Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints Spammers in the forum
      All times are GMT  

Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:00 am
cyou
Planetoid

Post subject: Spammers in the forum Reply with quote

OK this is starting to get really stupid this/or these spammers plastering their crap all over the place whats these mods doing about it if fort was still here these posts would be deleted already and the pricks banned from this forum, now its like no one cares is it just me or have the mods gone to sleep or something jeez bring back fort he was good at deleting things

come on mods do something about it

Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:11 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Reply with quote

have you ever thought maybe it is fort doing the spamming? strange the spamming only started AFTER he was booted.....and the spammers are all asian based........hmmmmm...................just a coincidence...i think not.........

Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:12 am
cyou
Planetoid

it did cross my mind but I don't think he would sink that low

Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:15 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

i believe anything is possible .... especially if it will undermine husky's position ....or annoy him

Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:36 am
bezma2

I agree with Helen and i think Husky and I said that before on forum . This spamming started a day after Fort left .Cyou , why you think he wouldn't sink that low . He was low days before he left , or better said , Kreso did what he must when someone abuses his power . In one I totaly agree with you .Fort was very good at deliting posts , especially mine and posts of some others members of GM he didnt like . So , I will tel you and all others who miss Fort . He will never ever be a mod on GM . And you can bet on it .

Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:22 am
cyou
Planetoid

surely this can be solved by a simple IP check or copmuter ID to find out for sure but it still isn't solving the problem of the amount of spam this person is doing just make it go way mods

Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:40 pm
johnny
Ex Moderator

Well, just to let you folks know..

I have unofficially resigned from being a moderator. I did let Husky know, but I made this decision even before Fort left.

I let Husky know that I will continue to help out where I can, but I do not have the time to scroll through cheat and chat logs every day to see where players may have cheated.

I don't know how you players feel about my decision, but this is a thankless job and I'm exhausted from all the work I have put into this game with only the odd thank you here and there.

Don't get me wrong. I am not here for the glory..I took on this role when we were short of mods a year ago and have quietly been doing my "work" here, but I don't feel that I should continue any longer.

In the meantime I have been deleting the spam posts that I "am" able to delete, but only Husky can delete those posts that I have missed. But I have to ask..why am I the only one deleteing these posts? Every day I delete about 20 of them.

Anyway, this is more to let you guys know that I am out. I will continue to help moderating the lobby etc as long as I am wanted, but for the rest of it I simply do not have the time.

I thank everyone for understanding and being behind me when I was an "official" moderator.

Mia/farsouth/johnny

PS..The spammers according to their IP is from China so I doubt Fort has anything to do with this

Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:38 pm
trace567

Just want you to know Mia that your efforts and hard work have not gone unnoticed by me. Just like you said you have been quietly doing your work as a mod, not getting into arguments in the forum and staying out of that kind of thing.

Understandably the role of full mod is very very time consuming pulling up game logs etc etc, and want to thank you for all the work you've done. It's fair enough that you want your spare time back. Can't say I blame you.

Thank you for having tried to remove as much of the spam as you can. I hope something can be done long term on the spam.

Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:37 pm
cyou
Planetoid

I do fell a bit bummed out that your resigning from the position but I respect your decision one thing I've noticed since fort left moral in the community has gone down ten fold this reflects in the forum I know that the mod job is a thankless some times tireless being subject to being criticized your enthusiasm and persistence into making GM a great place for all to play in will not be forgotten

now that you have more time to play mia maybe we can play a big 2p game since you have a lot of time to spare

Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:38 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

mia i have been deleting the spam as well...i already told you this in the mod section...i come on every few hours and delete heaps.....and i am sorry you are going .. gl ....and i disagree i believe fort is behind the spam....

Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:51 am
cyou
Planetoid

deleting the spam isn't working ban the IP that this idiot is using to log in

Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:10 am
johnny
Ex Moderator

Unfortunately we can't ban the spammer from the forum.
Maybe Husky but I don't know where he is!

Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:56 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

cyou ...kreso is the only person who can stop the spammer.....we can do nothing.....it is making us po as well....

Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:59 pm
bezma2

I can stop him . Just give me his address , Wink Wink Wink Smile

Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:59 am
Husky
Ex Moderator

Well, the spammer is Fort and he is going to be stopped.
Muhahaha. Wink

Husky - best dogs ever invented.