Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Scheduling 4 and 5p Games FOR ALL PLAYERS
      All times are GMT  

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:25 pm
Magflag12
Moon

Post subject: Scheduling 4 and 5p Games FOR ALL PLAYERS Reply with quote

Now I dont have a lot of points, but I had an idea.

This thread is for people who have big or small point accounts and want to play 4,or5p games but can't find people to play with that have similar points. This will especially be helpful for players who have quite a few points, but can never seem to find people with their point range.

To plan a game just give a date and time with a point range required and then list anything else you might want to.

Here is my plan for anyone who wants to play.

Game Type: 5p
Date and Time: Saturday March 14 at 1700 GMT(5:00PM GMT)
Point Range: 15k-30k
BE THERE OR BE SQUARE
If you AINT got the points you AINT playing on game day.
If you have more than 30k and are just desperate to play.... Sigh... ok I guess I will let you Smile

Anyone who wants to play in that game just say you'll be there. First come first serve on game day.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:54 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: planning a game Reply with quote

i have tried this with others in the past and it doesnt really work. Limiting it to players with that close of scores doesnt work as the computer matches up whomever is in first that is within five times someones points. its a risk you take when others are signed in. Just like the larger pointed players wont play me on a medium account they want me to "go high" even tho im within five times their points. The computer being set at 5 times points is the way it is (although i think 3 times points would be more reasonable)

ITS ALL GOOD

Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:14 pm
MrCrabbs

Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are playing on a decent account, I would recommend not bothering with 4/5p. Under the current rules it is a lottery.

Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:15 am
judd
Planet

MrCrabbs wrote:
If you are playing on a decent account, I would recommend not bothering with 4/5p. Under the current rules it is a lottery.

I experienced this by playing a decent points 4 player game, but it came to the point where where there was one of 2 players going out first.

What happened was indeed interesting and compounded my expectations from the start.

Let me explain, when people play each other (during the majority of the night in 2p most of the time, they become friends) they have a tendency to want to help each other if it is more than 2 players in a game, this is fact not opinion (i dont intend to turn this into a psychology thread). You build up a loyalty and friendship which is human nature. However, in the game im talking about, I was the victim of friendship and human nature, and some one bought items off some one who was clearly going out for just enough to see them pass go.

Hence i blew my lid BIG TIME.

To tell the truth, I achieved every thing i intended to here ( I achieve everything i set my mind to and any one who would like to get the strong mentality speak to helen, she is the strongest woman I know other than me mum! or wait till im back Cool ) this follows a pattern of my life. Come join the future Razz

3 weeks and counting....... What will be my new accounts????? You'll know when you get beat with style. I've got loads of ideas for new names, all of which are cool, but im not sure if I should kill judd off......

Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:52 am
MrCrabbs

judd wrote:
I've got loads of ideas for new names, all of which are cool, but im not sure if I should kill judd off......

Shall we have a poll? Hanging vs tall building?

Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:24 am
judd
Planet

you obviously are too simple to read the post and take it on board. but thats cool, there are may thick people out there, just join the club crabbs.

Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:33 am
MrCrabbs

I reckon you'd prefer a tall building. You're just not the type to go out quietly and in privacy - you'd rather cause a public mess for others to clean up.

Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:34 am
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: STOP IT Reply with quote

PLEASE STOP THIS BACK AND FORTH BETWEEN THE TWO OF YOU IN THE FORUM

ITS ALL GOOD

Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:49 am
Fort
Planet

judd wrote:

Let me explain, when people play each other (during the majority of the night in 2p most of the time, they become friends) they have a tendency to want to help each other if it is more than 2 players in a game, this is fact not opinion (i dont intend to turn this into a psychology thread). You build up a loyalty and friendship which is human nature.

May be it was your opinion, but as most of players know me here, I have played atleast 5 times more 4/5 P games than 2P games. And i have to say I have never came across such feeling. Most of the high point and senior players compete against each other instead of helping others.