Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Suggestions An extremely important factor about jail after EC
      All times are GMT  

Do you feel something should be done about this?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
No
50%
 50%  [ 4 ]
Yes and No(Oh Noes)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:19 pm
hrs111111
Planetoid

Post subject: An extremely important factor about jail after EC Reply with quote

I dunno if anyone has raised this concern before..............but then,i feel that this is extremely important when considering the elimination of luck from the game

Consider a 2p game
1->After EC.....if someone lands directly on the jail square,he shouldn't be jailed(similar to the 'just visiting',and 'in jail' feature,of classic monopoly).

Why?.......coz he did not roll doubles thrice but simply landed on the jail square,
now his opponent would have to roll thrice,while he just sits there enjoying for the next three turns,even though he hadn't rolled thrice but just once to land in jail....
and this factor can be,and in some cases have been,the game determining turning point that changes the odds,especially so when the salary ends up over -500 !!!!!

Kind of similar for 3,4,5p games too...,where this 'land on' jailing is advantageous to the player being jailed,if occurring towards the near end of the game

Consider a 2p game
2.Now.....again after EC,lets say someone goes to jail......weather by rolling doubles thrice,or by landing directly...........
now lets say his opponent rolls...........
then each roll of his opponents must be counted as a turn,.......

well if your confused,ill explain....
consider this scenario->
It happened to me in a tight game a few days ago.......a 2p game->
I was standing at Meteor Shower,my opponent was in a Red Square 4 steps behind the Jail.
Both of us had run negative on our cash,for me,i had about -200,with a credit upto -1400...and .for him,he had about -1100 with his credit just upto -1200 credit
The salary was about -650!

so...who do u think will most definetely win?(do concider the credit left,as well as the location of each player on the board,now by all means what are his odds)->

Okie,its his turn(remember he needs to loose just 100 more to go bankrupt,and the salary is -650)...and this is what happens.......
he roll up a 4,lucky to land up in Jail.
Now my turn,and this is what happens(okie well i don't remember the exact figures,but just putting up the kind of dice values that popped up to give u an idea!)
->so,for the first turn,i roll an 8(4,4 doubles),followed by 12(6,6 doubles again)and 9(5,4)
->for the second turn,i do a 9(3,6)
->For the third turn,i roll a (4,4 doubles),and (2,6)

Whoo.....that was like a total of 6 rolls for me...while he just did 1
the result.....he moved up 4 squares...while i moved 54 squares,;)oh noes....and i end up with something like -840 cash
->now its his turn..and he rolls up a 9....whoo...lands on the Green just before Start!

I roll up a 7 to cross Start the second time,and go bankrupt Wink...........

what do you say.....

So i feel this point definitely contributes to the luck factor of the game,and it contributes deeply too....
well maybe the second point does not affect the game really if 4,or 5 players are remaining alive, .......but with just two players left out...........the effect can be devastating(remember my story :p)

Can something be done about this?
Now even if its not EC yet.......for a 2p game....do u think its fair that one guys does just 1 roll,and the other guys ends up doing 6 rolls somehow?

Disclaimer
-----------
Now,potentially,there is even a possibility of one guy rolling upto 9 times,for the one roll where the opponent lands in jail(which is obviously very very veryyyyyyyy small,but though it still has a probability for the grand 9:1 Wink)

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:38 pm
carrieann06
Star

Post subject: Reply with quote

as much thought you have put into this i think the jail luck is fine, some people have it in one game then might not in the next, if you roll 3 doubles you go to jail just like the normal monopoly, but there is a chance card like thing, of go to jail just like normal monopoly, i must say though, jail can be very annoyin, i think the amount of chances of landin in jail could be reduced, as certain player end up in jail like 30 times before ec, then none after when they want to, we like to call this the mia curse lmao, so beware it could happen to you lol

Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:34 pm
muffinhead
Planet

Well caz i disagree with u. Its good to see somone feel the same way about jail as i do. I feel that the jail square should be changed completly.

Personally i think it woulod be best to hav another dormitory or another meteor which would speed the game up. I hav won and lost so many games due to jail both at the beginning and the end.

I hav left this topic for a while, but i believe now is the time to reconsider. It is the biggest luck factor left in the game and without it then the only luck involved is the roll of the dice.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:18 am
carrieann06
Star

nooooo dont remove it, whats the point in that? it equals the luck out ie you have bonus, get 200, get 100, get 10, go to !!! go to bonus

then you have jail, go to jail, pay 200, pay 100, pay 10

change the amount of times you go there, and maybe only recieve half of money through propetoes whilst there, but i dont think it should be removed,

whats the point in havin another empty square doin nothin, if anythin dormetory should be changed to either a positive or negative square not just an empty one

Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:58 am
muffinhead
Planet

Every spot on the board is active except dormitory. Its just another time out spot. Also bonus is nothing thesedays compared to bonus. Its time for change.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:20 am
hrs111111
Planetoid

Exactly!........the bonus you get after EC is nothing when compared to "landing on" jail..........all players get the bonus.......but in a tight game,landing on Jail gives an unfair advantage to the person who lands

Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:06 am
Husky
Ex Moderator

hrs111111 wrote:
landing on Jail gives an unfair advantage to the person who lands

This is part of the game. Wink

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:28 am
hrs111111
Planetoid

Husky wrote:
hrs111111 wrote:
landing on Jail gives an unfair advantage to the person who lands

This is part of the game. Wink

Well.....i feel kindof wierd........the statement above sounds like saying.....
->err well.......you know....luck is an important part of the game!

Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:45 am
muffinhead
Planet

No husky that is monopoly it is part of and this is gm. The reason gm is better then monopoly is because gm is based on skill while monopoly is pure luck and neverending.

But in ec collaps it actually gives an adevantage to the player who lands on it? does that make sense? well i still thni know is time 4 change. Thats my oponion.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:20 am
Fort
Planet

It does not really give advantage to player landing on jail coz he does not get rent from other players while he is in jail. Kind of compensation.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:36 am
muffinhead
Planet

Yes but that makes it really bad at the start. I hav bein in matches where a person has increased 3 spots in a 5p match cause they hit jail twice in a row when they were dead. It may not be at the beginning but when its up around -1000 then it plays huge huge factor.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:43 am
Husky
Ex Moderator

hrs111111 wrote:
luck is an important part of the game!

Exactely. You must admit that luck is the most important part of any game.
In consequence I voted No. Wink

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:01 am
muffinhead
Planet

I honestly dont see how everyone hates it because of bonus and its fine with jail. The world will never make sense to me lol.