Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Off Topic Chit Chat response
      All times are GMT  

Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:59 am
deviantgm
Planetoid

Post subject: response Reply with quote

i have decided that i wish to respond to some remarks///
i am posting in this section not to avoid scrutiny, but to avoid collateral disruption to the community...
in this thread, i will be responding to remarks made by Magflag12 when he posted the following///

Quote:

Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:46 am
Magflag12
Planetoid

Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have made it abundantly clear that your are nalee... I never said anything about telling him I was going to report him. As far as your concerned I did not tell him that, unless you were nalee you will never know. Also, I find it humorous that you are trying to justify your use of vulgarity. If you were busy around the house or something that was important you:
1. Shouldn't have been playing a game.
2. Should have simply told me so that I didn't feel like it was against me, because if it wasn't then why not simply tell me.
3. Shouldn't have purposely delayed the time it took to make the auction.
4. Should have acted maturely, even if you felt I was overreacting.

I believe that things like this are what bring a community down. People want to play a game, they do not want to wait around while people do chores. If something comes up, fine, let them know and they are bound to be more patient. You should be more considerate of other players Defiant; just because you feel the need to defy authority because you see some sort of dictator censoring what you wish you could post all over the internet, doesn't mean you have to disrespect other players. I would also like to point out that this is NOT A COUNTRY, this is a website in which people that play this game can get together. You DO NOT have the right to disrupt that, I don't care what high-horse you have been riding in your "defiant" life. If Bill, or anyone for that matter deems you a nusiance to this community and, hence, will negatively effect the amount of people here then you should be removed from this community. Not liking power-hungry dictators is fine, but it is not fine when you assume the role of some revolutionary defiant that feels the need to use curse words on the internet. You will not start a revolution here, because no one thinks your smart, no one will follow your ways you are, quite frankly, pathetic.

||| i'm just trying to see how i can say this without too much fanfare..
you're challenging my intelligence, yet you write an entire logue based on the wrong word... i'm sure you've realized this by now.//
your way of thinking is so flawed and abusive to its owner, that it lead you to instantly believe i was the transgressor you spoke of, when in fact i am not.. you did not even consider that what you had already written might indicate the things that i mentioned,,,, to any number of readers.//
the internet is not a country ? the internet is a 'land' where we can all connect, regardless of our geographical locations>>> it is important.//
i will not start a revolution ? i seek not to be a crusader for the sake of crusading... i seek not to be a crusader at all. this game and the things said in it are important. this game is unique;;; so unique, my fellow space monopoly players, that i feel compelled time and time again to speak and care about the happenings of it, and the care of it>>> for it is to be cared for like an infant child--- never to be exposed to the empires that wish to impose themselves upon it...//
there are many games on the internet... there are many people on the internet... in the vast majority of online communities of any sort and of any quality, there are certain averages of types and quality of people that remain somewhat consistent throughout... but here,,, in space monopoly,,, we have what again can only be described as a unique situation. we have here one of the highest ratios on the internet of number of intelligent users and size of community. very unique>>> for space monopoly is a unique game. it is the perfect and most sexual amalgamation of mathematics, logical thinking, strategy, psychology, and algorithmic recognition i have ever seen. i cannot tell you how much i have seen, but i feel i have seen a lot. and this is it>>> this is... the game. the game of games.//
so you see, now, as you undoubtedly must,,, that you have much to consider;;; the least of which being your appreciation for how indelible your strokes are on this "not a country" land of ours.//
not everything people do is about you.//
have some appreciation, have some patience, and chill.

Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:25 pm
Magflag12
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I apologize for assuming that you were indeed the nusiance I played earlier that day. I should not have assumed such a thing, so I will not even try to justify my assumptions. I believe, that those assumptions were based off of my egocentristic tendancy, tendancies that most men have. It is wrong and selfish, and I apologize.

Although I apologize for that, I do not take back what I said in regards to the nusiance himself. I will admit that at the time I was overreacting and should have questioned it before I took action on the forums. However, his response was unbalancing, and angered me even more. I strongly believe that his behavior, and ultimately mine, can bring down a community like this. His disrespect and my overbearing action-taking and assumptions. So, at the end of the day what we should take from this is that we are adults on here (mostly) and we should behave as such.

As for your response DEVIANT, I appreciate it, but the whole bit about your defiance against authority was spurred by other comments I have seen you make on here. You critizised Bill for his censorship because you felt he was trying to rewrite history. I have read Farenheit 451, I have read 1984, and I assure you we are far from those societies. You are right on one thing, there needs to be a critical review of ALL authority, however, this does not mean that this critical review has to end up in some sort of revolutionary change in authority. Look back in history, the French revolution.... They chopped the king's head off and for 70 years after that chaos had emerged and thousands more died. I'm not suggesting that the revolution was neccessarily wrong, but when you overpower one dictator just to put in the power of someone else, you will find more problems. Look at Cuba, Cuba had a horrible dictator and when Castro overthrew him the people were happy. But now, we consider Castro a "censoring" and "violent" dictator that many American and Non-American missionaries have stood up against for Cuba's on going humanitarian crisis. My point is, is that if you feel that by challenging authority on here for the basis of censoring and "freedom" you are wrong. In no way does Bill or anyone for that matter take away your right to use your intellect, have fun, play the game (unless your gameplay is unfair), or even express simply ideas. Bill, Trace, Judd, etc all attempt to keep this society clean. You are right that this game has a HIGH ratio for intellectuals and this is an extremely positive thing. Some talk, and I am not talking about discussion over controversial topics, rather, talk which includes vulgarity or offensive slur, discourages these intellects from enjoying this website. When I said that this website was not a country I was showing you that you cannot expect to get a country behind you, overthrow some king/dictator, and rule the land how you want it to run. I was actually DEFENDING the intregrity of this website. This IS a place where we can all get together and express ideas, play a great game, and just have some fun. To keep the integrity of this website I believe it neccasary to elimate offensive vulgarity. That was my point in my latter post, thank you and have a good day.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:50 am
MrCrabbs

Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG. If this is an argument you both lose for writing too much.