Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions Restore Down or Maximize screen
      All times are GMT  

Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:35 am
tamir
Moon

Post subject: Restore Down or Maximize screen Reply with quote

I am proposing a restore down/maximize key above the screen while in lobby or game time. I would like to know if this is possible.
This could be very useful.
For example, I am logged in Galactic Magnate. I want to get a game going. While waiting for more than 2 or 3 players to come, I would like to browse the Internet or type some work up. So now I can only minimize the screen. When I do, the only way I can know somebody entered the lobby is by having my sound on. Now I have to unminimize the screen to see who came. And maybe its somebody with a very low rating. So now you go back to what you were doing. Seconds later another person comes in who you have to see to check who. This is very tiring. With a restore down key you can browse the internet or type some work up and look for players entering the lobby in the same time. What do you guys think?

I hope no one proposed this already.
Make your statement before its late! Like here in GM! Wink

Last edited by tamir on Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:40 am; edited 2 times in total

Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:59 am
fingerbun
Planet

Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

lol. Look a few topics below Very Happy

Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:32 am
muffinhead
Planet

I like it in the lobby but disagree with it in a game because then the game will go slower especially in 2p.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:48 am
tamir
Moon

fingerbang wrote:
Quote:

lol. Look a few topics below Very Happy

I think you mean the Minimize topic.

Restoring Down or Maximizing are different then Minimizing. When you Manimize the lobby screen, you're still logged in to Galactic but its not infront of you.
Restoring Down gives you the ability to make the screen smaller. That way you can know whats going down in the lobby or maybe in your game (after your turn) and in the same time do something alse (again, like browsing the internet or typing up some work). While Maximizing is bringing back the game's screen to its normal look (bigger) after you restored it.

Look again fingerbang. I did not mention minimizing if thats what you meant. I think you got confused between minimizing and maximizing. Minimizing was aready proposed and completed (on the top of your screen, left-hand corner in the lobby looking like these> [-]).

Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:22 am
muffinhead
Planet

The reason i believe it shouldt be minimised during a game is cause the game is the one thing u esnt to be focused on and doing other things at the same time will cause longer waiting and more dcs. thats my 2 cents.

Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:48 am
jaord_b
Moon

timar

if you unclick FULLSCREEN that will take you to COMPACT mode before you log into the lobby you are then able to minimize GM when ever you wish and if you wanna surf while waiting for a game... its so eaisly done your post has been answered... there is no need for adding any feature like this because its already there ready to use...

Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:33 am
tamir
Moon

jaord_b wrote:
timar

if you unclick FULLSCREEN that will take you to COMPACT mode before you log into the lobby you are then able to minimize GM when ever you wish and if you wanna surf while waiting for a game... its so eaisly done your post has been answered... there is no need for adding any feature like this because its already there ready to use...

First of all its tamir, jarod.

And second of all, again, where do you see me asking for MINIMIZING Question You guys should read my TOPIC again! I am asking for RESTORING DOWN AND MAXIMIZING THE SCREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT MINIMIZING! MAXIMIZING! NOT MINIMIZING! MAXIMIZING!

I know that you can MINIMIZE the screen in the lobby! I KNOW that!

Read my TOPIC! You made the same mistake as fingerbang! READ before you WRITE! MINIMIZING is different then MAXIMIZING!

When you minimize the screen you're leaving it and are now focusing on another screen. You have the ability to go back to the screen after minimizing it.
When you're Restoring Down the screen you're making it smaller!
After Restoring Down a screen, you can maximize the screen back, or bring it back to its bigger size (full screen).

I do not have to remind you guys AGAIN! You guys must know the difference between the three, mostly between MINIMIZING which I am not proposing because it was already made and MAXIMIZING which I am propsing along with Restoring Down.

I am NOT TALKING ABOUT MINIMIZING for the LAST TIME!

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:01 am
jaord_b
Moon

timar

before you start off a a topic you must listen to advice given to you... I'd gather by your reply that you didn't even try it out,,,

look timar the way I think is kreso hasn't got time for adding stuff like this in to GM if theres already something similar to your request...

timar COMPACT mode is the best you going to get as far as I can see... theres better things for kreso to do rather than impliment a rather pointless request

timar I see this is not the only time you have asked for this request as I read through kreso's reply to you it was some what the same suggestion as what I suggested you do heres a brief re:cap to jog your memory

from kreso to you
Kreso wrote:
The minimize button is in the lobby, in the upper right corner. If you press it, the game will minimize itself and you will be able to see the desktop.

You don't need the minimize button, you can do the same thing by pressing alt-tab. Minimize button was added because lot of people don't know about alt-tab.

If the game is minimized, you will still hear the beeps when someone types chat messages in lobby. If you selected to join a game, and then minimize the Galactic Magnate window, and then the game starts, the Galactic Magnate will maximize itself back and you will hear the game starting sound.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:51 am
Husky
Ex Moderator

OMG, this topic is beginning to go in circles round and round. Evil or Very Mad

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:52 am
jaord_b
Moon

yes I think so husky there seems to be a pattern forming... ok problem solved I will no longer reply to this topic. Ive mentioned a ulternative its up to timar to use it or not

jarod

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:13 pm
Kreso
Game Developer

Galactic Magnate cannot change it's window size. So 'restoring down' is not possible.

Fullscreen checkbox can be unchecked only for people who have their desktop size at least 1280x960. Others don't see the fullscreen checkbox. This is because Galactic Magnate window is fixed to 1024x768, and it wouldn't fit on a smaller desktop.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:06 am
tamir
Moon

Kreso wrote:
Galactic Magnate cannot change it's window size. So 'restoring down' is not possible.

Fullscreen checkbox can be unchecked only for people who have their desktop size at least 1280x960. Others don't see the fullscreen checkbox. This is because Galactic Magnate window is fixed to 1024x768, and it wouldn't fit on a smaller desktop.

Ok, thank you Kreso.

By the way, jaord, I never talked about minimizing as a proposal. I knew you could minimize the screen in the lobby and I always knew where it was. You didnt had to remind me.
And my username is T-A-M-I-R once again! Rolling Eyes

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:14 am
Husky
Ex Moderator

Ok, another problem solved.

Thank you Kreso. Wink

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:39 pm
jaord_b
Moon

tamir

I would like to 1st start off by apoligizing to you for the way I worded my threads in response to you as I have been having a bad week as of late,
in regards to my replies back to you it was not to undermine you in anyway I think it was a case of my ego getting in the way from sensible and rational thoughts in regards to my replies also I'd like to apoligize for miss:spelling your name due to me speed reading your 1st post this is a flaw of mine which I am trying not to practice

I did say that I would not reply to this post but I just had too I didn't like the way I went through this process

regards jarod

Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:58 am
tamir
Moon

jaord_b wrote:
tamir

I would like to 1st start off by apoligizing to you for the way I worded my threads in response to you as I have been having a bad week as of late,
in regards to my replies back to you it was not to undermine you in anyway I think it was a case of my ego getting in the way from sensible and rational thoughts in regards to my replies also I'd like to apoligize for miss:spelling your name due to me speed reading your 1st post this is a flaw of mine which I am trying not to practice

I did say that I would not reply to this post but I just had too I didn't like the way I went through this process

regards jarod

Thanks. I accept. Wink