Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Help and Support How can a average user ban a moderator?
      All times are GMT  

Should average users have the right to ban a moderator?
YES
64%
 64%  [ 9 ]
NO
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:25 pm
jatt
Planetoid

Post subject: How can a average user ban a moderator? Reply with quote

I would like to know how an average user could ban a moderator? Im just interested ....no intentions of making trouble with the mods.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:57 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

same way a player complains about another player they can complain about a moderator, bu i hope your complaint is valid, as attempts to defformate a moderators sharacter, will result in a ban yourself if the complaint is not valid

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:01 pm
Yiles
Moon

Bruce Lee wrote:
A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:22 pm
Magflag12
Moon

I believe that if a mod abuses his/her power or his/her actions are inappropriate I believe that every individual has the right and obligation to report said action. In doing so, the power is to the people, but the action is carried out by the other mods who are on good behavior.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:21 am
YAAAHOOOO3

just b/c they might or might not have the right wouldnt mean they have the power..... should not the correct question be if moderators should have the pwer to do so? power meaning they have the access systematically to ban someone else......

how would a regular player have this access? if this power to ban is given to one regular player how can it be decided which regular player to give this power to if not all of them?

a regular player would not so much be a regular player anymore with such moderator powers

there should be a certain level of understanding a moderator wouldnt do something deserving a ban.... its like a president.... someone in power normally does the right thing..... in this situation if on the rare case a moderator messes up then all the other moderators can make the decision as they have the power not regular players

Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:48 am
jatt
Planetoid

Yahooooo I believe the Moderator is like a president so why don't we have annual elections like every year just like a Presidential electioN. I currently believe this game is runned by some sort of mod dictatorship rather than any kind of democracy i know around the world. When would we be repacingmob- dictators, who to me don't seem any different than Adoff Hitler.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:59 am
MrCrabbs

Sigh. Hitler was elected.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:04 am
Yiles
Moon

Now he's comparing the mods to Adolf Hitler?

He's got to be like 11 years old

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:07 am
Yiles
Moon

And I'm willing to bet that Jatt is "stuffing the ballot box" in this stupid poll by voting himself multiple times-

This has to be enough to end this madness, yes?

Bruce Lee wrote:

Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:57 am
MrCrabbs

LOL what's the poll at? I am not voting due to the question being stupid so I can't see.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:09 am
Yiles
Moon

4 yea and 4 nay

There is NO WAY that this is legit

Bruce Lee wrote:

Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:36 am
YAAAHOOOO3

the poll outcome might be ligit......
i think i accidently voted yes before i thought through w/my reply b/c im the most liberal idea minded person or something the way my thinking is that would say sure.... mostly maybe b/c i maybe tend to be way to easy going to the point of pushoverness n pill

good thing im not a mod b/c then anything would go... complete anarchy

Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:03 am
Magflag12
Moon

I posted yea by the way (rhyme not intended).

Keep in mind though that the only reason I voted yea is because technically, if any power is abusive, it CAN be overrun. I do not feel that Bill is abusive and therefore people can overrun him. However, if all the people felt that the mods were evil dictators they can and will lead a revolution. Every country has its revolutions... Cuba, Britain, France, Etc etc.

So in a round-about way, in this current system, if a mod is abusive the people have the right and ability to "ban"/remove mods by
1. Overrunning the modship by whatever means possible
2. Reporting the particular mod as abusive to the other operating mods to dispose of (I.E. Judd)
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:00 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: players dont have powers to ban Reply with quote

i believe what jatt wants is for a player to have the power to ban. this i believe will never happen. HOWEVER, a player that has shown commitment to GM and has not caused issues or been banned themself can become a MOD.
If a MOD does something that is not right in your opinion then it needs to be reported and it will be looked at by the other mods. BUT as bill said you need to be sure of an accusation before you make it as disrespecting a mod is a violation. and just so you know altho you may object to how a mod penalizes someone that is not a valid reason to ban the mod.

ITS ALL GOOD

Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:12 am
Magflag12
Moon

Yeah I see what your saying.

I do not feel that a player should have the ABILITY to go into the moderator system and specifically place a ban on another player or mod.

However, if you look at democracy you see that in all reality all the decisions are made by the individual common folks. Of course they do not have the ability to go in and change a law themselves, but by electing officials they get the choice.

I do realize that this is not exactly a democracy, but bill has made it clear that Mods are held to a much higher standard than a normal player is, and he has also said that any player has the right to voice his opinion so long as its respectful. Those two things are giving power to the individual common people, because if a mod does not live up to said standard they have the right to have that mod removed/banned, and in that right is the power to do so. The obviously don't have the power to place the ban physically themselves on the system. Also, because they have the right to voice said opinion, you can assume that if all the common people agree that one mod is abusive or whatever, then they have the power as a group to remove that mod by leading a civil revolt.

There of course is not really an example, that i know of, of the latter case happening in GM. No mod has ever been despised so much, to my knowledge, that the players took action against him and removed him. But pretend one day one mod became abusive and tyrannical and the other mods did nothing or were in on it, the average player can actually overthrow those mods by doing 1 of 3 things. 1. Lead an organized strike on GM by leaving the game until the mods stepped down or changed. 2. Lead an organized strike by contacting Kreso through email (by more than 5 people) and posting evidence of the abuse so taht Kreso can deal with it or 3. They can organize a strike by disregarding all decisions made by abusive mod and persistantly overriding any action made against them.

I am not condoning anyone to do those things, because this modship is far far from tyrannical. I am just letting you know that there is power in numbers and if enough are in on it anything can get overthrown. The only time a revolution really ever works is if A MASS MASS majority feel that it is essential and pivotal to force change. (I.E. France, Cuba, etc, etc.