Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Request to gm community
      All times are GMT  

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:03 pm
sim5
Planet

Post subject: Request to gm community Reply with quote

hello every1,

I would like to say few things which i have noticed for the last few weeks.

I am playing in gm for the last 1 year & i love to play more , i think gm is a great place to have fun & relax and to show ur skill as a good player.
For this i would like to thanks kreso for providing a great plateform for all of us.
Here we get players from different countries & of all ages . I think its a great place where we all can exchange our ideas & help each other in some form or the other.

I would like to give all my help to promote the development of this game & to make it more interesting & more competitive.
I think by this we can make a strong community among ourself which can be helpful for the development of this great game, occasionally there will be conflictsas as every1 has his own way of saying things.
I am not against any1 in gm because whatever they want to do they r free to do unless their act r designed in such a mannerto insult some1.
But i think it is possible to disagree without insulting any1 which can harm players as we have seen in the past.I think every problems can be solved if we can act in a friendly manner rather than going all out & showing our anger.

Anyway the reason for my this post is to give a messge to all community that whatever they feel & have opinion about me i dont feel bad even if they say something against me.
I have gained a lot from gm & i am very happy about it .I have made some good friends which is the biggest achievement for me & i cant ask for more than that.
For me points r not important anymore although i would like to get more points thats why we play some serious games & try to show our skills whatever we have.

I saw few remarks on me that how i got all of my points & how bad a trader i am with my stupid trades. For this i am not angry as i said every1 has his own way of expressing thoughts & feelings.
Every1 has his own stlye of playing some1 will like & other may dislike, thats beauty of this great game.
I would like to play with every1 no matter who is so if some1 feels that i am avoiding any1 for that i am sorry but i have no intention of that kind.

Here i just want to highlight few things without naming any1 which r not going in the right diretion.
For this i want all mods to give their opinion & try to resolved the problem which is getting bigger day by day.

I & ingeras r getting various bad comments of different types from time to time.Just because we r good friends few players think we r teaming in all games & they accused us many times for cheating.
To me ingeras is one the honest & a sensible player in gm and therefore such type of comment on her is a serious insult to her.

For both of us we play for fun & to win not to help each other for points.But this is not what people feel when they lose while playing with us.
Its not that we dont lose games ,i am losing so many games of late & so ingearas the problems only comes when i or ingears wins,
Few players dont like me & hence throwing their remarks by damaging my reputation as a player.
I want all mods to look into this matter & try to solve this problem as soon as they can.

At the end i would like to request every1 not to give comments about me & ingeras as it do not convey a friendly attitude.

Thanks

No expectations, no disappointments.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:22 pm
Yiles
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact of the matter is- your "style of trading" goes directly against what Bill has defined as fair play.

I have no problems with you being friends with Ing, or anybody else for that matter.

I just know know that I come here looking for friendly games, so I will decline from playing in games where I know you are a participant. Because while I said in the other thread that "I would adopt your style", I was not serious about that. I find it distasteful. Therefore, any game I would play with you, I would automatically be at a disadvantage because I won't rip people off, instead preferring to haggle and compromise. I find that you leave less burned bridges when both people are happy with trades. But to each his own.

Have a nice day

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:09 pm
judd
Planet

Prab, respect.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:25 pm
trace567

I just hope the snowballing of this problem stops.

Maybe people don't always realise that everyone here is a human with feelings too. People are not just text on a page. They are real people writing it with feelings and thoughts like everyone.

So arguments in text can still be unpleasant, despite no fists being involved if you know what I mean.
Two wrongs will never make it right.

Everyone here loves GM, and I think that is the way it MUST stay. That people don't hate GM because of others.

Of course if players do have complaints or issues that is what the complaint reporting section is for. So that moderators can look into each and every case and deal with it appropriately.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:08 pm
DavidNobre
Ex Moderator

Well i have been playing this game for 2 years, and my first game with prab was when he was just 10k, he was using sim5 and he beated me so easyly in a 5p.After this ive play him many times and lost 90% of the games, i know his style of play and i just think its brillant.In my humble opnion prab and bungoo are the best multiplayers of even.Ive also played him and ingeras for last 2 weeks, maybe 4 or 5 games, i got last or 4th in all these games and believe me, THERE IS NOTHING UNFAIR on their style of play.I dunno what is the problem of these guys who are complainin against them, maybe jealousy for their points or just very upset for lose. I really dont know, i just think peoples and players like prab shouldnot be treated like they are being,Prab is a BIGGER player of here and have all respect from me. Ty Prab for be who u are. Like u so much man. Regards David

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:56 am
ingeras
Moon

Prabi, first of all i am very happy that u did this post, the way u write it shows a lot of your great personality.

Prabi we all know that u are a great player, somebody like others no, but u are still the best player in 4/5p no matter what they saying ....
I will never forget that u are the only player i have met on GM who play all kind of players without looking at their scores and points, u never looked at they low acc and ur highest , and that say a lot about u...
I will never forget the way u taught me how to play how after every game u was telling me what mistake i did and how to play.
I have never heard from u a bad word , or an insult to anyone, never ...

Prab ty for being what u are , my teacher and a good friend.
All my respect to u.

I will not talk too much here ,u said all what i wanted to say regarding us..

I want to thank all our friends who believe in us and wich with their atitude let me change my mind and didnt let me quit this game.
David thank u for posting here, u are one of GM legend, u and sim are the best players i have ever played..
Trace (ty for everything ...my friend.....)
Judd ( ty for all ur words ... some players misunderstood u, they didnt have the time to know u as we did and to know what a great nice guy u are , we are all proud to have u as friend..)
Helen ( ty too, be always strong as i know u , never change no matter what others saying)
Lotta, Raghav Toon... and all our friends i will not say all the names to not forget a name... Thanx to all of u.

i will finish my post with few words that i said before i am saying them again.
"IT IS NOT WHO IS RIGHT, BUT WHAT IS RIGHT, THAT IS OF IMPORTANCE."

Our greatest glory is not in never falling,but in rising every time we fall...(Confucius)

Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:42 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

this game was beginning to bore me and my interest in it was fast declining but since we started playing 2x2 that has changed. i enjoy the challenge and friendship that we have found in the game. thanks sim / ing for everything.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:07 am
sim5
Planet

Thanks all of u for ur kind words

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see

No expectations, no disappointments.