Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Help and Support 1024 X 600 should be supported!!
      All times are GMT  

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:35 pm
scruffy
Asteroid

Post subject: 1024 X 600 should be supported!! Reply with quote

I have a new laptop, HP mini 1000. its a netbook with 1024X600 resolution. When I run GM i get an error, no video mode large enough to support 1024 X 768. I really think that GM should be compatible with 1024 X 600 since nowadays netbooks with this resolution are outselling traditional desktops. It would really suck if i had to stop playing GM now that i have a new laptop.

Thanks

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:05 pm
BlLL

Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG why did u bought the trendy netbooks. they look small and neat but unfortunately very technically limited. in that case i suggest you to return and upgrade to a more decent specced notebook whic h could be bought at as tell as 350 pounds or euros nowadays. GOOD LUCK.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:33 pm
scruffy
Asteroid

BlLL wrote:
OMG why did u bought the trendy netbooks. they look small and neat but unfortunately very technically limited. in that case i suggest you to return and upgrade to a more decent specced notebook whic h could be bought at as tell as 350 pounds or euros nowadays. GOOD LUCK.

Why? lots of reasons. i travel very often....i have crossed the atlantic 36 times in the past 6 years.... also it was only $400 which i thought was a great deal, seing how its a premium product...much nicer than the cheapest laptops available in the states for around $600. Tecnically limited? i dont agree...this thing is blazing fast, much faster than the laptop it replaced. It runs all the graphical eye candy you could think of with Ubuntu and Compiz with no problem at all. It also runs Halo just fine. Plus this thing is just so awesome...look up HP mini 1000 and im sure you will aggree...but i dont think its available here in europe yet. Laptops are the new desktops, and netbooks are the new laptops. its the future. theres no reason why GM shouldn't be compatable. it would be perfectly fine if it ran in 800X600 with black spaces at the edges.

Thanks for your reply....anyone else?

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:36 pm
BlLL

in that case I fully agree. Is it the graphics card or just the display that causes the problem? mmmm

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:51 pm
scruffy
Asteroid

BlLL wrote:
in that case I fully agree. Is it the graphics card or just the display that causes the problem? mmmm

Cant be the Graphics...its an Intel 950 chip with 128mb dedicated...it runs halo and other older 3d games just fine. IMO if Halo is compatible, GM should be also.... Rolling Eyes

definitely the display...its a 10.2 inch that only supports 1024X600 and 800X600.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:31 pm
BlLL

well try to get hold of one cheap 19 tft. maybe only cost as little as 30-40 euros. tipp. dont get the posh 24 inch monitors since the graphic gard might not support such a high resolution since it is developed for a 10,2 ich screen.

alternatively try pm kreso the creator.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:37 pm
trace567

Sorry don't know the answer I'm afraid. You have probably already tried changing the display settings in windows for resolution. But yes according to system requirement on the website and your netbook spec, doesn't sound like it's compatible. Sad

Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:53 pm
scruffy
Asteroid

trace567 wrote:
Sorry don't know the answer I'm afraid. You have probably already tried changing the display settings in windows for resolution. But yes according to system requirement on the website and your netbook spec, doesn't sound like it's compatible. Sad

Rolling Eyes I guess your right...the only thing i can do is hope for an updated version that supports either 1024X600 or 800X600. I sent a message to Kreso, i will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your reply!

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:09 pm
BlLL

yw

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:41 pm
trace567

Sent you a PM scruffy of a forum about notebooks and gaming that might be able to help.

Hmm maybe scrap that idea, you have a netbook not a notebook lol. Oops.

Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:23 pm
trace567

Any luck yet being able to access the game scruffy?

Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:13 pm
scruffy
Asteroid

Unfortunately no.... I still have no response from kreso... this sux I miss GM!!!