Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Oppinions Wanted
      All times are GMT  

Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:49 am
magic_gazz
Asteroid

Post subject: Oppinions Wanted Reply with quote

Hi, none of you know me here but im interested in getting some other players oppinions. In what started as a thread with someone complaining about a cheat trade has now become me trying to explain some of my views on trading and trying to better understand why this game is apparrently different to most other games in existance.

I hope that there are some others on here that play other games as I feel that they would better understand where im coming from.

I will post the link to the thread and am interested to hear what other people think about the whole trading thing.

http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=31048#31048

Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:05 pm
fingerbun
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Bud, but I think your in the wrong with this one....

Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:53 am
magic_gazz
Asteroid

Wow what an amazing comment. Such depth, thanks for all the time and thought you put in to that.

Anyone here got anything intelligent to say?

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:35 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

magic i ask that when you reply to anyone on the forum , that you you use a bit more tact, a little less derogitory remark and maybe think about your answer instead of commenting about a persons answer.
to think finger came here, has read the post, i presume he's clicked the link, read the other thread and then put his answer here, whether he writes a full explanation or not he spent time to go reading all other posts.

so maybe before you answer any other posts you may think about what they have done to come up with their answer whether an explanation is given or not,.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:05 am
magic_gazz
Asteroid

Hmm ok, but im sure I made it clear that I was looking for other peoples opinions on trading and saying "your wrong" doesnt really add any thing to the conversation. Especialy as my post here doesnt even ask people to comment on if im right or wrong but to discuss the whole point and ethics of trading.

Is it really asking too much of people on these forums to come up with something better than "IM RIGHT", "YOUR WRONG" "U IZ CHEAT0RZZ!!1".
There must be some people on here capable of sensible discussion.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:28 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

ell your post has been here a day n still noone has answered you, this could be :-

1) people know how this conversation will go
2) people have seen this topic before and know the rules on trading
3) as majority of users on forums are the experianced players, they know this game has rules (in this case it is KRESO's RULING) and above it being ethical they know i am right

but it is general discussion we will see how we go

Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:28 am
tatoom
Planetoid

I agree with gazz.
Bill, why you give 3 strict comments? Is just game!

Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:32 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

tattoom, you know go back a year and i remember you used to be a additive to this great game always here offering your support, friendship and joining in with the great feel for the game , now after i have a break i come back and i see you doing nothing but acting like a big immature kid,
i really cannot be bothered answering any other topics you have answered because to see what you are wrting it just annoying me ,

how old are you now tatoom? 14, 15 16 ? somewhere around there?
i am here to do a job and that job is to rid this game of annoying, flamers such as yourself,
do people know you are bigbang? do they know that you are the annoying one here?
i am even thinking of you being more annoying than BLLL who is now playing the game , learnt a lesson and is trying to fit in here and be less annoying , that is something called MATURITY and thus , something you are obviously lacking ,
so when you finally decide that you would like to contribute to the community in a wholesome mature way, i will then listen to your comments once again ,

Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:34 am
magic_gazz
Asteroid

Bill, you seem to be very hostile towards me. To be honest there was no need for you to reply on this thread again (you have made your comments already), but you somehow felt the need to post again inclulding the comment "they know im right".

Powertrip much??

I dont see what the problem is, I havent done anything and am just looking to discuss how things work and perhaps try and get a better idea of the correct strategy for this game.

To be honest from what I have seen here so far this game has a terrible community.

The "experienced players" so far seem like they just want to group together and not help new players.

The newer players are either dont seem to want to get involved or are immature and are bringing the game down.

Last of all the mods seem to be not involved enough or on some kind of powertrip when they are never wrong. Go watch Judge Dread, sometimes even "THE LAW" is wrong.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:42 am
tatoom
Planetoid

Bill2k06 wrote:
tattoom, you know go back a year and i remember you used to be a additive to this great game always here offering your support, friendship and joining in with the great feel for the game , now after i have a break i come back and i see you doing nothing but acting like a big immature kid,
i really cannot be bothered answering any other topics you have answered because to see what you are wrting it just annoying me ,

how old are you now tatoom? 14, 15 16 ? somewhere around there?
i am here to do a job and that job is to rid this game of annoying, flamers such as yourself,
do people know you are bigbang? do they know that you are the annoying one here?
i am even thinking of you being more annoying than BLLL who is now playing the game , learnt a lesson and is trying to fit in here and be less annoying , that is something called MATURITY and thus , something you are obviously lacking ,
so when you finally decide that you would like to contribute to the community in a wholesome mature way, i will then listen to your comments once again ,

Bill, I am trying to add a foreign character to the game with an english accent.
Ok... is funny. Laughing

Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:10 pm
fingerbun
Planet

Sorry Gazz with regards to my brief answer. I just wasnt in the mood for typing half a page to explain why I think you were in the wrong.

Besides, you wouldnt agree with my explination anyway so it would have all been to waste..

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:47 am
magic_gazz
Asteroid

Let me state this again. I was never asking if I was right or wrong. Please re-read my post if necessary no where do I ask if I am right.

All I wanted was to discuss how the trading works in this game. People that have been playing for a while seem to have values assigned to all the propertys and im interested in how they come up with these figures and how they change during the course of the game.

Also how are other players supposed to know said value if they are less experienced than the people they are playing with. It is very possible that in a 5 player game you could have 2 people that are not as good at determining the value of propertys as the other 3 and they could do a trade and have the other 3 players scream cheat.

Does that seem fair?

I only linked to my previous post so people could see my thoughts so far, I repeat, not for people to join me saying im correct. Although still in my opinion I did nothing wrong. I missclicked and accepted a bad trade then accepted another trade that basically left the game state as it was before any of the trades happened. How that can be called cheating I cant understand. It doesnt really matter any way, to be honest im not that good and have a bad rank anyway so loosing 1000 points doesnt mean anything.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:24 pm
tenaceejed
Asteroid

Hey Magic,

As a newbie here, I made the same mistake assuming this was like the other games. Think of it as monopoly, but with the courtesy and respect of the game as in Golf. In other games it's cut throat, dog eat dog, but here, it seems as though it's more intellectual. You not only play the board, but play the other's style of play.

On another note, calm done when Mods. respond to you. They're only protecting the game and the players within.

and oh yeah, enjoy yourself!!!

see ya out there.

Tenaceejed