Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Cursing In The Game
      All times are GMT  

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:14 am
ElvisHasEntered
Planetoid

Post subject: Cursing In The Game Reply with quote

While I understand that verbal back and forth is part of the game, cursing with bad language is not. The game started at about 1 AM on Thurs EST in a 4P game with word2, elvishasentered, magflag and another guy who left early.

Magflag took the verbal jousting to another level with f-words the whole game and at least he should get a warning

Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:15 am
ElvisHasEntered
Planetoid

Post subject: Reply with quote

I just remembered the other guy's name was galfgam

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:37 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

ok 1st of all,

magflag was going to get a 5day ban for the foul language ,, BUT then as i was going through his connections and accounts i see,
MAGFLAG, GALFGAM, and WORD2P are all the SAME PERSON.

so on seeing that i decided to do a bit of digging.

magfal has been using a number off compters at once to play and this has resulted every time he plays at least one of his accounts win,

so i have banned him for 100days for using multiple accounts to team up.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:07 am
ElvisHasEntered
Planetoid

Wait a cotton pickin minute...

Are you saying that I was playing in a 4p game, with one guy on three computers?????

I ought to get some bonus points for that- I think I came in second!!!

That is too funny

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:11 am
ElvisHasEntered
Planetoid

I hope that all those other user names are going to be banned as well-

I thought it was funny at first, but I just played in a game with this same guy (galfgam) and he gave me some weak excuses and tried to deny it. I told him that he was already busted in the forum and he promptly quit the game.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:12 am
Magflag12
Moon

Post subject: Magflag, Galfgam, and Word2p Reply with quote

Ok here is the deal... I am Galfgam I have been playing this game for 3 years... In fact I think you know me bill. Let me assure you first of all, I would not cheat nor use foul language. I would like for you to look at the game and you will see that no actual foul language was made. Let me explain to how this is all a missunderstanding.

I began playing this game bout 3 years ago on a computer at my HOUSE. I made the account magflag, and I made the account galfgam, and penter, and Orrin1988. I quit playing the game off and on and so forth.

2 years later I move out of my house to go to college, at Abilene Christian University. It is here that I pick up the game again. I meet some friends here and tell them about it. So they pick up the game as well. We lived in the same apartment-like building. We were not in the same room, however, I believe we carried a very similar IP address. We had 2 computers and a labtop, with 4 people that would want to play. So we would play each other, Someone would be Magflag, someone would be galfgam, someone would be penter and so forth. Eventually some of the people got their own accounts (Word2p, Word, Palabra, and thecosmonaut) That is most of them, but let me tell you quite a few were made. Now, there is no way to trace which account belongs to which computer, but it is safe to say that they are all complexly connected to each other so it may appear to be on the same computer.

NOW, we are all in different places. One friend is still in Abilene, TX, one is in Amarillo Texas, one is in URUGUAY, and one (me) is attending West Texas A&M University in Canyon. This game is something we play from time to time to just catch up and things like that.

Me (galfgam), Mason (magflag), and Ben (Word2p) played a game last night with elvishasentered. He was a bit rude to mason (magflag), and so mason retaliated with words similar to curse words (fOck) and things of that nature. No actual curse words were used. And as for teaming up against elvis... that is absurd, i ended up getting last, and I am not sure who won. In fact, word2p (ben) got angry with magflag (mason) for making a few bad plays that at the time were in my favor. I am sure where this came from.

Let me assure you all that no Foul Play or Foul LANGUAGE was used here.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:15 am
Magflag12
Moon

I use computer labs, as I do not have a computer that I can use myself at the moment, so your not going to be able to trace accounts to computers... I am not really sure if I can prove any of what I said other than to get all 3 of us (Mason, Ben, and I) on all at the same time and have us post things simultaniously, or maybe check out IP addresses and see how far apart we are... Mason is snowboarding right now, but me and ben would be happy to assist you in any way.
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:27 am
palabra
Ex Moderator

Post subject: In Response to Accusations Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

I don't know you or anything, but I just wanted to help clarify things. My name is Ben Word, and my three accounts are Palabra, Word, and Word2p. I have created a few other little accounts, but I have not used them much. Last night, when I was playing in a game with Mason (magflag), Orrin(galfgam), and the elvis guy, it was a fair game. I was getting pretty upset with magflag (mason) because he was acting like an idiot and messing up a game that I take seriously. I have never been that good, but recently I have started to get a lot better at 2p, and so I have picked up playing quite a bit and taking it more seriously.

What Orrin said above is all true. I did not know about this game until I saw him playing it at ACU, and then a couple of friends all got into the game. I guess that is one of the most common ways that new people find out about it. I am currently studying abroad in Uruguay right now, and I did not even make Word2p until a couple of days ago. I am sure that you can tell this by looking at IP addresses or whatever, and I want you to know that I do not cheat, and I think that any penalty would be unfair. To the best of my knowledge, I have done nothing wrong. In fact, I almost reported Mayflag last night because I was so upset with his conversation in the game, but I cooled off and decided not to.

I just want to say again that I am not a cheater. I am sure that many people have friends on the game, and that is not a bad thing. I love this game and it would be really sad to be banned. I rarely ever brag or talk trash or anything like that. I keep my games clean, and I want to make sure that the game is as clean as possible. I would totally understand a penalty for Mayflag, because he was very insulting, aggressive, and stupid in last night's game, but as for galfgam and I, we did nothing wrong. I hope that this can be worked out and understood.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:49 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

ok.

i have read through all the chat logs and stand by a 5 day ban, for the username of magflag as this account was using foul language which i checked the moment the complaint came in.

as for the rest, i have dug a little deeper, and yes you are correct, the ip addresses are very wide apart, i have checked the ip addresses and one is for sure in uruguay, the other i checked was in texas, so i do believe that you guys are correct,

i did NOT ban you for any inparticular cheattrades, and i do see that a different type of speech is used by you all in the game idicating that you are different people,

you have to understand that when we check the game logs and see something like this immediately alarm bells ring and until a reply from yourselves to prove otherwise we have to ban incase of multiple cheating circumstances.

so for this, i do formally appologise to all of you, and will take back the 100 day ban i imposed but i will have to let magflag take a 5day ban for foul language which is deserved.

i hope this whole topic shows that moderators can be wrong with their decisions on a minority of occasions, but it also shows we are only human and are approachable to maybe rethink our decisions.

sorry all.

thanks

Gaz

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:08 am
palabra
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thanks for sorting that out Bill. I understand it was an odd situation, and I appreciate you taking the time to research thoroughly and find out the truth.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:14 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

like i said to your friend last night, it is not often the moderators are wrong,
but in the odd occasions i myself will accept when i m wrong, and i hope this thread shows that a genuine situation can be resolved pretty quickly

Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:51 pm
tatoom
Planetoid

Whatta now, you go to Texas A&M University you say!?! Surprised

Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:17 am
deviantgm
Planetoid

Quote:
and i do see that a different type of speech is used by you all in the game idicating that you are different people,

what's that old adage ?... takes one to....