Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Galactic Magnate General Discussion Auctioning Save money, going once, going twice, Bidd!!!!
      All times are GMT  

ppl will get pissed ik but try it and tell me if it didnt work
yes it worked
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
no it didnt
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
didnt try it
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:22 pm
SnickersBar
Moon

Post subject: Auctioning Save money, going once, going twice, Bidd!!!! Reply with quote

I have figured out a good tactic to get ur stuff cheap althou ppl will generally get pissed off at u. If ur in an auction always wait till the second comes then bid by 30. Advantage 1 ppl can not read ur bidding and will generally not see if ur getting close to quitting or not by bidding slower. This will have some of them chicken out on ya early. Second if you want to dump stuff your opponents who r now pissed off at u for being so slow, will bid each other up to a price they think is ok as they do not want to wait. This is great for dumping 3rds of red or purple did this had a guy pay 2000 for red the other 1800 for purple (3p game) and that right before ec guess who wasnt broke? The last benefit is that i actually got some stuff quite cheap cuz they got tired of waiting for the auction to take for ever. Try getting the first and second cyan for 300 flat? against sum1 with 12000 points. So it works and very well at that. So im saying this should not be called cheating cuz it works magic!!!! Yeah ik im horrible Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:36 am
KillerK
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

Please dont encourage this sort of thing, it's really annoying.

Yes, it works to an extent, but it's still really annoying, and people will start doing it to you too, next thing you know the game is 45 minutes longer.

*insert bang head against wall emoticon*

Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:35 am
fingerbun
Planet

Agree with Killer.

Good players are not stupid. They know exactly what to pay or what to let a property go for. A player can 'slow play' all they want, it doesn’t stop me from making them pay the price I want them to pay.

What is most annoying is when players go up by $30 in an auction. Especially for extractors and other valuable squares.

And I have no idea what you are trying to ask in your poll so I didn’t vote. This isn’t a text message; you don’t need to abbreviate every word.

Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:16 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

i agaree with killer and fingerbang stall bidding will not get you anywhere with experienced players......

Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:18 pm
Popovitsj
Moon

It works. And it's a good tactic. Trying to scare your opponent. Give him some time to think "o no i don't really want to buy it". But if you do it every single bid it just stalls the game, is annoying and also looses its effect. But once in a while, it can be very useful.

Btw, I think that most of the times that people wait till "Going twice" before they bid, they really are not sure about bidding and it will often be their last bid regardless of whether you bid. So if someone waits long, you're never sure, is he just playing me, or is he really thinking about this?

Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:09 pm
MrCrabbs

Pop said:
'It works. And it's a good tactic. Trying to scare your opponent. Give him some time to think "o no i don't really want to buy it". But if you do it every single bid it just stalls the game, is annoying and also looses its effect. But once in a while, it can be very useful.'

And was right.

Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:56 pm
greep
Planetoid

for the final few I usually go 30s even if I want it at 200-300 more. you never know when someone hits give!

but yeah, for, say, the first whites and blacks, its silly not to up it to 900 first with 200s.

I have gotten a utility for 500 right off the bat once tho Smile so do whatever against looooooooooooooooooooooooow rankers.