Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions 5times points rule for finding games needs adjusting
      All times are GMT  

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:18 pm
efrasier
Asteroid

Post subject: 5times points rule for finding games needs adjusting Reply with quote

I am normally ok with a 5 times the score rule, but for higher points players there should be a 15000 point limit option. I am sur ethat I am not the only player on here who gets tired of trying to get a 4/5 and get stuck with 3 6000 points players when i am around 30000. They all team up to take you out and I can't blame them for it. If their was a 15000 point option for over 25000, it would mkae sure that you could at least play with players above 10k. This would lower the teaming and eliminate playing with garbage players when your trying to find a legit game.

If their was a 15k option that could be turned on and off. It would allow you to play like we do now or to adjust and only play against those within 15k of our score.

Please post any suggestions or comments!

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:36 pm
MrCrabbs

Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's quite a good solution. Because so far the points has been down to 3x and up as far as 7x, but always it created problems for some players while solving it for others. This solution might solve a problem without creating too many negative side effects.

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:47 pm
Magflag12
Moon

I am not sure I like it. Firstly, dont play 5ps with 6k people when your 30k. Not a good idea.

Secondly, I think a better option would be to be able to choose who you play with somehow. It eliminates the problem of getting low points on the screen.

Thirdly, the line for a 'high point' player is too low in your case. I think it should be 45k+ at least who would get such an option.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:27 am
efrasier
Asteroid

Post subject: line Reply with quote

I just think that the line should be put in place to prevent you from having to win a 5p just to gain some points. Most players under 1ok have very little to lose and when your trying to get a big game its can be hard, expecially if you have several bigger players online. You think that they are in and then all of a sudden your playing with a bunch of 5kers. This can help quite a bit.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:26 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

frasier
there have been times that you have joined games with high pointers when you havent havent many points

........grin and bear it....its part of the game

Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:20 pm
efrasier
Asteroid

Post subject: grin and bear it? Reply with quote

IF we can make a fix for it, i think that it would be beneficial for everyone why not try it?

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:05 pm
Magflag12
Moon

The problem is that it would not be really beneficial to everyone in the long run.

Seperating the gap between high points and low points is not really beneficial for anyone, for then the point mobility factor is lessened, which discourages lower point players, and then it also makes the high pointers more likely to just sit on their points like big fat cats.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.