Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints We want judd back
      All times are GMT  

Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:39 pm
ingeras
Moon

Post subject: We want judd back Reply with quote

I am writting this topic and i know from the begining that i will not change the situation of judd.
Gaz i know u give him this ban coz he made a mistake.but mods too are human beings they have feeling and they act sometimes wrong...
Judd gave a lot of his time to this game and since he s mod he did his best to make this place clean and and a good place to play. he helped all the players that came to looby and asked help he played a lot of beginners just to help them and teach them how to play.
how about in his defence of his actions...and so maybe some good can come from this. Maybe asking about the game rules be altered, so players can't save them selves with a trade or auction just before being out of the game.
Yes he made a mistake, but we have to remember all the good things he has done for this place, and all the time he gave up for the sake of the game.
for that GAZ in the name of all judd s friends Can we ask that perhaps a lesser ban could be placed, rather than removing the ban ...he did a lot for this game he is not a simple player ... for that maybe we can found a solution
and i am asking all players who know judd to post here to help and support our friend.
ty all for ur time

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:17 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i was going to go in upraw about this post to be honest.

me and judd are friends on a personal level, and i hope this decision has not stretched our friendship,. BUT he is an adult and i do not have ANY mod, here to do the very thing they are here to eradicate.

Judd is accountable of his actions and if any reduced ban was reduced then we would have an influx in players coming here to get their ban overturned so its not happening,

Lets just break down his 30day ban so that you can see that it is actually a small ban in the first place.

5days = continued barrage of abuse, which involved swear words.
5days = for not having the tact in which i asked judd to have 4 days ago,
30days = for abuse of mod powers ,
5days = for deaing with his own game complaint

as you can see that breaks down to 45 days , so i would say i have been leniant.
Every mod is told when they tae the job, that on mistake and theyre gone, becaue people are looking to mods to be role models

Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:28 pm
MadMACS
Moon

I definitely have to agree with Bill on this one.
I read all the posts about Judd, simply because I don't recall ever seeing a MOD abuse their power and get banned before.

But, as Bill said, mods are supposed to be role models.
If a mod abuses their power, they are letting down the whole GM community.

A few years ago, professional athletes and movie stars always got "green cards and special passes" when they had run ins with the law. But now, the courts make an example out of them, to send the message that it's not OK to break the rules, just because you're a star.

And above all, you have to remember that GM is just a game. Points are just points. Part of why I left back a year or so ago was that people were forgetting that and everything became how to "game the system".

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:18 pm
trace567

Before I start this post, I just want to say this is very difficult for me.

Judd is a friend, who I value greatly. The whole situation has been upsetting, for all people concerned.

Judd is very important to me. He is a good person. However, there is reason for the action taken by Bill. I stand by Bill's decision. But in doing so does not in any way lesser the fact I really like Judd as a person. Nor does it lesser all the good he has done here.

Today I have been placed in a very difficult situation. However having been away and thought things through, I stand by Bill's decision, and agree that he has in fact been quite lenient with the ban.

I hope greatly that Judd will return back to the game, after the ban. Until then I am still his friend. But as a moderator I am here for the benefit of the game and players, and completely understand why the ban stands and cannot be changed.

Please lets all just be friends to Judd, show him our support as friends, whilst accepting that the game has rules that everyone (mods and players must follow).

I am deeply sorry if I have said, or done the wrong things today. Please understand that I have to do my job too here. But that it doesn't mean I don't like judd, or care about him. Believe me I do.

Can I please ask that people don't try and get me to alter this decision. I know everyone is upset right now.

Today I have been asked many times whats happened, and asked to change it. Maybe at times I have said the wrong things, despite trying to do my best. If I have messed up in anyway trying my best, I would like to apologise.

Judd, I promise I am here as your friend always.

Tracy

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:53 pm
MrCrabbs

Way I see it, he was willing to ban me for nothing, so he can't complain a jot.

Not to punish this would be to dispense with the rules, and to risk descending into a situation where either anything goes in terms of trading, or nothing goes, and trading itself becomes in effect illegal. It would also have given the green light for mods in the future to cheat and bully, and would have slowly crushed the spirit of the game.

All that said, if Judd behaved in this way due to any personal problems he is having, then he has my every sympathy and support, and he should be happy to have friends like trace and ingeras.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:28 pm
judd
Planet

Ingeras, please do not get in trouble on my behalf.

Chill hunny bunny Cool