Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions reducing the time for one's playing
      All times are GMT  

Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:25 pm
dajjal
Planetoid

Post subject: reducing the time for one's playing Reply with quote

My proposal is linked to time wasting... I think the time one has to play should be DRAMATICALLY cut - 3 or even 5 times... cos there are "getting-on-nerves" players who, if loosing the game, begin slow it on purpose.

Last edited by dajjal on Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:30 pm
dajjal
Planetoid

Post subject: Reply with quote

.... probably mostly because of hope their oponent, getting frustrated, would give up Twisted Evil

Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:02 pm
MrCrabbs

There are times when the extra time is useful though - when the server is dcing, when players are trading, for loo breaks and so on.

I would say though that with the generous time allowance we have, mods must enforce time-wasting rules (although players should also be patient and not accuse innocent players of time wasting).

I make the point about the need to enforce time wasting rules in this thread:

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3271

, but it seeems Bill has not been able to respond yet.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:08 pm
Magflag12
Moon

I understand how annoying time wasters are, but you need to understand that the reason you have playing time is to protect your points against DCs and emergencies. I believe that blatant time-wasting should be punishable, but it will be hard to enforce since its so hard to prove they weren't just DCed or they needed to do something important.

You should have been around when the cap on the playing time you got was 500 seconds. THAT got REALLY annoying when players left for 9 minutes to waste time.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:14 pm
MrCrabbs

Magflag12 wrote:
I believe that blatant time-wasting should be punishable, but it will be hard to enforce since its so hard to prove they weren't just DCed or they needed to do something important.

I am not saying punish where it is ambiguous whether time wasting has ocurred. There is no need to refer to the potential problems of a long-standing policy we have seen working in action. Rather, a return that good old policy is what is needed.