Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Announcements, Maintenance and Tournaments Real Money Challenge
      All times are GMT  

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:05 pm
Eclectico
Planetoid

Post subject: Real Money Challenge Reply with quote

Anyone interested in a real test of their skills? I'm willing to put my money where my big fat mouth is! Laughing

The terms:

* 7 game match for real $. Whoever wins 4 games takes the prize. All 7 games are to be played in a pre-arranged time span (preferably same day).

* Name your own stakes (X), anywhere between 10 - 100 bucks. I will put up 10% more than you. If I win, you pay me X $. If you win, I pay you X + 10%.

Example...

MrCrabbs says "Muahhaaa I'll take your money! Let's go 20 bucks."
Eclectico says "Fine mate... how about Sunday at 8:00 GMT?"
MrCrabbs says "bleh, i'll be drunk by then..."
Eclectico says "hehe, me too... but i play better drunk!" Cool
MrCrabbs wins 4 out of the first 6 games...
Eclectico calls him a few dirty words, then offers to buy a round of beers and acknowledges his good play Embarassed
Eclectico transfers $22 to MrCrabbs via pay pal.

* Offer is open to anyone.

p.s. To anyone who might be bothered by this friendly challenge. Don't take it too seriously. Tournament chess players, drunken buddies at the bar tossing darts, and little old ladies playing bridge all engage in a friendly wager every now and then just to step up the level of competetion. Since our rating system isn't all that accurate... the money is more a way of "keeping score".

Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:14 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so sure this will be allowed.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:23 pm
Magflag12
Moon

Yeah... I will be surpised if this is not against the rules... but, I do like the competitive idea.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:57 pm
bezma2

Again about real money !!. If any of you wont to play for money , you can go to poker.net and play for real money . This game is only for fun and for intimacy and monopoly game for money will not be allowed . We discuss about this several times with players who wont to play for money . Poker.net is your chance . Go and play there . Good luck .

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:58 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

the thing is , its not against the rules if two players are waging it between theirselves,
the only thing i see here though is players will be more inclined to cheat when money is involved but the players waging money, will have to be more aware of this.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:29 pm
judd
Planet

Welcome to my player managment company.

Already signed:

DavidNobre

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:52 am
YAAAHOOOO3

i may accept this challenge under a fully officated game so i know 100% you're not being coached or anything else which might be cheating

plus i'd have to know all your high points and past tournament results

in addition i require multiple warm up games until i say im ready

there could be a few more conditions
Twisted Evil

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:57 pm
Popovitsj
Moon

I like the idea.

I'd like to try it out for $10.

Send me a private message if you want to arrange something

Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:45 am
Eclectico
Planetoid

you have mail

Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:58 pm
fingerbun
Planet

I suggested this idea a long time ago...

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1206

Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:29 am
sim5
Planet

I think the idea of betting between 2 players can work with some strick rules but game site will not have anything to do with it.

Betting between 2 players should not be a problem, those who wants to play 2p game with money should go ahead & play. All those who r against it should not play with money & can keep playing as they r doing now.

To make sure all players who want to bet should get a chance to play with money & i would like one of the mod to be active in arranging this concept so that money tranfer should happen in time & in a fair way.Mod should arrange the game timing as per players requirement.

To start this concept we can start with 1$ only so that it can be run in a smooth way & as the time will progress we can make some changes as required.

Betting games should be played in a 2p format between 2 players who have to transfer 1$ money in mod a/c before playing .It can be a best of 5 games set so that luck should not play a important role.Person who wins first 3 games will get 2$ money transfer in his/her a/c from mods a/c.

All betting games should be unrated so that all gm members have equal & fair chance to improve their points as all will not be taking part in it.

IMPORTANT : Game site GALACTICMAG will not be responsible for any money tranfer,connection lost or any error.

No expectations, no disappointments.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:14 pm
bezma2

Bill , are you going to stop this story about playing with real money .? You know what Kreso think about playing with real money on GM . So I ask you to stop this becouse we discuss about this in the past . Kreso said defined no for play with real money on this site .

Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:20 pm
sim5
Planet

Bezma this site has nothing to do with money, its just a betting between 2 individuals.

No expectations, no disappointments.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:28 pm
palabra
Ex Moderator

To be perfectly honest, I have a lot of trouble embracing this idea.

I have waited to respond because I wanted to see what more people thought about betting on GM, but I am still a little unsure.

IF betting is allowed to happen on GM, it needs to be handled strictly, as sim did a good job of describing. But IF it does actually work, we need to be careful that this does not become merely another gambling application. I would love to see fresh ideas like this work, but only if the integrity and purity of the game is preserved. It is up to the powers at be, and the players as a whole, to decide whether or not this can be handled maturely by ALL players. I am always in support of getting new players, and I would love to see the day when we have 100 people on GM at all times, but we should definitely NOT advertise the game as a gambling game.

It needs to be personal between individuals, and we need to make sure that we are not encroaching on any gambling laws (people of any age are allowed to play GM). If we can enforce all of these conditions (and others that I do not have the foresight to see), then this could be great for the game. So those who pursue participation in this should make sure they uphold the highest standards of integrity.

I may have more to say later. For now, this is all. Please comment on what you think about my thoughts.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:47 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

ok,

Kreso last year, said in no certain terms , that betting and playing for money here will NOT be allowed. there was 2reasons for it , and these reasons were :-

1) Players betting for money will not be allowed due to the certain increase in players trying to cheat their way through games, therefore creating much more work for the moderators.

2) It is IMPOSSIBLE to moderate as one player could quit on purpose and claim they lost connection, there is no way of knowing if a player lost connection or quit themselves..

so the final word on this is, NO betting/transfer of money will be allowed/condoned by galactic magnate and therefore if any takes place in the knowledge of any of the players or moderators, then EVERYONE involved in the transfer and game, will be banned for 100days and no reprieve nor appology will get you unbanned.

PS. i heard there is meant to be a game tomorrow for money, if there is , then stop it now before i have to take action.
thank you