Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Bugs second time around
      All times are GMT  

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:31 am
belkin
Planetoid

Post subject: second time around Reply with quote

02:03:2009 time11:20 am i was in a 2p game with 200 seconds to play only to see a sign saying game end u loose and then straight to lobby this is the 2nd time around

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:17 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it a dc in an auction?

I've been trying to find it, but having no luck. But I'm sure some time ago I read a thread where it said the timer on an auction dc is shorter, like you have so many sec's but not the normal time to play, or dc count down.

Sorry if that doesn't make any sense.

Can anyone back this up? I hope I didn't dream reading it somewhere.

Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:00 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

no i remember that post aswell trace, i do remember that a d/c during auction in about 30sec or something like that.

ive checked all logs and i shows that u lost connection not the server creating bugs, if it was abug we would have an infux of the same complaint so i recommend reading the link trace put up in here last post.

thanks

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:11 pm
MrCrabbs

Just anecdotally I can back it up. Usually when I dc I get back to the game soon, but today I got dced and booted from 2 consecutive games, and both times it was when I dced during an auction.

One of these games was a 5p I was gonna lose I think, so it at least saved me some pride!

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:39 pm
judd
Planet

I dont know the timing, but it's around 30 sec when it's happened to me, you can get a quick exit to a game, but thankfully it's been a long time since the last time is happened to me and seems infrequent, 7/8 months or something.

but i'll not play if the server is bad

Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:40 pm
MrCrabbs

It happens coz of my own wireless.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:32 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

most people dont bother to complain about being d/c as there is never a positive outcome of posting a complaint.

Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:14 am
gmadmin

This happened to me as well but it wasn't during an auction rather in middle of the game about 20 minutes into the game. I hope this issue gets resolved soon.

Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:24 am
MrCrabbs

Yeah I have had a few of these recently that weren't in auctions. I've lost at least twice and won at least twice like this.

To describe it, there's no counter, and no message saying it is your turn. Rather, the screen freezes in between your turn and the other players turn and one of the players gets a "Game ends, you lose", the other a "you win" message, within a few seconds.

I think its a bug in the game rather than the server or the connection at the user end, since I told Bill about this after I had had a DC, and another player had a DC, but Bill said that no packets or whatever the terminology is, had failed on the server in that time.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:05 am
jaord_b
Moon

this is clearly a bug bill

i told you in the lobby earlier today about a 2p game i played and got hit by this bug no DC issue at the time I got the end game message this has happned to me twice although the 2nd time i wasn't on the recieving end of the bug. but i have this funny feeling it happens just after a auction for some reason the server seems to boot you either that or timing out your connection.

well thats my theory not worried about the loss of points earlier just feel for those people putting up their high accs and falling victim to this bug