Galactic Magnate logo  
   
 
Forums Home Register FAQ Website  
 
 

Forums home Suggestions Another request to reduce auto match factor in game starts
Display posts from previous:   
      All times are GMT  
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
Start Auto match points should be
2x
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
3x
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
4x
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
5x
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8
      Back To Top  

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:35 am
Author Message
Fort
Planet


Joined: 27 Oct 2006
Posts: 1603

Post subject: Another request to reduce auto match factor in game starts Reply with quote

I dont know what to feel, glad that GM taking off to great heights or to feel embarrased to make 2nd such request in just 1 month's time.

Last time the justification was somethign like this,
Quote:
Most of the people playing here would agree to the fact that playing and losing to a person 1/7th of ur points simply.... well sucks. Say you have 21000 points and u play with a player with 3000 what u get by winning is meagre 2.3% of your points while if he wins he gets biggy 105%. Simply unfair, more so coz u cant usually choose whom you want to play with.

However it was kept at 7x as it is now, coz the game didnt had enough players, sometimes not even enough to start a 2 player game, let alone multiplayers. But things have changed for good now. Yesterday when i logged in, it had 32 players online. Now thats nothing short of being called a achievement for a game and yea for kreso too.

In view of above i would suggest to reduce this auto start points matching from 7x to 5x. So u cant get into game with a person who have less than 1/5th or more than 5 times ur points. Ideally i think it should be 2x or 3x but still we dont have enough players to do that. Alternatively the lobby can be divided into beginner, average, advanced, again for which time has not come yet. Also this will take lots of time into coding and all.

Now that i have put all relevant things above i request people to vote and put their views in.


Now again why we stopped at 5x was the limiting factor of number of players. However its growing exponentially lately. We will be having around 40 ids which the top player can play as per current rating. I am sure this is not a small number. So i suggest to reduce this factor further to 3 or 4 for following reasons:

1.It will slow down the growth of new accounts of pro people, which in itself is turning into a menace lately.

2.When a person on higher side wins as of now, he gets about 3% of points while for losing he loses about 80% of his points. By incresing it to say 3x it will be bit more balanced, that is 5% for winning and 48% for losing. Now when we have enough players around to start a game almost instantly, we can surely do with this equation.

I am sure you dont want to lose 80% to gain 3% when that too is doubtful considering u do encounter connection problems or even plain cheating.


Last edited by Fort on Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
      Back To Top  

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:42 am
Author Message
meg
Planet


Joined: 22 Nov 2006
Posts: 607

Post subject: Reply with quote

Now once again i disagree and i will explain again as to why. The lower accounts will never gain points (i remember it was not the easiest task as it was when i was new) and the higher ranked players will gain more points. I also need to point out that the higher ranked people will find it even harder then what it is now to get games. I think it would be a rediculas idea to change the system again.
      Back To Top  

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:56 am
Author Message
jaord_b
Moon


Joined: 14 Sep 2006
Posts: 272

Post subject: Reply with quote

100 percent agree!!!

lets start a poll on this and maybe kreso will implement this very good idea fort...

X 3 is good

it sux playing some one who just makes the 5x your rating thing and having this person take 3% of your points. x2 would be better

anyways just a thought

jarod_b
      Back To Top  

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:04 am
Author Message
Fort
Planet


Joined: 27 Oct 2006
Posts: 1603

Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Poll added
      Back To Top  

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:21 am
Author Message
Fort
Planet


Joined: 27 Oct 2006
Posts: 1603

Post subject: Reply with quote

meg wrote:
Now once again i disagree and i will explain again as to why. The lower accounts will never gain points (i remember it was not the easiest task as it was when i was new) and the higher ranked players will gain more points. I also need to point out that the higher ranked people will find it even harder then what it is now to get games. I think it would be a rediculas idea to change the system again.


1 reason why u dont find perople of higher rating is people dont want to put at stake their high rated ids for meagre gains. More so coz they know they can get another id to similar rating pretty easily. If the the match factor is reduced, they will be discouraged to play new ids (coz growth is slow) and encouraged to play higher ids (coz the risk matches the rewards better).
      Back To Top  

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:38 am
Author Message
meg
Planet


Joined: 22 Nov 2006
Posts: 607

Post subject: Reply with quote

i still dont like it cos basically only people of your rank or higher will see the improvement
      Back To Top  

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:31 am
Author Message
boogaboo
Moon


Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Posts: 301
Location: Israel

Post subject: Reply with quote

Times 5 is ok now.
I still can have a hard time finding a game..
and this would bother people less when jail is finally nerfed.. and trade..
_________________
Whichever I choose it amounts to the same - absolutely nothing
      Back To Top  

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:36 am
Author Message
Fort
Planet


Joined: 27 Oct 2006
Posts: 1603

Post subject: Reply with quote

boogaboo wrote:
and this would bother people less when jail is finally nerfed.. and trade..


Didnt get u there. How and why?
      Back To Top  

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:06 pm
Author Message
boogaboo
Moon


Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Posts: 301
Location: Israel

Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort wrote:
boogaboo wrote:
and this would bother people less when jail is finally nerfed.. and trade..


Didnt get u there. How and why?


When I have 20000 for example, I don't mind playing 5000 ppl, but when there is a considerable chance I might lose just because of luck, I sometimes don't do it.

The *5 ratio is less important than balancing the game, and the ratio is ok for the current gaming population IMO..
_________________
Whichever I choose it amounts to the same - absolutely nothing
      Back To Top  

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:29 am
Author Message
Fort
Planet


Joined: 27 Oct 2006
Posts: 1603

Post subject: Reply with quote

boogaboo wrote:
Fort wrote:
boogaboo wrote:
and this would bother people less when jail is finally nerfed.. and trade..


Didnt get u there. How and why?


When I have 20000 for example, I don't mind playing 5000 ppl, but when there is a considerable chance I might lose just because of luck, I sometimes don't do it.

The *5 ratio is less important than balancing the game, and the ratio is ok for the current gaming population IMO..


Hmm 20000 and 5000, so u atleast agree that u think twice before playing at 1/4th rating. I will not mind if its made to 4x. Atleast i can leave the game window with "join" checked to get a game without fear of getting a 1/5th rated player for a game.

Also i do take it as given that u dont like to play 1/5th rated player when u already think twice for 1/4th one. And since we anyway dont play them why shall we keep it open?
      Back To Top  

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:00 pm
Author Message
meg
Planet


Joined: 22 Nov 2006
Posts: 607

Post subject: Reply with quote

because you two arent the only two people that play this game
      Back To Top  

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:43 pm
Author Message
Fort
Planet


Joined: 27 Oct 2006
Posts: 1603

Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me honestly, if u have a id with rating of 25000, will u like to play with a pro making new id, currently at 5000, when u know,
1.U are not playing a easy target.
2.U are exposed to cheating.
3.U are exposed to connection problems.

1 of these 3 things happen in atleast 1 game out of 25 (actually it happens in 1 out of 5 games) and u lose all that u gain in in 24 other games.
      Back To Top  

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:05 pm
Author Message
boogaboo
Moon


Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Posts: 301
Location: Israel

Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, if a player has low points relative to his real rank (a 30000 player with 6000 account), I'll try hard not to play him.

But!
If a player is really 5000, I WILL play him gladly with my 25000 account.

I'm sorry if you understood from my ezample that a 1-4 ratio is ok.
I just meant to say that even such games should still be valid.

When we first reach 500 players online I will be for a 1-3 ratio Smile
_________________
Whichever I choose it amounts to the same - absolutely nothing
      Back To Top  

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:58 pm
Author Message
Husky
Ex Moderator


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 2091

Post subject: Reply with quote

Woow booga, 500 players online?
When will we see that?

Wink
      Back To Top  

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:04 pm
Author Message
meg
Planet


Joined: 22 Nov 2006
Posts: 607

Post subject: Reply with quote

personally i agree when there are that many players you can be players you can afford to be picky however until then you must take what you can get
      Back To Top  
Post new topic  Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2  Next

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


      Back To Top  

Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group
Avalanche style by What Is Real © 2004