Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Community Thread ***Building Community***
      All times are GMT  

Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:35 pm
Magflag12
Moon

Post subject: Community Thread ***Building Community*** Reply with quote

I would like to start building up community... I do not mean to be cheesy I promise I am not sucking up and/or trying to be corny and all that jazz. Please take this for what it is.

I am making this thread to instill some positive vibes in the forums and games. This thread is for players to compliment other players who they feel deserve some credit. I know some of get on each others nerves (i.e. Crabbs hates me Smile) but we all have good qualities and I believe that all players deserve some positive feedback.

I will eventually say something to every active player, but for now I will just say a few. Feel free to compliment any amount or any particular player in any fashion you like rather it be long post or brief. Please not that if any of you start bashing player IN ANY WAY ( I MEAN IN ANY WAY) on this thread I will hunt you down and shoot you with my .45. I am not even kidding, I will literally kill you. Not a threat... a promise.

Here are mine so far Smile, all of these are sincere and I am not just pulling them from my butt. I am also not listing this in any order of importance at all... only as players come to mind

Trace- You are the most humble mod in GM history (from what I have seen) and you have been doing a terrific job with dealing with people. I think that you should be held as the greatest model for a mod and not only mods should take after you in regards to attitude and how to deal with people, but also all other players. I believe trace should get best mod ever award.

Bill2k- You and I have kind of known each other for a long time and you are the player who has the most consistent dedication over the years I have seen. Almost every time I have gone off and on the game you have been there running around trying to do the best for the game. If everyone was as dedicated as you, this community would be thriving. I vote Bill gets most dedicated as an award

Palabra- I have to consider you my top 3 friends of all time, you are a great influence on my in real life. (sorry for the soap opera guys) You have shown a much needed enthusiasm for the game, and it has gotten me and others motivated to liven things up around here. I vote palabra to be rewarded most spirited player.

Crabbs- You and I have had our little arguments, and for me it was all in fun and intellectual entertainment. You are clearly smarter than I and more educated, and debating/arguing with you is challenging me and making me more aware of different perspectives. I know this is corny and you may think its not sincere but it is, BUT, because of you my mind has opened 10 fold in way you probably will never understand. I know that this is the last thing you would ever want, but because of you my faith in God has improved 2x over and my attitude about religion v.s. logic has changed a lot. I now think religion is not more important than logic and that logic is seperate from faith. Because of that my relationship with my real/imaginary God has been made better. What I do want you to understand and take pride in, is that because of you I believe that my mind has opened and what is more is that I am a better person even if considered outside the religious/Jesus context. I am very fond of you (entirely heterosexually) and hope that you do not resent me or think badly of my faith/views. I vote that crabbs gets the Social Change award (for me at least)

Yaahooo- Don't know you much, but you are an excited player. You are kind of like palabra in your enthusiasm, but your attitude is a bit more cheery, and your competitive yet playful nature has encouraged players to take the game a bit more lightly, but still enjoy a bit of fun friendly competition. I hope that all other players take your enthuasism and attitude towards competition to heart, because if they do this game will improve 10 fold. I vote that Yaahooo get the best attitude award.

Judd- Despite your little feud with Crabbs you have always been a good mod and I learned from you a lot. You are good at dealing with people and accepting reality for what it is. I am impressed that you are insistant on coming back despite your heavy hit, and I hope that all players take on this attitude. I remember you were quick to give me advice and I know you improved Palabra's game by 'training' him and giving him advice. You also were quick to give me advice on modship which I have benefitted greatly from (although I haven't always followed your advice). I vote that Judd get the Wisdom Sharer award AND the persistence award.

Eclectico- I don't know you very well, but from the times you have talked to me you have been able to calm me down from certain situations (i.e. feuds with crabbs Smile) You are a good player and the one time I beat you, I got lucky. In my feuds with other players and with feuds I have seen, I have actually seen you in the middle trying to mediate the conflict and trying to get players to come to a resolution. I think this is needed especially in times like these that have so much soap opera drama. I vote that eclectico get the wise mediator award.

CYN- I remember you from way back and you were always a good player. I haven't been on with you a lot as a mod, but you have held me back when I was about to pounce on people and slaughter them. I think that your decisions have been 100% rational and your input come from clear thinking and rational thought. That is the epitome of logic and fair judgement, and it is one of the most needed qualities of a PERSON in LIFE. I vote that CYN gets the clear-thinker/rational person award

Sim- I hardly know you, but I have played you and I have yet to win. You may not remember, but I have. From what I have seen you are the most competitive person in the game. You seem anxious to get the ladder up in running, and I think that is evidence that you want to compete. I think that even in a community like this that is extremely important (competitiveness) because we forget sometimes that we are in a game to play and to play to win. You have never whined about losses for hours (from what I have seen) and you are anxious to beat any player who challenges your skill. I vote that Sim gets the most competitive award,

David- I know you aren't as active because of connection reasons or whatever, but your activity in the past has encouraged non-english speaking players to stick around and you have created a community for them. That is the most wonderful thing I have ever seen, because you have no obligation to go the extra mile for Gm, and this shows your passion, dedication, and good-intentioned will for this game. I hope that all bilingual players take from David this idea, and I also hope that all players work hard at becoming the best at this game as David is most likely to be (with a 300k+ rating!!!!). If we do this this game will not only have diversity, but also be competitive and real again! I vote David gets the Innovative Diversity Change award, and he also get the best player of the game award. It clearly takes skill to get 300k+ account and other accounts that are 100k+

Helen- I know we had our fights. I am so so sorry for the way I handled the situation. I don't believe I was cheating on that particular case, BUT I KNOW that I did not handle that situation right nor did I handle the other little feud right. I should be punished, and I am sorry that I haven't been. I beg you to come back soon and lets put this all behind us. Helen, I remember you from the past and you have been active throughout time and you have been dedicated to keeping this game fair and fun for everyone. I salute you for that, and I want you to know that I do not have any hard feelings and if/when you come back I will never treat you like I did before. I hope you come back because you are a great influence on incoming players and old players alike. I vote that Helen gets the 'baby come back' award. (reference to a song popular in the U.S.... google it.)Smile

thats all I got for now, but as other players come to mind, and I get to know each person on a more personal level I will update all of these adn addothers that move me to.

Please take this seriously Smile. remember I am a Texan so I do have a gun and know how to use it and WILL GLADLY use it if any of you start bashing people in any way.

Have a great day.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:30 pm
MrCrabbs

Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I could cry with embarrased joy.

Magflag12 wrote:
Crabbs hates me Smile

You are certainly wrong Mr. Green

Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:11 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

well.
i get most dedicated????
hmm

kind of thanks ,

kind of hmmmm

i thought maybe , most widely respected might have been my tag ??

thanks for the topic though/

Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:42 pm
palabra
Ex Moderator

good thread

trace- you are an amazing person, mod and always fun to play, even though you have started to win all the time lately :p

bill- this game would be nothing without you, and that is final. i do indeed respect you the most Very Happy you are always doing something for the game, planning something for the future, or making sure that things are running smoothly. thank you.

judd- i always enjoy talking with you, and i really appreciate your help when i first started as a mod. i will probably be coming to you for advice in the future as well

magflag- even though you are way too long-winded, you are one of my best friends, i respect you for your genuineness, your commitments to what is truly important, and you are one of the most dependable people in my life- i always look up to you as an outstanding example for me

crabby- thank you for playing this game. you are always fun to play and talk with, and you are a strong promoter for the community. i appreciate your commitment to make sure the game is the best it can be

david, sim, eclectico, jarod, popov, bill, helen, fort, mpaddict, dante, toon, crabby, and all the other greats i am forgetting off of the top of my head- thank you for making this game so competitive

Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:25 pm
Magflag12
Moon

Bill I do agree you are most widely respected. But I think that you get that because you are the most dedicated throughout history. You have been around a long time, you have made a name for yourself by sticking around when times were slow and being a good player. Kreso gave you your authority in the past, I think, because he saw your dedication.

Being widely respected is an awesome quality, but in my opinion I would rather have the quality of dedication like you than have the amount of respect you get. dedication produces respect, in my opinion.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:20 pm
Yiles
Moon

where is Magflag?

Bruce Lee wrote:
“When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity...l do not hit...it hits all by itself”