Galactic Magnate logo  

Forums Home Register FAQ Website  

Forums home Report cheaters, and other complaints changes!
      All times are GMT  

should original punishments be kept?
yes use kreso's way
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
no use forts way
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:31 pm
carrieann06
Star

Post subject: Reply with quote

well thats just wrong, the outcome of the game is always taken into consideration! and meg no i wouldnt but when it is happenin all the time, and fort is changin the rules so player arent punished then it is wrong! mia was also in the game and she says it is wrong, bill says it is wrong, but coz they cant deal with it he gets away with it! i hope he bad trades everyone of you into loosin a game then i hope you feel the same and you get nothin done to the person in the wrong!

Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:58 am
meg
Planet

this has happened a million times to other people and it didnt matter when it was them. Fort is doing a good job and the way he has set everything up is also good. And i agree with him until kreso says otherwise i think it should continue to run the way he is doing it.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:15 am
Fort
Planet

Quote:
well thats just wrong, the outcome of the game is always taken into consideration!

I will tell u why its not wrong. Outcome of game can be affected by lots of events happening after the reported trade which included rolls and behavior of other players. As u know the logs, u will agree with me that its not possible for anyone to check each of offer and trade of the game. I will rather spend more time on thinking whats the fair value in that particular trade than to speculate on events occurring after that trade.

Trade happens when two parties see them as a fair deal at that particular moment. And i prefer to judge them like that.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:31 am
carrieann06
Star

we will see yes as ive pm'd kreso myself, and fort all mods do check trades after the initial cheat trade, or at least me n bill do, as the ''cheat trade'' could change the game a big way, ie, basil was goin to die, but lasted a little longer, ie queen got another cheap property and ended up winnin

meg it might of happened a million and one times before but everyone else got punished properly for it, anspound has been annoyin alot of players lately with his unfair trades and he keeps gettin away with them! i dont think he should any more!

Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:53 am
Husky
Ex Moderator

Post subject: Re: changes! Reply with quote

carrieann06 wrote:
i have nothin against fort bein a mod, he is great at it, but im concerned about him changin things,

first- he reduces ban times to 5-7 days for first offence after warnin and bein kicked, every other mod sticks to it!

second- for bad trades it has always been- 50% for sender 25% for reciever, now fort has changed this for what reason?

no offence but if ALL OTHER MODS can stick to it why cant you?

You are perfectly right. I agree with you on this.

Bill2k06 wrote:
for the moment i think we should stick to what we know and what we use as it is so successful on here, no need to make changes,

I'm tottaly in agreeance with this.
No changes should be made at this moment.

Husky - best dogs ever invented.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:57 am
Fort
Planet

Husky since u r the only mod left, i will request u to check the said trade in this thread and give ur decision http://www.galacticmag.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1144. I m undoing my decision incl points drop.

I will wait for Kreso's word before deciding on such trades.

Fort.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:04 pm
aussie
Ex Moderator

well i say leave things as they are at the moment..................

and who better to gauge unfair trades than the people involved in the game...............

a view of the game afterwards is completely different to when you are actually in the game.......

and when i was a mod i looked at every chat log before i banned anyone....i never looked at any games as i hadnt learnt that part yet......i left that to the 3 other mods

aussie

Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:22 pm
Husky
Ex Moderator

You have my opinion there. Wink

Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:54 pm
meg
Planet

carrieann06 wrote:
w fort all mods do check trades after the initial cheat trade, or at least me n bill do

what do you mean you do? you shouldnt be anymore

Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:19 pm
carrieann06
Star

ok sorry my bad wordin, i did, bill does, it was just easier writin it as i did, i thought you would know what i ment

Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:07 pm
Fort
Planet

aussie wrote:

a view of the game afterwards is completely different to when you are actually in the game.......

aussie

Not if u ignore the events occurring after trade (except for teaming up evidence) . Hope that clarifies why i prefer not to look into trades etc that take place after reported cheat trade.

Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:21 pm
Husky
Ex Moderator

Ok, let's drop this subject. Wink

Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:09 pm
etg061000
Planetoid

Fort, i think your proposed changes are really good. If a person accepts a trade thats not in their favor then it is their fault. Its good to see a mod taking an intellectual approach when it comes to making decisions instead of just issuing out point drops and bans cookie-cutter style regardless of what happened.

Great job, keep it up

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:33 am
aussie
Ex Moderator

fort..............you have made a big impact on the forum...........basically i dont have a problem with change .....however i prefer changes be done slowly.....but hey i still think you are doing a good job.....

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:56 am
Fort
Planet

Good to see my view is accepted by few. For others i will put it again in some diff words.

Trades values can be categorised as:

1.Trades occurring within range of 50-100% of estimated fair value. Absolutely fair trades, no arguments at all.
2.Trades below 20% of estimated fair value. This is what i call "outright cheat trades" and receives heavy points drop.
3.Trades occurring between 20-50% of estimated fair value. This is grey area. Fair value can be judged differently by diff person depending on his gameplay, his position on board, how desperate he is to buy property, whats his and his opponents cash position, how desperate is his opponent, how lucky/unlucky he is in last few games (it does affects psychologically). With so many factors operating, its very difficult, if not impossible, to account for all these factors. Such trades can be frowned upon but we cannot label a person as cheat on basis of trades in grey area.

P.S.Strictly my personal views with nothing to do with existing rules of GM. Smile