Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Can someone stop this tours with big prizes every month ?
      All times are GMT  

Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:18 pm
bezma2

Post subject: Can someone stop this tours with big prizes every month ? Reply with quote

...............and the collection of easy earned points continues .......
Hi David . I dont see you on lobby so i must talk to you here about this unfair colections of points .. ... I understand people who want to gain easy some big amount of points , but , why you want to participate in this ?. For me , you are almost the best player on GM ( after me ...hehe ) and you realy do not have a problem to gain points like me . Iam not in tournaments for only one reason . I dont want easy points and , like you know , i dont care about points . But , there are people who want to improve themselfs , let say , be in first 20 players , but they cant . And one of the main problem for them are tournaments . In only one tour , David, someone can win 50-60k for playing in only 2-3 games 4 is the max . Can you figger out how many games must one , (not so bad player) , win to go to 50-60k . Its easy to calculate .... So , Iam asking You ,David . Think deep about this . You are the one who ( with sim5 ) organize those tournaments . And you are the one who best know how hard is to find at least 10-12 players to play in tour . For me , its like Iam ( if I play in tour ) stealling points to someone who want them bad , but have no oportunity to gain them ( becouse he is to far away from first 200 players and begin to play to late ) , and never will if this saga continue . I think that you will understand what i mean with this post ..... Its to hard to me to say all this only to you and sim5 ( who I realy dont know , becouse in 2 and half years on GM I didnt get not one hi from him in lobby or in forum . Maby he hate me but its not my problem . Saying hi (especially if you are a mod) is one gest of civility , but thats him and its his problem or whatever .) .
I know that you know this is not ok but when you start something its not to easy to stop if noone dont care . I care and I care a lot , and I dont care about me and my points . I care about many old and new player who care about points but can do nothing about it .
I dont want to finish this post in bad environment so I beg you to do something about this prizes for first four places in tour . My suggestion is that .........
feed free for get in tour must be 5k ( its minimum ) or If there are more than 16 players , the feed free must decend in % of players ( Let say 20 playerswill pay about 3.5 k feed free ) and prizes must be in this order................

4-th place........10k
3-rd place........15k
2-nd place.......25k
1-st place........30k .... and thats it . No % or something else .

Even this is to much for the first and second place but its only my suggestion.
P.S. and one thing more... If there are no , at least 16 players registered on forum in tour thread for registrations for tour in day before tour start ( fraiday) than , that tour must be postponed!!!! Thats my opinion .
And , sorry Sim5 , I realy dont need your Hi , but many people on lobby need it only for , they can see that they are wellcome on GM,, thats all . Regards Bez

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:49 pm
trace567

Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree in that I think the tourneys could perhaps use a rethink and restructure. I know from what some players have said on the lobby, and my own feeling on it is this. Lower ranked players are put off joining tourneys as they see on the forum how high some players are. They don't feel they stand a chance, so don't want to spent that amount of points when they go in feeling like they just can't win anyway.

I know tourneys are designed for high players in many ways, but theres high rank players, and medium and low rankers too. A large number of GM players fall into the medium range (low rankers get to a more medium rank in time).

This saturdays tourney fee is 8k. Well for me now i've lost 2 games , my accounts back to the 15-16k or something just from two matches. Xmas I fell right down to 4k and it took days to get it back up. Middle ranker's don't want to risk so many points to play the very top players. Not necessarily because they are bothered about points, but when you drop too low you always get teamed against very new players which if you only have x time to spend playing you want a challenge.

If the standards were dropped, prizes dropped and it was more open to middle ranker's there imo would be a greater uptake.
Maybe there should be tourneys in smaller numbers for the very high ranker's.

8k to a 100k ranker is nothing compared to 8k for 20k ranker.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:23 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

the amounts won in tournaments is going to change,
i am currently awaiting a reply from husky to say i have resumed full head mod status then i will act upon this ,
one of the first jobs i am going to undertake is getting the tournaments back to a reasonable amount of points earned because people are running away with points form tournaments and i dont like it one bit,

i have a few other tasks i must attend to also as i return to head mod, i am looking to change the moderators, and basically give the game a shake up to freshen the game up and make the newer players feel like they have a cance of going somewhere with the game one day.

i appreciate your time here bezma and i promise it will be resolved soon ,

Gaz

Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:26 am
DavidNobre
Ex Moderator

I agree with it....i am always sayin about make the prizes less high...but bez...i won last tourney and got 39k , i dunno if u think its too much but in my side prizes should be fixed for 30k and entry fee for 5k....lets heard sugest from all of u ok? Regards David

Ps1: I always use lower accounts for tourneys.i keep my higher for 2p games.
P:2: i am online bettween 4pm - 7pm gmt

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:02 pm
bezma2

Tx , Gaz . You know that Iam always for good and helpful changes .
David . I didnt attack you , I attack to high prizes for players who gain money in easy way . In the same time some players give their best to become good player with such low money . Look at Trace . She said the right thing . Two - three loses and you are way back down . No tourney for next 4-5 months . There are players who cant be on line every day . They play when they can , and they will always stay at 15-20k and scared to put 5-8k for play with players who play every tour every month and play every day . And yes , you won , congrats , but you said 39k . If there was 16 players ( I said it must be 16 minimum in tour ) you think it would be 39k ? No way . Much more .
The only reason I mentioned your name is becouse You , my friend , organise this tournaments and you do that very good . And you can do something about that . Thats all . Sorry for my bad english but I think you will understand me . Regards Bez

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:36 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

thank you bez , one question are you still a mod?

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:11 am
DavidNobre
Ex Moderator

bez my friend...i know u didnot atacked me and trust me, i wasnot angry...sorry if i sound like =/ .As i said i agree totally with u...prizes are too high and we need changes about it...i am up for it.What i want to know is...what do u guys suggest for it? Fixed prizes? We need suggest from all of u...do u agree with that? Thankfull and always on gm(ur) side David

Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:10 am
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

i have always said that the tourny's should be 10k no more for entry maybe even 7.5k to enter, and then majority of the winnings comes from the points entered in the pool for entry rather than just adding more and more points to the pool all the time ,

now i am back at the helm i will be reviewing this and will be discussing this with all mods soon as i have chance ,

Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:14 am
bezma2

Its ok David . I did sugest this long time ago but we didnt talk to much about .
Yes , Bill . Iam still a lobby mod and I do some kicks and order almost every day . I dont put nothing on forum about that becouse , seams to me that , when you worn , kick a couple of times and than worn again for the last time , every rude and bad behavior player suddenly become good guy, hehe . With couple of kicks it works . If you want I can resign and you can take my power to kick players on lobby , but , I dont see the reason for that . I think that I do a very good job on lobby everytime i can . You and Husky can decide on that . Iam for both solutions.....I can help and stay or...you can dissmis me . Its up to you and Husky to decide , ok . I wont be angry whatever you two decide . Regards Bezma .

Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:52 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

i thought you resigned bezma and was just waiting for your mod sign to be reomved??

Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:27 pm
bezma2

Yes Helen . I know that you just wait that but , the thing is , you wait that only becouse you hate me and not becouse you think iam a bad lobby mod , and that is the only reason what keep me and will keep me to stay on modship . I dont see you on lobby Helen , when I do my " job " and Iam doing it very well . I dont see you playing . What happend . Again one year with famous bad luck ?. Again your oponents had luck and win? .Its better that you continue to play and finaly , after all this time spent on GM , learn how to play and win . learn some strategy . It helps . I see that you still have Bezma sindrom . I dont post in your threads so , I will be glad to not see you in mine , ok . Regards from best lobby mod Bezma .

P.S. This is not about me Helen , Its about tour prizes . Stay on topic theme please .

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:01 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

...you did say you were resigning but i guess you feel important being a lobby momitor so thats cool

Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:05 pm
bezma2

bezma2 wrote:
P.S. This is not about me Helen , Its about tour prizes . Stay on topic theme please .

And BDW , I did said , but , becouse people who need protection on lobby ( not your kind , Helen ,), I will stay until competent people decide to dismiss me , and have a good reason to do that .. ( I see that you can understand my bad english when you want ,) . Good girl , hehe . Flam here , flam there , hehe .The old young not so rude Helen . xx

aussie wrote:
...you did say you were resigning but i guess you feel important being a lobby momitor so thats cool

P.S. What is lobby momitor ??

Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:30 pm
bezma2

And now Bill will worn us both to stop , and you will win Helen . Another thread ruin buy you . Show me one thread or topic in last year ,( after big bang ) where you post without ruin it . This was only about tour prizes , thats all . And what it become after your contribution in this discussion for future tour prizes . It finish like last time when we discussed about the same theme . Ruin by you Helen . Good girl .
Just keep flaming . Its good for you , and if that make you big girl in your eyes , just keep going . Maby , I said maby , one day you realy grow up and go out to find some life , You need it bad . Love you . Bez

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:01 pm
bezma2

It was Bill - Gaz , not you fake BILL ...
Fake BILL ....
I can replay to you in 10 pages but I wont . You are all over the place and its not your fault .Unfortunately, forum is free for everyone , so , its open to you too . You come here in right time for you (after Big Bang and after your baby sitter went on hollydays ) and you think that noone can do nothing against you .You are acting like you are the owner of GM but I can ensure you... You are still here only becouse Kreso have no time to come here , but , he will , and very soon , beleve me . So , enjoy your staying here as much as you can . I know that GM is all you have in your life , Without GM you will return to a real life and you will find your baby sitter waiting for you with worm milk .
And one more thing . About your treath for my ban . You know where you can stick that . Iam not afraid to be banned becouse ,.... After Big Bang and the day you show up , the forum become the place for avoid in big steps and , now I post here only if something is wrong and to give my contribute to GM COMMUNITY , and not any more like in good old days ....for contribute to GM community but , also , for fun and to enjoy in chat with friends and new members .....( Fun !!! Friends !!! ... Do you know what that words mean fake BILL)?? .
And stop with your interfier in any God damn topic . Return to your baby sitter and give her a message from me ......Dont let fake BILL alone in dark and without worm milk ... never again .
P.S. Did anyone ask you , fake BILL , to come here in this topic and post . No . So , if you dont like our lovely chat , go away . Akt your roule of God somewere else , not in my topic . And stay on topic theme if you want to contribute something for GM COMMUNITY .