no
56%
 56%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 30

Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:02 pm
jonjonny
Moon

Post subject: mod Reply with quote

could i be a mod ive played for 2 years highest account 56000 won a tourny speak english and little espanyol?

Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:09 pm
Fort
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he has most of qualities. needs to polish up english a bit though.

Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:23 pm
meg
Planet

i don't think you should be no offence but your too young and we need someone who speaks something other then English... a little bit of spanish is not a good enough qualification.

Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:26 pm
carrieann06
Star

i think you will do a great job jon, and at end of day everyone should be given the same chance, doesnt matter if you cant speak certain languages, neither can the other mods, more mods the better, doesnt mean there still cant be another mod to come that can speak say portuguese or what ever language you all need them to speak

Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:29 pm
meg
Planet

we have enough mods who agree with one another instead of holding their own ground... i think that the next mod should have the ability to speak a different language... plus jonjonny is not here often enough...

Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:16 pm
bezma2

Iam here almost one year and i see Jon only when tournament is on and wery little time on lobby playing. On forum ...I see that he had post 190 times but dont see when..Was it last year ? ..This year definitly not . Nothing personaly but , not to much time on forum lately ( one year ) and not to much time in games . To be a moderator you must be here and know every problems what this game ofer to us ( expetialy many new rules ) . Sorry , its my opinion .

Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:53 pm
Bill2k06
Ex Moderator

personally i agree with bezma, i dont think jon is active enough to be a moderator,and unfortunately i think jons ages at the moment is against him, but apart from that i fel he would be good.

thankx for request jon but i personally say no at the moment.

Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:54 pm
meg
Planet

ummm hello i do believe that I was the one who said that first.

Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:31 pm
muffinhead
Planet

Age has no influence and i believe that it should NEVER be a reason y somone cant be a mod. Jony has met all the requirments except for commitment. I suggested we have more mods so i am for it

However i think jonjony will have the prove his commitment to the rest of us as that is the only and most important flaw i have. However believe we should give him a shot and put him on a trial period.

As caz said what can we lose from having another mod?

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:37 am
fingerbun
Planet

I am happy with the balance at the moment. The current moderators seem to have things under control.

If you look back 8 months or so through the forum you will notice it was pretty crazy and hectic. Moderators now seem to consent with most issues and/or complicated issues.

I believe to be a moderator, age plays a big part. Age usually assures some kind of maturity. I guess another aspect is ‘life experience’, knowing how to keep a cool head and handle delicate situations without causing a big fight. Why do you think we will never see a 23 year old president in America?

A good point was brought up about not being active in the forum or game. A moderator needs to be active to be aware of all situations and outcomes. They need to be aware of particular players and how to deal with them. It is impossible to monitor and control a situation if you don’t know the people and precedents involved.

Now I am not saying young Jon is immature, in fact I wouldn’t know him from a bar of soap. His probably a nice dude, even though he is from England…

I am satisfied with the decisions being made and the promptness of them at the moment. I haven’t really seen any moderators abuse their power or take personal vendettas against other players.

We have a popular saying in Australia

“If it’s not broke, don’t fix it”

Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:52 am
KillerK
Planet

We need game lobby moderators, as there just isnt the mod prescence at all there. Mods with no forum powers, just power to kick players.

e.g. last night, i came onto play a game and end up in lobby_002

Lobby_001 was full. People kept connecting disconnecting etc to try and get into the lobby_001......even though i explain the /join command jeez.

We need regular players to be given "kick" powers, as there is only 1 active mod. It took me 10 mins to get into the main lobby last night, there were 14 players AFK.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:22 am
muffinhead
Planet

I believe that for the sack that we lack mods, that he should becomeone and we can c what happens from there, The way i c it nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:18 am
meg
Planet

muff your against age stipulation because you are the same age.. if we do get a new mod they should speak another language.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:25 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

i agree with killer...we need a sub-mod.......with the power to kick ...its ridiculous how the lobby is allowed to be full of afk players night after night ...

Last edited by aussie on Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:27 am
Fort
Planet

may be a auto kick after 10 minutes of AFK will do.