Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Help and Support calculating expenses when negative
      All times are GMT  

Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:55 pm
YAAAHOOOO3

Post subject: calculating expenses when negative Reply with quote

i was just playing in a game w/Oddchick and I was completely ahead w/almost 2900 in credit ahead in cash and I had dark blues and reds fully upgraded..... all she had was purples upgraded to 4x and browns fully upgraded....... on the last few turns i think i messed up by not fully downgrading before passing go on the last turn tho it was suspicious... she was gonna loose if she passed go but i had -1000 w/2 reds left while i passed go and was charged over 900 when passing then landed on her electricity on a doubles roll again and lost... totally bogus

does anyone know the calculation for the 900 charge for passing go... at the time the board had the go at ~ -500
i know theres extra if u have upgrades and are negative but 400 extra is a bit steep

that was bogus b/c i was totally winning down to about my last 3 turns Twisted Evil

now shes beaten me 2x in a row and this is unacceptable

Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:15 pm
Magflag12
Moon

Post subject: Y Reply with quote

Good question yahoo.

The amount you pay extra when in the negative has nothing to do with the status of start value (in a sense). If you are in debt, you pay 20% of your debt in interest. So if the start value is at 200, and you are -100 you will pay 20 dollars in interest. Since the start value covers that you will be payed a 180 paycheck.

**By dollars I mean cash. Sorry for my American Imperialism, it was not intentional. Edited by Magflag12

Now for your instance; you were -1000 as I understand so you ahd to pay 20% interest + the 500. Ultimately leaving you with a score of 1700. The next time you went around you had to pay 340 in interest vs. the 200 in interest from the last round. so 340+ 1700+ 500 (or so) equals 2840.

I believe this is how it works, I do not know if that has been changed, but thats what it was when I was around a few years back.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:04 am
YAAAHOOOO3

Post subject: Reply with quote

dollars cash yes this brings up another question segwaying into the next forum post.......

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:14 am
MrCrabbs

In short, you get whatever is on go (or you pay if go is negative), and you also pay 20% interest on debt.

eg1: Go is at 200, and I have positive money. I get 200.

eg2: Go is at 200 and I have -100. I get 200, but I pay 20, which is 20% of 200. So overall I get 180

eg3: Go is at -200, and I have positive money, so I get -200-0=-200, ie: I pay 200

eg4: Go is at -200, and I have -100. So, I pay 200, plus I pay 20% of 100, which is 20. Therefore, I pay a total of 220, and get nothing.

Last edited by MrCrabbs on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:56 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

perfectly right mrcrabbs.

if all players click the ''website'' button at the top of page, they will be directed to homepage where you can read ''documentation'' on how the wins and losses are calculated.