Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Announcements, Maintenance and Tournaments Ladder Season 1 Registration **READ***
      All times are GMT  

Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:12 pm
Magflag12
Moon

Post subject: Ladder Season 1 Registration **READ*** Reply with quote

I thought now things seem to be gloomy it would be a good time to try to cheer the place up with a bit of competition. Here you may register, but PLEASE read the instructions on how to register first.

First of this is called Open Ladder tournament play. It is known in the gaming world as the easiest way to maintain a consistent competitive and prestigious style of tournament.

Quite breifly, players in open ladders compete for the highest 'rung' possible. The greatest benefit of it all is that this is a continuous tournament that is scheduled by those who participate. Obviously if you are in 1st rung you are beating everyone in GM that is in the ladder. Initially, the order of positions will be done by whoever registers first.

You will get chances to challenge players for rung positions up to 3 to 5 rungs ahead of you (still deciding on official ruling). If the tournament has 20 people then the rung positions will be 1 through 20.

The season lasts from March 13 to April 13 at the end of the season the top 20% of players in the ladder(no larger than 5p) will play in a 4-5p match to see who gets points for being the top dog of the ladder.

It costs 5k to enter (your points will be deducted upon entry into the season) and you must have 10k to qualify. We will not begin the ladder until at least ten people have registered. ONE account per person is allowed into the ladder. You may register for the ladder at any time up untill APRIL 1st. After which ladder registration will close. Once you register you are put at the bottum of the ladder wiith a record of 0-0.

The official rules will eventually be posted in a sticky thread and PMed to all entrants.

TO REGISTER FOLLOW THIS FORMAT: (This is a sample registration)

Name(Gone by): Magflag

Account Name: Welstrum

Best method of contact: PM in the forum or email oks06a@acu.edu

Best available days and time to play: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 10PM GMT

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND:

- If you plan on being absent for more than 2 weeks at a time, it may be best to register when you get back or wait until next season.

- If you do not like 2p, then this is not for you. THIS IS A 2P LADDER

- If you have really bad connection problems and hate losing a tournament match because of it, you may want to reconsider.

- If you do not like having a good attitude and good sportsmanship do not enter this tournament.

REMINDER: A detailed list of rules and how to actually compete in this ladder will be given out to participants and will be posted with in a day or so.

[/b]
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:35 pm
Magflag12
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

Just post your registration on here or you can PM it to me if you really like. I will keep you updated on who all has registered Smile

Keep in mind that this tournament only requires you to be somewhat active, other than that there is no set date or time you will need to set aside to play other than when yyou can on your free time
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:28 am
YAAAHOOOO3

Hi mag pls register me:

Name(Gone by): yaaahoooo3

Account Name: yaaahoooo

Best method of contact: PM in the forum or email william.truman@nbcuni.com

Best available days and time to play: Mondays to Thursday 8PM PST

Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:23 am
muffinhead
Planet

Wow this is trule a great idea. Im actually looking forward to this.

name: muffinhead

account name: muf

Best Method of contact. pm on the gm forum

Best availiable days and time to play.

weekends= 1am-9am gmt
Wednesday= 3am-9am gmt
Monday, Thursday 5am-9am gmt
Tuesday, Friday= No chance.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:16 pm
Eclectico
Planetoid

I recommend you have diffent ladder levels for different skills. For a 10k player to pay 5k in entry fee is half his points. This is just too much, since he will likely lose them to some smurffy expert on one of his 15 different accounts. For a 100k player, paying 5k on a chance to win something like 40k after a month of play would be uninteresting. A top 10 player can win/lose that much in 1 game.

I propose 4 different levels. I also like an idea of prize funds being distributed 50% to 1st place, 30% to 2nd and 20% to 3rd. Based on 20 entrants, you could advertise maximum possible prizes as below. Of course, the top sections might not fill up, so prizes would typically be a bit lower.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:04 pm
Magflag12
Moon

Good call Eclectico, I was just worried that we would not have enough players to begin with, but I do have a compromise for that! We will have 3 ladders.

Ladder 1: Minimum is 15k entry is 5k

Ladder 2: Minimum is 45k entry is 15k

Ladder 3 Minimum is 75k entry is 25k

As for the prizes it will depend on how many entries we get, but it is likely there will be points added to the pot at the end of the tournament for the winners from mods. In light of this new method Eclectico has came up with, I will allow a person an entry into 2 different ladders. If you have an account that is 35k you can enter ladder 2. If you ALSO have an account that is 80k you can enter into ladder number 3.

I will not allow all three ladders to be entered, because scheduling matches would get too complicated.

Anyone like that or should I change the entry fees?

ALSO. A particular ladder WILL NOT begin until at least 8 accounts are entered into that ladder. So advertise if you like this idea.

When registering use the same format as above, but at the end add:

Tournament ladder #: 1,2, or 3.

And also add the amount of points each account has on the side of the name.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:47 pm
MrCrabbs

This idea looks like its going really well and I definitely want to be involved. I especially like the way games cn be played at a time of the two players conveience, will allow for us all to leave more healthy and balanced lives while still keeping the love for GM!

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:46 pm
toonz
Ex Moderator

Toonz

Tai_Fu

Pm me on here

anytime, just tell me in advance.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:06 am
Magflag12
Moon

toonz I reckon you are entering the 15k brackett. as that account is 38k. Let me know if anything changes.

that goes for everyone....

Crabbs did you want to enter a particular account(s) in a bracket(s)?

Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:11 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

i would like to enter with Bill2k07 = 8k points.

Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:48 pm
MrCrabbs

Is there a deadline for entry Maggers?

Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:00 pm
Magflag12
Moon

Not specifically one. You in all reality have plenty of time. Its just there is an advantage to early registration, and it will get the ladder actually started more quickly (because we will not start a ladder until the ladder has 8 members.) BUt if a ladder is started you CAN still join it, so long as its with in the first month of the ladder.

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:26 pm
jonjonny
Moon

kool idea mag.

name: jonny.
account name: your-hero-jonny 110k (ish)
best method of contact pm on here or jonny.footy@hotmail.com

ladder 2 please thanks Smile

Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:36 pm
MrCrabbs

Shouldn't we have a maximum entry too? To enter 115k into ladder 2 seems a bit odd.

Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:36 pm
sim5
Planet

I am in with auction & medi for L2 & L3.
If possible goldman for L1.
Thanks Very Happy

No expectations, no disappointments.