Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints omniownage banned for flaming lobby
      All times are GMT  

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:34 pm
judd
Planet

Post subject: omniownage banned for flaming lobby Reply with quote

constant flaming in lobby.
after repeat warnings.
3 day ban.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:57 pm
OmniOwnage
Asteroid

Post subject: Reply with quote

hello
i have logged on to this forum because the moderator "judd" was kicking me in the lobby
now i see he has issued a ban..
i was kicked for being "afk". i think it was about 10 mins i was afk... i asked the moderator "judd" why i was kicked. he said for being afk. then i asked why i was kicked, but others sit in the lobby for sometimes hours without being kicked. he said because the lobby was empty then. i said the lobby could not have been empty, because i was in the lobby as well as the afk player as well as the moderator "judd" as well as other players. when i asked the questions, i was told to shutup. then i asked why i was being told to shutup. then "elvishasentered" told me to shutup about 20 times, scrolling "shutup shutup shutup" in the lobby.
now i read here i am issued a ban, when i only asked a few questions about the afk kicking process, and asked why i was being told to shutup. so now i suppose i am asking for some sort of overseeing of this matter, because i cannot see what i have done wrong. also, i suppose i need to report "elvishasentered" for his obscene abuse in the lobby. these things just don't seem right... i was just asking questions and then these people just tagged up on me in telling me to shutup.. what a terrible experience on the internet Sad

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:03 pm
judd
Planet

I am not prepared to even entertain an arguement with you.

Serve your ban, and DO NOT FLAME THE LOBBY, or DISRESPECT A MODERATOR.

I am here to ensure the players of the game do not have to put up with flamers & scrollers.

Learn from the experiance.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:04 pm
Magflag12
Moon

OmniOwnage. We appreciate you being a part of this game.

However, please note that being kicked is not a matter of punishment neccasarily. Often mods will kick a player for being afk; the mod is not mad or angry with you and it is not a means of punishment. We do so to keep server space and community integrity in tact.

Our servers can hold only a certain amount of people and therefore it is essential we preserve this limit by removing players in which are afk. Even if it is for 10 minutes, its ok, just log back on when you are ready to play again.

As for community integrity, we see it as problematic for new-comers to come in seeing tons of afk players. It is discouraging to see a game in which you are interested in have members that are inactive.

Please respect that decision, and next time do not disrespect Judd as any moderator can check Lobby history and see that you were disrespectful.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:18 pm
palabra
Ex Moderator

Yes. Mayflag is correct.

I believe that each lobby can only hold about 17 people, and when there are several people who are AFK for over 10 minutes, it is the duty of a moderator to kick them to make space for more people to come in. Granted, the server can handle several lobbies at once, but it is preferable to have the minimum required at a time. It is not a big deal to log right back in when you are actually interested in playing again.

Thank you for logging your issues on the forum. This is definitely the place to voice any problems or suggestions for GM. As you can see, several moderators respond to all issues presented. I hope that you continue to enjoy GM, and understand why mods make the decisions they do- the betterment and cleanliness of the game.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:10 am
OmniOwnage
Asteroid

is there any punishment for "elvishasentered" ?
he told me to shutup about 20 times, scrolling
judd did about 7-8 times

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:12 am
OmniOwnage
Asteroid

i posted a response here, but someone deleted it... all i did was enter the game, and then go to the kitchen. then i got kicked. then i asked why i got kicked. then i was told it was because i was afk. then i asked why other afk players don't get kicked. then i was told to shutup. then i asked why am i being told to shutup. then i was told to shutup some more. then i was kicked. then i reentered. then i was kicked again and reentered again and was kicked again. then i said im going to report judd for abuse. then he banned me. i never cursed. i never scrolled. i only asked about afk kicking procedures, and then why im being told to shutup. why am i banned for these things? abused in lobby then banned.

Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:35 am
palabra
Ex Moderator

Judd would not report you for cursing unless you did it

Judd assessed the situation, and offered a sound punishment; please accept your punishment before a worse one is issued. Moderators do not go out of their way to lie to players just so they can have fun.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:43 am
OmniOwnage
Asteroid

what,areyoukidding?youthinki'mlying?inevercameclosetocussingonetime
inevercalledanyoneaname
ineverinsultedanyone
imerelyaskedquestionedabouttheaforementionedtopics

Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:06 pm
judd
Planet

Omniownage,

Put this behind you and move on.

Your actualy quite a good player for the time youve been on, so lets start a fresh.

Good luck.

Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:17 pm
MrCrabbs

Space bar?