Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion What should be the 1st prize in tournament in your opinion
      All times are GMT  

What should be 1st prize in tournaments?
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:50 am
Popovitsj
Moon

Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Because of the constant creation of new accounts and the +100 fee for every game that lasts at least 15 minutes the amount of points in the "pool" keeps increasing, thus causing inflation. It's just common sense to keep increasing the prizes. It should be more than 50k. Don't act like its an "easy 50k". For this 50k you had to win several games in a row against the creme de la creme. This is a hard 50k, and he who gets it deserves it. (And boy am I glad thetime didnt get it :p)

Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:03 am
meg
Planet

the mod running the tourny should decide...

Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:51 am
bezma2

If you wont to be better than The Time than play with him and others . get points with hard play game's like you did so far . You don't need tournaments to be better than Time . And , what a coincidence .... Time erned some of his points on tournament's . Is that what you all want ?

Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:05 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

its not entirely about points bez.....its about getting more players into tournaments.........so the really good players participate....making the torunament very challenging and to give us all the opportunity to play against the best

Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:21 pm
-Legend-

bez u say we should play players like the time and others, since when would we ever get a game with such names, other than in a tournement.

higher prizes increases the entrants, increases the challenge and makes the top prize even harder to get,

and when they prizes are distrubuted the new accounts with higher points are not having to wait a week to find a game, the sooner higher accounts are there the sooner u will see active big games, not waiting for once a month just like a tournement.

i encourage big prizes along with an entry fee and some minimum requirements,
altho i do also feel there should be a minor tournement for players who dont meet the requirements that would still like to play, hence giving them say 10k first prize and encouraging them to play better players and improving their game.

and that way the little guy who doesnt qualify wins a few points and can jump in next months tourny coz he won the battle of little ones!

this is my opinion and i have my reasons for it,
i do however sympathise with the guys that spent alot longer gaining points, but common just coz the game is going into recession from the first dice roll doesnt mean the points avaiable to people should be going into recession too.

you think the points benefit only newer players this is not true, infact it benefits the oldies more, having more experience and more tournement play, should be a doddle to increase ur lead in ranklist against us minor folk.

increasing the prize pool benefits active players who are constantly waiting for a game and never getting one without risking huge points for little gain.

Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:38 pm
KillerK
Planet

You make very valid points legend, i was against the idea originally, but ive been persuaded by some comments players are making, and imo, higher point tnmts are fine, as long as the higher points are reflected in the entrace fee.

E.g i dont see anything wrong with 100k prize, as long as entry fee is say....30k

Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:33 am
MrCrabbs

@-legend-

So humble! Comes second in the tourny and has 70k+ points, yet still thinks of himself as one of the little people! Good on you.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:39 am
-Legend-

hehe, i am one of the little people, and i still got alot of learning to do, which is even more why i am inclined to get more players with higher accounts, maybe then the pro's will come out the closet and show me what i can do to improve my game further.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:03 am
fingerbun
Planet

I didn’t vote as I would prefer a T-shirt or any other overpriced GM merchandise. (That nearly rhymes)

I unofficially speak on behalf of Muffinface who would like to win dinner with Kreso. This would give him the chance to ask Kreso when he is coming back and also ask the meaning of life.

Last edited by fingerbun on Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:06 am
fingerbun
Planet

Quote:
"maybe then the pro's will come out the closet"

Hmmmm. Aussie wont be happy...

Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:29 am
carrieann06
Star

im just glad boogs is back, and hope he will be here for many more tournies, then people might learn a few things

Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:35 am
Fort
Planet

carrieann06 wrote:
im just glad boogs is back, and hope he will be here for many more tournies, then people might learn a few things

lol new players are way too much to handle i say. all big names including me were out by round 2 in march tourney. i call it good sign for the game. quality base has increased considerably.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:25 pm
chakde7605
Planetoid

i didnt read what other had to say about this.

but i strongly feel that the first place guy should not have more than 30k.

moreover, you guys might want to rethink the prizes for all the way down to 6th or 8th.

would encourage more ppl to join up fpr the tournaments

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:45 pm
meg
Planet

you shouldn't get points for coming after 4th.

Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:46 pm
carrieann06
Star

i agree with meg