Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Entertainment Discussions Heavenly Music
      All times are GMT  

Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:32 am
Yiles
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

toonz wrote:
class...ical... music? What da heck iz dat?

Lemme guess.

You don't like classical music, right?

I'll go further and assume you are a country music fan Rolling Eyes

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:13 pm
FalconPunch
Moon

A list with Beethoven in first isn't anti-climatic, he INVENTED drama and climaxes.

A list with Bach in first is just as feasible, as he pushed the limits of melody and harmony in polyphony. After Baroque ended with his death, in a way music actually regressed to melody and chords. Polyphony pushes the limits of human intelligence to be able to understand, and stimulates creative thought. Independent similtaneous melodies breed independent similtaneous thoughts of divergency.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:58 am
Yiles
Moon

Interesting

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”

Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:37 am
toonz
Ex Moderator

areu kidding? I love all types of music... sans most country.

Tho the only "classical" crap ive heard are the popular "in the hall of the mountain king" if that counts, along with uhh "morning" also from peer gynt.

Oh and the instrumental of "imaginary places" by bus driver... forget the name of it.

I dont think requiem for a dream counts tho....

but i like the DNB, techno, house, electrofunk side of "heavenly music"

along with rap and hip hop, and RNB ofcourse... u kno, da old skool hood stuff! Razz infact, love da new stuff 2.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:51 am
Yiles
Moon

I can guarantee that there is NO ONE on this board that knows more about great old school rap, soul, or R&B than me- but yet I chose to start a "classical music" thread. It's because I love pretty much any music with a voice. But I figured that the classical thread would expose me to some great stuff that I haven't heard before- and it has. For some reason, I just can't get into country though- except for the couple of artists I've named before...

Bruce Lee wrote:

Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:53 am
Yiles
Moon

And toonz-

If that's the only classical music that you've heard before, then you are in the right place. There are some great songs being presented if you give them a chance and appreciate them

Bruce Lee wrote:

Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:38 am
MrCrabbs

Thanks to everyone who posted music they are fond of in this thread, I'm working my way through it and enjoying the journey.

I am so ignorant of classical music but I saw a review of the Venezuelan Youth Orchestra on TV and it made a real mark on me. It is said to be the best youth orchestra in the world and the conductor Gustavo Dudamel has been hailed by some as the saviour of classical music. Statements like that are alwys contentious but one thing is certain, his hair bobbing about adds to the pleasure of the show. The music is performed with real passion. I wanted to share some of it:

Enjoy

Enjoy

The London finale.

The information is ambiguous - for anyone interested it is possible that I have given links to two different orchestras, one under 20 one under 27, but both with the same conductor.

I will dedicate this to Maggy, Pally and Yiles who got the ball rolling with these music threads.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:24 pm
Yiles
Moon

Wow, they sound AMAZING.

I think I may have seen something on 60 Minutes about them before

Well done Crabbs

Bruce Lee wrote:

Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:47 am
ingeras
Moon

That s not classical music but i wanted to post them just for fun maybe u will like
Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLJi8VQTLMU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls3q1E5ZE6k

Our greatest glory is not in never falling,but in rising every time we fall...(Confucius)

Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:52 pm
lotta1980
Moon

Elvis listen to this may you remember Karl Heinz Rummenigge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHo7_gMmIKU&feature=related

Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:02 pm
lotta1980
Moon

Elvis :
listen , watch , open ur mind for this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWpAOpDMWYs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQk_gz7FwnA&feature=related
This video let me cry on real
Elvis : as you are proff of music here , Whats ur opinion about her voice för this hard sång.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:26 pm
Yiles
Moon

lotta1980 wrote:
Elvis : as you are proff of music here , Whats ur opinion about her voice för this hard sång.

LOL

I think that she does that song well, but we'll soon see how she does with other songs. I also think she needs to work on her stage presence if she wants to win that competition

Bruce Lee wrote:

Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:32 pm
lotta1980
Moon

Again I will tell you Elvis , good singer not only good voice , but good singer must be full of feelings & susceptibility , and here what I watch.

För the third time watching this and still crying specially on the 2nd link I sent on 2:20 start time bcz on that time you will watch alla who were fun fråm Suzana be surprized fråm this great voice.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:29 am
Yiles
Moon

Here's an example of why the American automobile industry is getting destroyed by the Japanese

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHJlBcLXMO8

Bruce Lee wrote:

Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:36 am
Yiles
Moon

I always liked this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Red3R17FlUQ

Bruce Lee wrote: