Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions Non-auction counter
      All times are GMT  

Is this a good idea?
No this would distort the balance of the game to much
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Yes! No more missing my last Green for 20 rounds!
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
I don't know
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
I don't understand this new rule
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Sat May 10, 2008 10:35 am
Popovitsj
Moon

Post subject: Non-auction counter Reply with quote

I have an idea for a new rule which should decrease the luck factor.

This is the rule: "All players get a non-auction counter. The counter gets increased by 1 when player passes start, and is reset to 0 when player auctions anything. When the counter is at 9, player can auction any square he passes without having to land on it. If he doesn't auction anything the counter is reset to 0 once he passes start."

Tell me what you think.

Sat May 10, 2008 11:52 am
muffinhead
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

Its very complicated but i like it because it will decreases luck factor, maybe not 2p but most definatly in 45p matches.

The only thing is that because its so complicated, it could backfire if we missed somthing which could ruin the game but if not then i like it.

Sun May 11, 2008 12:27 am
fingerbun
Planet

I like it Pop!

But….

It is very complicated, and new players won’t know what’s going on. I have stated in another post that it makes a big difference if another player gets to auction the majority of extractors and utilities. Your idea would probably put a stop to that.

To a further point Pop, you should know by now that no idea that changes the game in such a way will be considered. I sometimes question the point of this section in the forum.

However, it does make for some good discussion points. I think it is a good idea for the way I play the game, but not a good idea for the actual game. After all, it is suppose to be monopoly right?

The only thing I don’t like about your idea is being able to choose which property you can auction after 9 revolutions. So I like 50% of your idea but wouldn’t look to help you appose it on the game. Sorry Pop

For the record, I voted “I don’t know”.

Sun May 11, 2008 1:46 am
muffinhead
Planet

After thinking about it, this new rule would decrease the value of the oranges and browns because these are the most comonly landed on. If im correct then the further around the board, the more it will benfit that property therefore the greens will be worth even more Shocked

Still i like the idea alot.

Sun May 11, 2008 2:19 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

it is a stupid idea..........same as like trying to force people to trade

Sun May 11, 2008 3:19 am
fingerbun
Planet

Are you going to break your precedent Aussie and actually supply a reason to why this idea is so ‘stupid’?

You don’t need to be so rude all the time Aussie. Cheer up and be happy as I fear you will break your cheek bones if you were to ever smile.
Smile

Sun May 11, 2008 5:16 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

fingers.... you are like a virus ....spreading trouble and nastiness every where you can........ dont you ever tire of doing it????????? ...

Sun May 11, 2008 6:35 pm
Popovitsj
Moon

muffinhead wrote:
If im correct then the further around the board, the more it will benfit that property therefore the greens will be worth even more Shocked

Very good point muffinhead. A possible solution i thought of is that maybe there should be different values for different sets.

E.g.:

Yellow 9 points
Orange 5 points
Brown 5 points
L-Blue 6 points
D-Blue 6 points
Red 7 points
Pink 8 points
Green 9 points
Whites: 7 points
Blacks: 7 points

So if you have 5 points you can auction any Orange or Brown if you pass it, but of course this will reset your counter to 0

Aussie: no flaming please.

Sun May 11, 2008 9:34 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

popov .... take another look ....your best pal fingers started it....am just responding to his personal attack on me....and now you have attacked me

Sun May 11, 2008 11:56 pm
fingerbun
Planet

Pop, these changes are getting bigger and bigger. I still like the structure but this idea is starting to cause a 'domino' affect. Once you change a major aspect of the game, you will need to start changing others to compensate.

Now that you have changed the values of the sets, what now happens to the credit and buying amount of these sets. How about start money? Recession factor, bonus etc. I think you will find that your idea would mean the bonus sqaure would not get hit as much.

I think it would have a major impact on the recession time and game time. It would be a very different game.

I only told you to smile Aussie Smile I am generally concerned about your cheek bones!

Mon May 12, 2008 10:38 am
meg
Planet

if you let people get their prop after so long it pointless the whole point is to have that luck.. if many people beat you using this rule you would whinge and want it to change back

Mon May 12, 2008 9:56 pm
SnickersBar
Moon

i dont like the idea because i see the point in u guys trying to eliminate the luck factor but this is a game with dice. and dice means luck. so i think u should really all quit trying to change the luckfactor. if u want to play something that doesnt involve a luck factor i recomend chess. but i think u should quit trying to exclude the luck factor of this game it just comes with the fact that its a game with dice. Next thing ya know ppl will suggest that after hitting greens 3 times in a row u should get a freebe or somthing.

Tue May 13, 2008 10:15 am
Popovitsj
Moon

I don't think it would have such a big impact as you imply fingerbang. Remember, you need to not auction anything for 9 rounds. With mediocre luck you will land on your needed prop before your counter gets to 9. I think this rule takes away a bad luck factor (not hitting your last prop for more than 9 rounds) and replaces it with a strategy factor.

Tue May 13, 2008 10:47 am
Husky
Ex Moderator

Well said Popov. You took the words out of my mouth. Wink

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Tue May 13, 2008 10:54 am
fingerbun
Planet

Well again I don’t dislike the idea, it would work in my favor. But I guess we will never know whether it has a large impact on the game or not…