Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Definition of unfair trade and other offences in game
      All times are GMT  

Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:49 am
trace567

Post subject: Definition of unfair trade and other offences in game Reply with quote

Here are a couple of posts by kreso and Fort explaining the definition of cheat trades.

This one is by Fort (previous moderator) http://galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1561 Can be found as a sticky at the top of General discussion area.

This one by kreso http://galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=80 (first post in this thread) Can be found at the top of this board.

As there seems to have been recent confusion around what is and is not a cheat trade, maybe reading the above will help define this.

Now if any players have any questions regarding these rules once they have read them, please post below.

THIS IS NOT A THREAD FOR ARGUING OR DEBATING THE CURRENT GUIDELINES

I have created this thread for players to ask questions if they do NOT understand the above information.

If this thread is turned into a debate thread, I will lock it immediately. This is not the place for it.

This is also just a temporary thread by me, in a hope to resolve some of the recent signs of conflict between players on the rules of trading.

Thank you.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:51 am
fingerbun
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

God, how many times does this need to be explained to people? And it's the same old players who cant seem to grasp a simple concept. I wouldn't bother if i were you Trace.

Just make your judgment and leave it at that. If players want to argue, tell them to go moan to an air-conditioner. They might get a chance to hear how they sound.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:11 am
MrCrabbs

Just put this in the same thread as Kreso's rules, which is made sticky to the very top of the cheat trade section, and cut out all the manga and other spam in that thread, please.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:27 am
ElvisHasEntered
Planetoid

Quote:
4.Note that there is also a rule against non-trading in 3p+ games. If someone is offering you a fair trade which is beneficial for you, and you actually have no better options, and you keep refusing the trade, then this is classified as 'uncooperative playing' intended to hurt the other player (instead of looking to advance your position in the game) and it is cheating also.

This rule right here would have cleared up my "greens situation" in a second. If you read this rule the way I do, it was actually Asianrocks and the other players who "froze me out" that was the original cheat. He actually admitted to doing this in the original complaint thread. This just justifies what I and Crabbs have been saying all along, Bill.[/quote]

Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:14 pm
Fort
Planet

I have not seen your disputed thread, so taking it at face value, I would say it might need reconsideration. At the same time, ONE and ONLY time this rule was enforced was when i had made a appeal to kreso for review of one of my game. That was indeed a precedent set by him. However this rule got hell of opposition from the quite a chunk of gaming community and most of the mods are reluctant to use it, understandably though.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:49 pm
trace567

Quote:
The key is the part: "you actually have no better options" because there might be some good strategy you are pursuing that is in conflict with trading at this moment.

Elvis the above statement in forts original post maybe be the key here.

Right now I am only speaking from memory of the thread you are talking about. Not from looking at the game logs. I believe if I'm right you came of of the game first. If I'm right I think this is why this rule would not apply in that situation. By not trading the players end placing (within the game) was higher than yours.

So there by this rule would for the most part only apply if a player deliberately will not trade, and by doing so will put them out of the game before you.

Reason I say this, is that if by not trading they will gain a better position within the game than the person they will not trade, it is still advancing them within the game. Also at times players will not trade if they know by not doing so you will be out soon. Intention being they will then get opportunity to purchase the properties (possibly cheaper) by making that person go out the game.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:07 pm
ElvisHasEntered
Planetoid

Trace-

I understand your logic, and don't want to change the direction of this thread from it intended purpose... But I do want to say about your last point about getting props cheaper- why would someone with 4800 or even 3600 and other sets upgraded NOT put a bid of 330 in for any of my multiple auctions? Remember I also auctioned blues and blacks, besides offering greens...

Just a thought.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:38 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

the ONLY reason people dont bid on someone's auctioned properties is because they see that , that player is in dire need of money and so they all just dont bid knowing that player will go out soon, unless alot of bonuses and other phenomina happen.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:42 pm
CYN
Admin
Admin

Post subject: strategy Reply with quote

Everyone develops their own strategy, you may not understand their strategy and cant say they you know what they are trying to do. Saying that anyone "has" to trade or "has" to bid on an auction is not fair. Just as some (me included from time to time) try to get the others to go broke early so you can purchase certain props cheaper is a strategy just as not bidding and/or not trading can also be a strategy. Some get upset when someone opens a third on a set and doesnt bid. This can also be a strategy to get others to bid and use their funds. It is risky but also IMO is not cheating. Again anyone could come up with a strategy that no one understands but them. If you do not like how someone plays you make note of their id and try not to join games where they are involved.

ITS ALL GOOD