Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions Top ten feature requests
      All times are GMT  

Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:50 am
MrCrabbs

Post subject: Top ten feature requests Reply with quote

I'll number them 1-10 but that is just for counting, it doesn't represent any order of priority.

This list can be put to Kreso to get some improvements.

PLEASE POST REQUESTS IN THE OTHER THREADS IN THE SUGGESTED FEATURES SECTION OF THE FORUM, and we can use this thread for debating and deciding on our top 10.

1) A points calculator.
You are in a game and you want to know whether it is worth taking some risks to go for 1st, for example. Well, how many points are at stake? A points calculator would be used to solve this and similar situations.
For more details, read: http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3212

Last edited by MrCrabbs on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:06 am
Magflag12
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

2) An achievement system
Check out http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3104. Look at the second idea presented for details.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Last edited by Magflag12 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:07 am
Magflag12
Moon

I think we should have very simple and easy to imply ideas, along with a couple of the other extreme. Some that may seem out there, but POSSIBLE, so that we can perhaps instill in kreso some creativity and drive to make things juicy again.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:12 am
MrCrabbs

Nice idea Magflag, butplease describe the suggestion in a different thread, and then nominate it for the top ten here with a very brief description of about one sentence. I don't want this thread getting clogged up with the details of every suggestion.

For my suggestion, I will provide a link to the thread in which the idea was originally proposed, please do the same with yours.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:24 pm
trace567

I still really think we need a system to let people choose who to play, if and only if they want to.

Twice today I was in for a 2p game, and both times I didn't get in someone else did.

It's a nightmare when you are trying to play higher players, like for like points.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:25 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

thats the gamble , thats why kres wont change

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:27 pm
MrCrabbs

For 2) The achievement system, I am a bit unclear about how it would work. Maybe flesh out a more concrete plan, then we can see about adding it to this list?

On trace's thing about picking who you play against, yeah I like it, maybe Kreso can explain if it is feasible and if not why not. I think it deserves to go on the top ten.

Um, more players please come and give ideas.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:18 am
muffinhead
Planet

This is a good topic. Just to sumarise my oponion.

Rule 1) Disagee purly cause the aim is also to become first and to me it isnt abosutly necessary. Also if you want to know that badly then you can memorise the percentages and have a caculator on you. Still a good sugestion.

Rule 2) Great Idea, all for it

Now I introduce

3) Dice Control.

An idea that I would like to hear more oponions on and if rules were to be changed this should be one of the first. In summary it adds strategical choice to the only part of the game that we have no control over. It also shouldn't be to hard to implement.

For more details read http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1915

Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:58 am
MrCrabbs

I really like that idea muff, and I especially like the fact that you dug it out from a year ago on forum - that is exactly the point of this thread, to find the 10 best ideas we have.

Muff, in multiplayer, you always play for first? What about once that becomes impossible - you would be crazy to be aiming for first when you are in a battle not to come last!

Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:01 am
muffinhead
Planet

MrCrabbs wrote:

Muff, in multiplayer, you always play for first? What about once that becomes impossible - you would be crazy to be aiming for first when you are in a battle not to come last!

Then I would go for the best possible result. Maybe I need to reword my above comment. My point was to say that your game plan shouldn't matter whther you have the highest or lowest amount of points compared to the other players.

If I was personally in a game and had to decide whther to take a big risk to go for first or not, I would base it on the odds of it being worthwhile. If the odds are that going for first is more likly then it failing and getting 3rd then I will go for it, otherwise I would stay for 2nd. If I couldnt make up my mind then I would stay safe then sorry.

I most definatly would be fine with your idea being implemented into the game, but for me personally it would have no effect, thats all.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:26 am
MrCrabbs

OK Muff cool. The logic behind it is this.

Imagine a real-life game, where you are playing for money. Knowing that 1st prize is bigger than 2nd prize, which is bigger than 3rd prize, and knowing the odds that you can get each of those prizes, isn't enough info to decide which prize to try for. To decide whether to gamble for 1st but risk getting 3rd, or play it safe for 2nd, you need to know how much bigger 1st prize is than 2nd, and how much bigger that is than 3rd.

If 1st prize is $10,000, second prize $1000, and 3rd is -$10,000, that is very different to if:

1st prize is $10,000, second prize is $1000, but 3rd prize is zero.

In the secondcase, you would be much keener to gamble for 1st prize.

You could use a calculator, but the facility makes it much easier to look at different scenarios, especially for those just can't be bothered.

Last edited by MrCrabbs on Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:00 am
Magflag12
Moon

For the calculator...

I do see it would be useful and a handy tool. But reality is, you can calculate that on your own. So, the benefit wouldn't be THAT great. It would be feasible, and of the ideas we have presented it would be the easiest one for Kreso to change with his programmin' skills. So, I'd say she's a keeper.

As for the dice control...

I do like the idea. It will completely and utterly change the strategy of the game. Add a lot of strategy too. I would say it is something we should add to the list, but change it up a little bit so that it is more presentable. Is there any way would could say, for example, that for someone to roll a dice different than the normal 6 than they have to pay 100 cash or something?

Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:28 am
toonz
Ex Moderator

i say we need an option of bail, pay a high price to get out of jail early, totally optional. It could even lower after each turn. I'm not sure how high it should be, but jail is a punishment, and so is money loss. Like 750 the first time u hit it, 500 for 2 more turns and 250 for 1 more.

I've lot 1250 dollars cus of jail, which is a 2500 net gain. and it cost me the game, so an option of paying a fee and still collecting would be nice.

Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:48 am
Magflag12
Moon

yeah it would be interesting to add some sort of thing for jail. I think you should be able to auction your way out of jail. Start the bidding at like 100 or 200 and then players can bid to keep or get someone out of jail. I like it toonz!

Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:30 am
MrCrabbs

4. A new and more reliable server
Discussion @ http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=33002#33002