Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Announcements, Maintenance and Tournaments *** OFFICIAL LADDER RULES AND INFORMATION *** VERSION 1.0
      All times are GMT  

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:57 pm
Magflag12
Moon

Post subject: *** OFFICIAL LADDER RULES AND INFORMATION *** VERSION 1.0 Reply with quote

*Bill or Trace or whoever, if you could sticky this that would be great.*

Ok now I have recently been getting a lot of inquiry on the details of the Open Ladder 2p tournament stuff. I am going to write a list of rules out and explain fully what will happen. I have tried to simplify it as much as possible. Keep in mind that though it SEEMS complicated, once you understand the basics it gets easy and you just have to memorize a few minor details to fully appreciate it. I will have a table of contents for you all so you can browse more efficiently through the different rules and information as you please.

1. Introduction

Please understand what this is. You can compare it to a NBA (national basketball league) or Football (soccer) league. Before the playoffs there is what is called a 'season'. The teams play each other and it is only the top teams that move on to the playoffs. This is similar. This is essentially a 2 Month Season and will end with a 'playoff' sort of event. The reason it is called an 'open ladder' is because players compete for high 'rung' positions. The higher you are up on the ladder the better.

[b]2. Registration

See ... for details on how to fill out a registration. Please continue to register on that thread. As a player registers he will be put on the bottum of the ladder. Meaning, he will be in last place until he challenges players for higher positions.

2.1 Registration Deadlines
Fortunately, because the season is rather lengthy players are allowed to register late. However, a player MUST register within ONE MONTH after the ladder has began. After that, no registrations will be taken in.

[b]2.2 Multiple Ladder Registration

As of now, there will be Three different ladders to register to. For any ladder, you MUST meet the minimum requirement for the ladder at the time of your registration for it. If for some reason during the season (after registration) your account falls below the minimum you will NOT be removed from the ladder, but you will still pay the fee for the ladder entry. A player is allowed to sign up for TWO different ladders, but they must be two different accounts that both meet the requirements of their respective ladder. When registering, indicate which accounts belong to which ladder.

The ladders are:

Ladder 1(Beginner): 15k+ Points MINIMUM with a MAXIMUM of 44,999. The entry fee for this ladder will be 5k

Ladder 2(Advanced): 45k+ Points MINIMUM with a MAXIMUM of 74,999. The entry fee for this ladder will be 15k

Ladder 3 (Expert): 75k+ Points MINIMUM with a MAXIMUM of 224,999.
The entry fee for this ladder will be 25.

You may register for 2 ladders at a time with 2 different accounts. Keep in mind that IF you decide to register for 2 ladders you are equally required to be active in both of them.

3.0 Ladder Setup

The ladder will be structured in a very organized fashion. It will tell you who is in first, what a particular player's record is, if they have been challenged, if they have accepted a challenge, when the date/time of their match is, and maybe more. The ladder will be posted on a STICKY thread on the ANNOUNCEMENT section for players to view at their leisure. It will be updated daily and will be updated be either Palabra or Magflag12.

3.1 Ladder Example

*This ladder only has 3 players, whereas other ladders will have 8+ most likely

Beginner Ladder Season 1

Rung#: Player Name RECORD Status

Rung#: 1 BillyBOB (3-0) Match with r.3 03/15 3:15 GMT
Rung#: 2 Poop (2-2) Challenging
Rung#: 3 Cracker (1-4) Match with r.1 03/15 3:15 GMT

That is a rough example of what it will look like so you can begin to visualize.

4.0 Challenging/Accepting Challenges

Players in the ladder are REQUIRED to play matches. You are allowed to decline a match if you have obligations and no other times can be negogiated. But if neither player decides on a date/time to play with in 4 days, BOTH will receive a forfeit, and will be moved down one spot on the ladder. The reason for this is because we need efficiency in the ladder so that games are being played and the mobility of the ladder is quick rather than slow.

4.1 When to challenge/not challenge

To challenge a player you must choose a player whom is WITH IN 2 rungs of you. For example, rung# 8 cannot challenge rung# 1, but he can challenge r.6 or r.7.

A player cannot challenge a player who is under "challenging" status. "Challenging status" means a player has recently BEEN CHALLENGED and PLAYED the game and won or lost. After a player has been challenged one time and has played the game they are guranteed a chance to challenge someone so that they may move up on the ladder. The reason for challenging status is so that players are not constantly being challenged and having no chance to move up.

A player cannot challenge any players IF their status is in "defensive". You may be put into defensive mode if you lose a game because of a forfeit, OR you had, in the previous game you played, been the challenger. You will only stay in defensive status until you have played one game with a challenger (a player who is in challenging position), OR if you have been in 'defensive' status for three days consecutively without being challenged (whichever comes first). The reason for this is so that players are not constantly challenging without ever having a risk of moving down.
*NOTE:* If you are removed from defensive status because THREE days has passed you will be moved straight to challenging status

When the tournament FIRST begins all players will be at 'nuetral' status, and it will be a first come first serve concept; whoever challenges first will be put on challenging status, whoever gets challenged first gets put on defensive status (of course the status will be flipped once the respective games are played).
*NOTE:* If a player who has been challenged LOSES the game he plays, he is not allowed to challenge that same player for 36 hours. The reason for this is so that the same two players aren't constantly going back and forth.

4.2 How to challenge

To challenge a player you must send a PM to Magflag12 on the forum stating this and holding this form (just copy and paste the below form:)

I hereby would like to issue a rung position challenge to: [Player Name]
I know that this match must be played with in 4 days or else both players will receive forfeit losses. I will be flexible for my opponent

My best date and times to play are:
[Day and Time of Day]

[Your Name]

Once you send the challenge the player you are challenging will receive the challenge with in 24 hours. AS SOON AS the challenge is sent from the mediator (Magflag12) the time limit of 4 days begins. The person being challenged has 36 hours to respond to the challenge before he receives a forfeit loss (unless he has put in for leave).

4.3 How to Respond to a Challenge

Once a player has received a challenge he/she has 36 hours to respond. His response must follow this form.

I accept the challenge from [challenger name] and offer the following dates/times to play:
[date 1 time 1]
[date 1 time 2]
[date 2 time 1]
[date 2 time 2]

After you send this form to magflag12, then I will forward the form on to the challenger where he/she will have 36 to reply. If the challenger cannot meet at any of the times givin by the challenged than the match will be cancelled and both players will return to their beginning statuses. In this case, the players in the match will be required to send a Match Cancellation Form.

4.4 How to Cancel a Match

You may cancel a match if both players cannot agree to a time OR if one of the players has a situation that comes up. Please follow this form when sending a Request to Cancel a match.

Please cancel the match between [account name] and [account name 2]. We have been unable to agree on a time and we have agreed to cancel the match for now.

OR

Please cancel any matches that I am in for I have a situation that needs handling.
Reason for leave of absence:

If the reason for the leave of absence is personal you can just put 'personal' otherwise try to leave a detailed reason so that we know that the ladder is fair and efficient.

5.0 Match Day

On match day, the two players who are competing must be honest and fair. They must compete in a 'unrated' game. I will not be monitering to make sure that the games are unrated, but if I start hearing complaints about players losing too much points in the ladder I will begin to moniter and punish heavily. You are welcome to play warm up matches or whatever, BUT the game that is played on the date and time allotted by the challenger and challengee MUST consider it the OFFICIAL match game.

5.1 Disconnections

In the case of disconnections, an automatic loss will almost ALWAYS be issued UNLESS the disconnection occurs prior to 10 rolls in the game. If the game is 10+ rolls then it is up to the discretion of the two players on what they want to do. If both players want to play again, they may do so as long as the game is played immediately following the disconnection. BUT if one player does not want to play the game again then the player who disconnected receives a loss and the other player receives a win. I know this sounds unfortunate, but we cannot risk players 'disconnecting' from a game that they have lost or are losing to prevent losing a match.

5.2 Foul Play

If a player is suspected of playing unfairly somehow or uses unsportsman-like conduct then the case will be reviewed. If the player gets convicted of a foul play he/she risks being removed from the tournament OR being moved to the bottum of the ladder, AND perhaps even being banned from the game. No foul plays will be tolerated.

If you suspect a player of Foul Play (whether it is unsportsmanship or cheating somehow) please PM magflag12 the case and the issue and I will review it promptly.

5.3 Win/Loss Reports

Immediately after the match is over both players are required to report a loss/win. I could check the logs for the win, but that would be too time consuming, so I have made this a requirement to make it simpler.

If you lose simply send a PM to Magflag12 saying:
I have lost a match against [player name] on [Date and Time]

If you win simply send a pm to Magflag12 saying:
I have won a match against [player name[ on [date and time]

If I receive messages that are contradictory and I have to check who ACTUALLY won the match I will remove any player who lied to me with out question. I hope that all players in the ladder can be trusted, if not you will be removed instantly.

6.0 End of Season Playoff

At the end of the season (two months) the top players in the ladder will play in a multiplayer game to see who gets the points. How may players play in the match will depend on the ladder size. We will follow this format

Ladder Size = Multiplayer size
6-8= Top 3 players
9-12= Top 4 players
13-19= Top 5 Players
20+= TBA (To be Announced)

The points distrubuted to the players will be based on this scale

Ladder Size = Distubution of points
6-12= 1st place 50%, 2nd place 30%, 3rd place 20%
13-20= 1st Place 40%, 2nd place 30%, 3rd place 20%, 4th place 10%
21+= TBA

There will be a BONUS added to the tournament. Here are the following bonuses

Top 3 rung positions at the end of the season:
1st= 4k, 8k, 12k (Based off ladder level (Beginner Advanced or Expert))
2nd= 2k, 4k, 8k
3rd= 1k, 2k, 4k

Best Record (I.E 13-2)= 3k,6k,9k

Most matches played= 1k,2k,4k

Best Sport (voted for at the end of the season)= 1k,2k,4k

Those are all bonus points that are made to encourage activity in the ladder and reward players who try hard and have a good attitude.

***This is all I have for now, BUT if you have any questions after this or any comments/suggestions about how things are being run please leave them and I will be updating the ladder rules to best fit your opinions.

Note: This is the Official Ladder Rules and Infomation VERSION 1.0 so it is not final. I will be updating them up until the day the ladder begins. Any inquiries or questions in regards to the ladder rules will surely speed the perfecting of the rules up drastically.

Thank you all!***

Version 1.0
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:02 pm
Magflag12
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

It is officially updated now, please leave any questions you have here and I will answer them
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:16 pm
MrCrabbs

Christ on a bike!

Magflag - boil, reduce, and serve the refined sauce.

No wonder you been taking so long about putting the rules up. If you read to the end do you win?

Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:22 pm
Magflag12
Moon

You dont have to read the whole thing at once really...

Just sign up and then read each sections as the situation comes up.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:01 pm
judd
Planet

Superb Magflag,
Wishing you all the best.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:57 pm
MrCrabbs

Yeah ok learning as we go sounds good.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:47 pm
palabra
Ex Moderator

I think we all now have a clear set of regulations to go by.

good work maggy