Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Off Topic Chit Chat Will Tel-Aviv exist in 2008?
      All times are GMT  

Will Tel-Aviv exist in 2008?
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 10 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
I will not be assimilated by this forum
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:12 am
MrCrabbs

Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If everyone lived by the 10 commandments then the world would be great.

Life is rather too complex or ten simple rules to fix. Exercise: think of an eleventh bad thing. Think of a twelfth. Continue.

As to Meg's big bang point, it is a good one, but it was not written anywhere in the bible that god made a bang at the beginning of space-time, from which all matter and time emerged. Rather, it is claimed that he made the earth in five days, and then the rest of the universe in the form of shiny stuff in the sky, apparently for our amusement. He made the first man out of mud. It's nonsense.

It is claimed Mohammed once had God brake the moon in two and rejoin it. Rubbish.

Science admits what it doesn't know. Religion bs's its way through.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:15 am
MrCrabbs

Quote:
why did there have to be a creator? if we are soooo complex that we had to be created, what about what created us???? it could just exist right? then, why cant we!!!!? think about it.

HHH - I love that reasoning! I honestly thought I had pretty much had the God argument enough times to have heard it all, but that is quite brilliant. Nice one!

Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:23 am
MrCrabbs

Oh and on the 10 commandments (you are missing one Killer and I'm damned if I know which one!):

Surely 1 and 3 on Killer's list (Not sure where they go in Moses') are a waste of space. I recommend replacing them with:

1. Thou shalt not allow others to starve when you can help. (That saves a few million lives a month)

3. Thou shalt not allow others to go without water when you can help (and there's another few million saved a month there).

We could add:

Thou shalt not deprive another person of vaccines, when you can pay for them. (and now we have saved millions more, who otherwise lose the only life they will ever have)

It really seems God didn't put his back into it. Poor show. And two commandments for self-aggrandisement?!?! Tut, tut, tut.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:58 am
meg
Planet

lol crabbs thats population control

Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:15 am
MrCrabbs

Harsh. Could he not have just made humans less fertile? Or predominantly gay? I've heard it said that God (bah!) is so great that only the darkest humour tickles Him. Maybe that explains His peculiar choice of population control.

By the way, why is it Him? Imagine the size of His...

Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:22 am
MrCrabbs

Or, maybe It's really small, and He made the universe to compensate!

Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:26 am
meg
Planet

some people are less fertile but that doesnt matter anymore you can go get ivf...

Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:21 am
tamir
Moon

KillerK wrote:
It's not war, it's genocide. But yes, i was harsh in my words, i will accept that, and since writing this i have made good friends with an israeli chap, and he has educated me on certian things i was unaware of e.g. only 10-20% of israelis support zionism.

My anger is with the zionists, not with jews, i have many jewish friends and we are all people of the book and get along really well, and all of us have common hatred for terrorists, whether muslim, christian, jewish, etc etc.

One world, one chance, one love.

*Group hug*

Most Jews really love their holy land. You realize by saying "you are angry at zionists," you mean to tell Jews that they should not be able to have a state of their own.
Jews are people who believe in Judasim.
Zionists are ALL those who live in the state of Israel.
So you're basiclly saying Jews arent able to live in their homeland. And yes, its homeland for all Jews if you look at history a couple of thosands years ago. Thats also the reason Jews/ Zionists occuping Israel isnt ILLEGAL OCCUPATION.
Make your statement before its late! Like here in GM! Wink

Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:34 am
KillerK
Planet

tamir wrote:
KillerK wrote:
It's not war, it's genocide. But yes, i was harsh in my words, i will accept that, and since writing this i have made good friends with an israeli chap, and he has educated me on certian things i was unaware of e.g. only 10-20% of israelis support zionism.

My anger is with the zionists, not with jews, i have many jewish friends and we are all people of the book and get along really well, and all of us have common hatred for terrorists, whether muslim, christian, jewish, etc etc.

One world, one chance, one love.

*Group hug*

Most Jews really love their holy land. You realize by saying "you are angry at zionists," you mean to tell Jews that they should not be able to have a state of their own.

No that is not my point, fact is most orthodox jews recognise the FACT that they were forbidden by god to ever enter yisrael unless they received divine redemption, which they did not. That is the basis behind the zionist movement.

Consult your own scriptures if you need to,

Jews are people who believe in Judasim.
Zionists are ALL those who live in the state of Israel.

There is a huge difference between a jewish state and a zionist state.
Have a read of this:
http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/

So you're basiclly saying Jews arent able to live in their homeland. And yes, its homeland for all Jews if you look at history a couple of thosands years ago. Thats also the reason Jews/ Zionists occuping Israel isnt ILLEGAL OCCUPATION.

The land belonged to the philistines before it belonged to the jews. And the land has been under islamic rule for a thousand years where muslims, chrisitans and jews lived happily alongside each other. The same cannot be said for the situation under forced zionist rule.

IF the zionists had stuck to the original UN agreements of land "stolen" that WAS NOT THIERS, regardless of who "owned" the land thousands of years ago, there would not be problems.

A picture to emphasise what i mean:

And i won't even start with the apartheid in gaza, fact is this is a genocide of the palestinian people, and you wonder why they fire rockets at israel even when they know that you will retalliate to one israeli soldier killed, by air strikes on civvies, killing hundreds, which btw, is allowed in your own constitution.

And furthermore, another question, is this child who has every right to live in gaza/palestine his birth right, a terrorist?

What was his crime, other than being muslim?

Tamir i do not hate you because you are jewish, i only hate what you people are doing to the original occupiers of the land you invaded.

Cause and effect.

I do not wish to discuss this anymore, we will never see eye to eye, and so i will leave it here.

Peace be upon you.

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:11 pm
KillerK
Planet

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:16 am
tamir
Moon

ok

But, just because the picture looks like that, doesnt means the soldier is about to shoot at the kid. And of course, Jews took occupation of their Israel by 1948.
Make your statement before its late! Like here in GM! Wink

Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:11 pm
MrCrabbs

Tamir - you will struggle to find an international expert of law who does not think that much of Israeli land is occupied illegally, in particular all that seized in or after the 1967 war.

I'm a Greek Cypriot, and after WWII, the idea was raised of giving Cyprus to the Jews as a homeland. Compared to fighting the Israelies, I have to say having only the Turks invade was pretty lucky for us! And we are also lucky in that neither many Greeks nor Turks are sufficiently crazy to claim that God promised them the land!!!

As long as both sides in Palestine claim a God-given right to the land, it is difficult to imagine any lasting peace. This is just another instance of the idea of God (since He is exists only in people's minds), causing death and misery.

A further point to the Israelies, about your 'allies', America. It is often claimed that American support for Israel can be explained by the influence of certain powerful Zionist American Jews on American policy. In reality, a far more important influence in recent years has been the Christian Right. Both of Bush's election 'victories' were marginal, and without the support of extremist Christians, he certainly would have lost. Many of these people never even voted before the 2000 election, when Bush courted them. Since 2000, Bush has offered unwaivering support for Israel. This is for strategic geopolitical reasons (basically, to grab oil, and continue cooperation on advanced weapons systems with Israel), but also to please said Christians. Now, why would Crusading Christians be pleased by support for Jews against Muslims? After all, neither are following the (cough) true path!

The answer is not that there is any natural affinity between Jews and Christians, against Muslims. Rather, the loony Christian Right believes that - I kid you not - when the Jews have regained all of ancient Israel, God will trigger the apocalypse, and Jesus will descend to rule, establishing Heaven on Earth. Upon witnessing Jesus' descent, it is believed, all non-Christians (including Jews) will convert to Christianity, or be cast down.

Lesson for Tamir - pick your friends carefully, and seek peace and mutual respect with the Arab world. Do not rely on America.

Lesson for Killer - respect for other 'people of the book' is not enough. Extremist Christians have no intention of respecting Jews or Muslims. Extremist Jews and Muslims have similarly disgusting views towards Christians and each other. And anyway - the 'people of the book' are only half of humanity at most. All of the three major Abrahamic religions implicitly damn the rest of us: Atheists, Confucians, Buddhists, Hindus, and so on.

My father once said to me: 'You can be anything you like in your life, and, as long as you do not hurt people, I will be proud. But if you are ever fooled by a religion, you will break my heart.'

If its a choice between taking God's name in vain, and dishonouring my father, I will choose the former every time.