maybe a trade on extractors for cash to buy a set would be fine.

But luckydice was affectively blocked out of the game with this trade unless he could sell yellow for a good price. UddeValla's cash was 4600 at the time of the trade, and would have been the most sensible way to trade extractors for a better value. Or a combined trade such as gaining second yellow and cash, or second yellow, 1st pink and less cash to start him off.
But there was no way this trade was helpful without achieving a second trade, which is cannot be guaranteed on. He also didn't try to btw.

When accepting a trade it is also the accepters responsibility to check that the trade is fair and beneficial to both before taking. Or to counter offer with a better trade.

As this is not as clear as some trades I would be happy if any other mods would like to give their input if they disagree.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:24 pm
judd
Planet

as always trace, you got it bang on.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:26 am
sim5
Planet

trace ur right Smile

No expectations, no disappointments.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:43 pm